Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Traditional PvP Mode

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Can we please have just a classic, no pet, no treasure card, fight?
I am tired of people spamming treasure cards and low levels being carried by their pets.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
no no no..

i know a better idea.
HOW about the opponent can't cast a single spell and i get 1000 critical and damage :D :D that would make the game so fair because i am tired of the enemy using spell.

(that was a jok) just in cast you didn't get it.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Ruthless Anthony on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Can we please have just a classic, no pet, no treasure card, fight?
I am tired of people spamming treasure cards and low levels being carried by their pets.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I love the idea as long as there is the option for regular pvp or classic pvp. I could only see a maximum of two pvp options. Any more and we would have to wait twice if not three times longer to get a decently fair match up.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
Yeah you already have this fight you can find it on the tourney board. I am in just about every classic. There probably are not near enough people in rated to make this happen. There are barely enough to keep the current matching system going. During prime time this might work. But you would end up with some horrible wait times for sure. I had to spend a lot of gold on my warlords. Why do people want this for free? Study TC its there for a reason.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Kane Lightbringer on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Yeah you already have this fight you can find it on the tourney board. I am in just about every classic. There probably are not near enough people in rated to make this happen. There are barely enough to keep the current matching system going. During prime time this might work. But you would end up with some horrible wait times for sure. I had to spend a lot of gold on my warlords. Why do people want this for free? Study TC its there for a reason.
Not everyone has the crowns to spend for tournaments. Some people would like to do classic PVP without coughing up.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
You shouldn't get anything but ranked regular pvp for free. Everyone else has to pay for other matches. The current ranked matching system barely functions, this would be a horrible idea just because people don't want to pay for tourney. You would end up waiting ages for this kind of match not to mention you spend no gold during the match. Warlord is already easy enough to get. If you don't want to spend tc don't pvp.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you want pvp by your own rules, pvp in a friends castle with friends who agree with you. There's no reason to create this for ranked pvp. Ranked PvP needs to have the same rules for everyone or rank means absolutely nothing.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Kane Lightbringer on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
You shouldn't get anything but ranked regular pvp for free. Everyone else has to pay for other matches. The current ranked matching system barely functions, this would be a horrible idea just because people don't want to pay for tourney. You would end up waiting ages for this kind of match not to mention you spend no gold during the match. Warlord is already easy enough to get. If you don't want to spend tc don't pvp.
"You shouldn't get anything but ranked regular pvp for free."
Technically, ranked PvP requires either crowns or a membership, so it's not free.
"Everyone else has to pay for other matches."
??? Yes they do, either with membership or crowns. Not sure how this fits into your argument.
"The current ranked matching system barely functions, this would be a horrible idea just because people don't want to pay for tourney."
We're not talking about the current matching system, we're talking about adding in classic PvP. And this is not just because people don't want to pay real money to join a tournament, some people would prefer classic PvP, especially at lower levels because then it won't be about who has the best pet from their high level or who bought the most TCs that can one-hit you.
"You would end up waiting ages for this kind of match not to mention you spend no gold during the match."
I think there are enough people who want this, and what does it matter how much you spend? PvP is supposed to be skill based, not gold based.
"Warlord is already easy enough to get. If you don't want to spend tc don't pvp."
Actually, it would make Warlord harder to get IF you play classic. Furthermore, the reason why people want classic PvP is not because they're cheap and don't want to spend the money, it's because they want to fight someone without TCs. Is that so wrong?

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
seethe42 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
If you want pvp by your own rules, pvp in a friends castle with friends who agree with you. There's no reason to create this for ranked pvp. Ranked PvP needs to have the same rules for everyone or rank means absolutely nothing.
Actually you said this far better then I ever could. I guess classic does already exist for free. Take your friends and go to a castle and PvP without TC. This is all that ever had to be said. Playing without TC would destroy the ranked system. No lower level would ever win a match. Thank Seethe perfect reply.