Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do i have to?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
I've always wondered if I seriously have to complete Grizzleheim. You know, the spiral kinda has a link: once you defeat krokopatra you go to Marleybone: once you defeat the cat you go to mooshu: once you defeat mooshu you go to malistaire: once you defeat malistaire...
OK you get what I mean. But anyway: does Grizzleheim actually unlock anything? Or is it just one of those really hard places you do for fun, like Wysteria?
NoraRubyBloom

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Mel8216 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
I've always wondered if I seriously have to complete Grizzleheim. You know, the spiral kinda has a link: once you defeat krokopatra you go to Marleybone: once you defeat the cat you go to mooshu: once you defeat mooshu you go to malistaire: once you defeat malistaire...
OK you get what I mean. But anyway: does Grizzleheim actually unlock anything? Or is it just one of those really hard places you do for fun, like Wysteria?
NoraRubyBloom
Grizzleheim is different than Wysteria. Many of your later spell/pet quests require doing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Mel8216 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
NoraRubyBloom
Yes. Grizzleheim is no longer optional.
You need Grizzleheim to gain your level 35 spell, and to unlock Wintertusk for higher level spells and your pet.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
You should complete Grizzlehiem.
Maybe right now it has bad XP and gold. but later when you are higher level this unlocks wintertusk. Wintertusk has more XP and gold than any main quest and it's really fun and completely worth it. :)

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
It gets you extra loot, that is for sure.....

-Emma Emeraldsword, lvl 63

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes, you need GH for access to Wintertusk and your spell progression. WT also give great XP and loot, has some of the best farming in the game, and has the best craftable gear you will see for many levels.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Yes. Grizzleheim is no longer optional.
You need Grizzleheim to gain your level 35 spell, and to unlock Wintertusk for higher level spells and your pet.
And the things we get from there aren't even that good, at least for myth.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wolf and Rider on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
And the things we get from there aren't even that good, at least for myth.
Shatter, Shift, Talos and Vassanji aren't exactly bad spells. I agree Dimension Shift doesn't get used much, but the others all have uses for Myth.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
Of course you don't. It is totally your choice, Just keep in my that GrizzleHeim, or GH, is helpful because:

- Your level 58 Spell and School Pet come from there after WinterTusk is completed.
- It gives wickedly good XP.
- It has one of the best farming places. ( My opinion of course. )

There are three reasons how GrizzleHeim or GH can help you. Yes it will take a long time, and it's not a main quest, but I promise you it will prepare you for harder things to come in the spiral.

~ Shelby DawnFlower, 29
~ Rachel SkyHeart, 72
~ Stephanie Drake, 58

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I say, you need to do it when you need more spells to fight in tougher areas and so you can get your school pets so you probably should do Grizzleheim and wintertusk i'm not on there yet. Andrew CrowCaster Lvl 42