Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Cloak 1x in PVP or PVE

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Subject says it all, what do you think?

KI said it was growing pains when Reshuffle was made to 1x, and the next PVP gen started.
Maybe this is another growing pain we need to improve the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't see the need. Cloak isn't anything like Reshuffle. I also don't see why PvE is even a factor since cloak has no point in PvE. That's kinda like limiting Pacify or Taunt in PvP.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Just to make sure I follow you... you're saying all cloaks remain "bound" to the cards they were applied to after a Reshuffle, thus eliminating any "free floating" cloaks from that point forward?

Of the solutions I've seen suggested for the Bad Juju spamming exploit, this is my favorite one so far, with a close runner-up being making Bad Juju non-cloakable.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
No, I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this. I'm going to assume that your major problem with Cloak is Bad Juju, which for me, it is too, but I think that Bad Juju shouldn't be enchant-able by any spell. With Cloak being a 1x spell, it functions completely differently from Reshuffle, and that would just waste a huge amount of deck space.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
I don't see the need. Cloak isn't anything like Reshuffle. I also don't see why PvE is even a factor since cloak has no point in PvE. That's kinda like limiting Pacify or Taunt in PvP.
I agree, Pve is not really a factor, I just added it in to see what people thought.
The real point is to stop the constant multiplication of cards, which is still being done.
This prolongs PvP battles way beyound what they should be.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Just to make sure I follow you... you're saying all cloaks remain "bound" to the cards they were applied to after a Reshuffle, thus eliminating any "free floating" cloaks from that point forward?

Of the solutions I've seen suggested for the Bad Juju spamming exploit, this is my favorite one so far, with a close runner-up being making Bad Juju non-cloakable.
Yes, so after one rehuffle, you have none of the cloaks that were used. This will limit the number of cards,
but also limit shields, weakness, bad juju, etc.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
PvP King on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
No, I'm sorry, but I completely disagree with this. I'm going to assume that your major problem with Cloak is Bad Juju, which for me, it is too, but I think that Bad Juju shouldn't be enchant-able by any spell. With Cloak being a 1x spell, it functions completely differently from Reshuffle, and that would just waste a huge amount of deck space.
I agree, but that is the point, it would be a huge amount of wasted deck space, and it would limit
the constant spam of Virt Plag, Bad Juju, -90 shields, and most importantly dispels....
I think it would improve PvP a great deal at all levels.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I agree, but that is the point, it would be a huge amount of wasted deck space, and it would limit
the constant spam of Virt Plag, Bad Juju, -90 shields, and most importantly dispels....
I think it would improve PvP a great deal at all levels.
Hmm, that's one way to look at it, but for me it isn't. My deck relies on 4 cards: Colossal, Primordial, Cloak and Reshuffle. I use those 3 cards to balance my deck out in my next shuffle so it doesn't get all jumbled up with heals and attacks, I still think that Cloak is a very necessary spell in the game, especially in higher level PvP where finding the right cards at the right time is crucial. If it were one time use, it'd be a complete waste of training points in my opinion.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A better solution would be to fix reshuffle to work in a logical way. It should reset your deck to all the cards you started with, minus used TC of course. Not multiply cards by giving you both the enchantment and previously enchanted cards back.