Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a hybrid with a Unicorn?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2013
I was just wondering if it was possible to make a hybrid pet by using a Unicorn. If so, how? I've heard to use a Dragon from some people, but others say you will make one or the other. Any ideas?

~Haley LionGem
Level 33

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only hybrid you can get from a Unicorn is by hatching with a Helephant to get a chance at the Nightmare.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Nightmare_%28Hybrid%29

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
HaleyLiongem on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I was just wondering if it was possible to make a hybrid pet by using a Unicorn. If so, how? I've heard to use a Dragon from some people, but others say you will make one or the other. Any ideas?

~Haley LionGem
Level 33
I have tried to get a Nightmare using a Unicorn and Helephant fire pet. Gave up after a few tries just kept getting a Unicorn back.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
HaleyLiongem on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:

~Haley LionGem
Level 33
From a regular unicorn? Yes, but only one and a dragon isn't going to do it:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Nightmare_(Hybrid)

Survivor
May 29, 2010
From what I know you can use a unicorn to make a hybrid but not like an actual unicorn will come out of the hatch. If you hatch a unicorn with a helephant then it will give you a nightmare pet :o
Hoped I helped :)

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Mary, I have a first-generation Nightmare (Got it from a pack during Pack-a-palooza.) with Unicorn and Pip o' Plenty manifested. I'd be happy to try a hatch with you if you like. I'm in Eastern time zone. Just drop me a message here or on Central; my username is randazanda on Central.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Apprentice Theurgist

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Miranda Nightsinge... on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Mary, I have a first-generation Nightmare (Got it from a pack during Pack-a-palooza.) with Unicorn and Pip o' Plenty manifested. I'd be happy to try a hatch with you if you like. I'm in Eastern time zone. Just drop me a message here or on Central; my username is randazanda on Central.

Clearly a first generation would be the bomb and preferred. Currently I have a fire wizard I am going to delete so I have been hatching once a day till my gold runs out. I have gotten a unicorn, a helephant so I am hoping 3rd time is a charm but if not may I keep you in mind for a real Nightmare hatch?

I have hatched with 100's of wizards randomly you would think one of them would of had a Nightmare - but no...

Thank you again for your offer. I am usually the "giver" in the game, I give my time helping, treasure cards to those in need of them or to sell for gold, pet hatchings for better talents, advice only when asked for it, etc. It's so hard for me to be a taker.

Mary

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Mary, Absolutely keep my Nightmare in mind if you need a hatch with her. As I wrote before, just drop me a message here or (better yet) on Central; my username there is randazanda.

I've seen enough of your posts around here to know you have helped a lot of folks in the game. Sometimes the helpers need help too, and they deserve it.