Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Third fishing quest

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I finished the GH fishing quest, catching the Bear fish and the Todd fish. According to numerous sites, I am supposed to receive another quest from Lucky Hookline. That didn't happen. I just leveled, and hoped that perhaps I needed to in order to receive the next quest. Lucky still has nothing for me. So while I am enjoying catching some fun fish (Jackson Pollock particularly, as he is my favorite modern artist), it is a bit annoying that I cannot continue on the fishing quests.

Hopefully, this is a glitch, and one that KI is working on even as I type.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
The same thing happened to me. Please give us a break after the agony of catching Bearacuda I would like to continue.

Thanks

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Same here, didn't get quest after grizzleheim fishing quest. Took forever to get the Bearacuda.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Is Bear Fish using Life Spell? As im trying to catch one for 2 days!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Autumn Legendflowe... on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Is Bear Fish using Life Spell? As im trying to catch one for 2 days!
Bear Acuda is Fire. I have had best luck catching them in the storm part of Helgrind Warren.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Chiming in here with a me too on not being able to find the third quest.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I am guessing there is not a third quest unless game designs one. I have been leveling by going to the different worlds and catching new odd fish, as it pays at time 1,000 + XP on the catch. I had hard time leveling after the Bearracuda and toddpole but learned to search for new fish, some hints here, go to Grizz H in savastard pass use myth and try for the boss hog or the One like it, they pay a good XP. Then try Mooshu for the fire Dragon eel, its a super looking fish and pays good XP, and if you havent gone to Kroctopia in commons and got the fire jelly fish it pays good as well, like i said i am traveling all over catching all different fish and XP is adding up, dont forget the Mullett fish in Mooshu as well I like its hair style. :)... I am guessing that game didnt make any fishing outside these four worlds...Mooshu, Krocktopia, Grizz H, and wizard city. It would be good for players to post places not mentioned so others will know where to go and fish. I am questioning the second set of fishing spells, they use more energy but i don't see any change in the loss rate or the fish caught, so what is the benefit here? Plus for those that craft, there is a recipe man in GH that will sell you aquarium crafting.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
did it one time in test. and three wizards in live realm.

the test and one in live was next to the bear that sells the aquarium recipes. the other two I got in the Vigrid Roughland.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I finished the Gh quest as well and didn't get another quest after

Survivor
Feb 06, 2013
yes this fish questing is making zero sense to me. is the minor lures the best that fishing has to offer it also feels like a waste to use the utility spells for finding a specific fish. I love the fishing don't get me wrong but it can use some additional work.

6XLadyWizard

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
6xLadyWizard on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
yes this fish questing is making zero sense to me. is the minor lures the best that fishing has to offer it also feels like a waste to use the utility spells for finding a specific fish. I love the fishing don't get me wrong but it can use some additional work.

6XLadyWizard
If you're looking for a Bear Acuda for example, it's and rare. I can spend 3 energy looking at a pool and see that either it has no fish in it so I can skip it, or I get to see which fish are so I can cast to them and scare the other fish away. Either way I use less energy than just randomly casting without looking.

Survivor
May 01, 2013
I caught Bear-a-cuda on my 5th cast. He is a fire fish. You can catch him with a fire lure. Use the school utility reveal spell in the waters where the band plays in grizzleheim. Upstream where the waterfall is coming down is the best area. Look for fire fish that are larger and make a zig zag swim pattern. Easier to get them swimming away from you then towards you. They can dart. Reveal spell helps alot. That side is the best and only spot I have caught them. Unfortunately I never got another quest after that. So I dont know what to do next. Wish someone would tell me. Have looked elsewhere. But nadda. Guess I will just keep fishing. Have like 100s of fish under my belt. Do I move on to other worlds?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
KI made it official via my bug report there is no third quest. let's hope they and more to it

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
no third side line quest for fishing...Now I am officially bummed so strange also

Alexis RavenHeart Lvl 49 Death/Life
Destiny MoonDreamer Lvl 72 Life/Death

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Survivor
Jan 23, 2014
lalabugu on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
I caught Bear-a-cuda on my 5th cast. He is a fire fish. You can catch him with a fire lure. Use the school utility reveal spell in the waters where the band plays in grizzleheim. Upstream where the waterfall is coming down is the best area. Look for fire fish that are larger and make a zig zag swim pattern. Easier to get them swimming away from you then towards you. They can dart. Reveal spell helps alot. That side is the best and only spot I have caught them. Unfortunately I never got another quest after that. So I dont know what to do next. Wish someone would tell me. Have looked elsewhere. But nadda. Guess I will just keep fishing. Have like 100s of fish under my belt. Do I move on to other worlds?
This really helped me, I followed your instructions and caught bear acuda on the first cast!