Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How is Avalon?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
I'm getting close to finishing Zafaria, and I've done so much river travel that I think Sobaka has got to pretty big muscles after towing me around so much. I've just started the Drum Jungle and knowing after that all that stands between me and Avalon is the Elephant Graveyard and Mirror Lake. This is as far as I've gotten in my years of play. How is Avalon? Is it easy or hard? Short or long? Hope to see you there before the 31st.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 73

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Its not too hard (except ghost avalon and the jabberwock), but its long. 8 areas! and the first 4 you go back and fourth from. If you somewhat decent, you shouldnt have a big problem. And if you craft, theres some really nice crafting gear there. Good Luck!

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
oops i counted wrong on my last post.. its 10 areas. High Road, Caer Lyon, The Wild, The Wyrd, Dun Dara, Outer Yard, Lake Shore, an underwater place (forgot name), catacombs, and crystal grove. My bad!

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
wanted468 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I'm getting close to finishing Zafaria, and I've done so much river travel that I think Sobaka has got to pretty big muscles after towing me around so much. I've just started the Drum Jungle and knowing after that all that stands between me and Avalon is the Elephant Graveyard and Mirror Lake. This is as far as I've gotten in my years of play. How is Avalon? Is it easy or hard? Short or long? Hope to see you there before the 31st.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 73
Avalon was just medium level to me. In some part it was pretty hard for example ghost Avalon. It is pretty long but it was really fun to play.

Cole HawkCatcher, lvl 96

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
One final note: The bosses say some really cruel things!

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Avalon has interesting themes. It is tied up with medieval knights, the legend of King Arthur (Artorius), various Monty Python bits, and Faery creatures, and I am only half way through so far. There is one creature, the Whiptail Pantera, which doesn't seem to fit in; I am wondering if there will be some quest eventually explaining where it came from or if some KI artist just felt like drawing purple panthers one day.

It does seem long. I've downloaded the draft quest tree, which seems to be accurate, and it looks like Avalon has maybe 1.5 times as many quests as Zafaria, which itself seemed pretty long to me. It does come with several new quest spells, though, which helps keep it interesting.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I find it a fun, interesting world world, but there are a few bosses that are difficult (Hint, hint, Jabberwock.). I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
What lvl should you around be when you get to Avalon cause i am almost there and i am lvl 71

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
Not a huge fan of Avalon personally. It looks cool but it is really long and it drags on too much.

Lauren SkullCatcher Lvl 78