Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Miscellaneous Game Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
  • Silver chests in many worlds have been updated to provide world appropriate rewards.
  • Creatures on the rooftops of Marleybone should be a little easier to avoid.
  • Listen for additional ambient sound effects as you adventure through many areas of the Spiral.
  • The MooShu quest "An Ailing Emperor" is a mainline quest, and can no longer be declined.
  • Groups of four players should no longer be split up when entering towers within Sunken City.
  • If you're dueling alone and are defeated while you still have an active Henchman, you will now have a full 30 second planning phase in combat that will allow you time to flee or purchase another Henchman.

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks for giving players time to do something if there's an active henchman on the field. That helps.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Was the addition of the Legendary Explorer badge intentional?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
I appreciate the extra time when defeated while using an active henchman. I would also like to see, when in a dungeon with multiple layers, if there would be a way to keep an active henchman with you on to the next level until he or she is defeated. In other words, if you get a henchman on the first level of a dungeon and they survive, they would go with you to the succeeding levels until they are defeated. That would really help people who can't spend a lot of money in the game. Thank you.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
  • Silver chests in many worlds have been updated to provide world appropriate rewards.
  • Listen for additional ambient sound effects as you adventure through many areas of the Spiral.
  • The MooShu quest "An Ailing Emperor" is a mainline quest, and can no longer be declined.
  • Groups of four players should no longer be split up when entering towers within Sunken City.
  • If you're dueling alone and are defeated while you still have an active Henchman, you will now have a full 30 second planning phase in combat that will allow you time to flee or purchase another Henchman.
Oh thank you. Marleybone was a terrible world but now I bet it's better since people aren't forced to be in duels with monsters.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Hi, is there anywhere that lets you know the size of an update prior to signing in and having the game auto-update? This would be excellent for those with limited bandwidth - also those with limited time who log on to do one or two things, only to find that you have to wait over half an hour for a download to complete prior to signing in. If I've missed out where this is, please let me know :)

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
Yodanyetta on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
I appreciate the extra time when defeated while using an active henchman. I would also like to see, when in a dungeon with multiple layers, if there would be a way to keep an active henchman with you on to the next level until he or she is defeated. In other words, if you get a henchman on the first level of a dungeon and they survive, they would go with you to the succeeding levels until they are defeated. That would really help people who can't spend a lot of money in the game. Thank you.
This is a fantastic idea!! Please consider it for future updates :)

Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
I like the updates, they are great. But when did henchmen get so expensive? I spend a lot of time doing trivia to earn crowns and only get barely enough to a level sixty henchmen. Why did the price for them go up?

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
So annoying! As of 7/23/2014 there is a new way of opening the game and it doesn't even open! It never loads. What the hay!
watching for them to bring it back to normal!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Thank you so much!

Administrator
loudncheerful on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
So annoying! As of 7/23/2014 there is a new way of opening the game and it doesn't even open! It never loads. What the hay!
watching for them to bring it back to normal!
Hello loudncheerful,

If you are having trouble loading the game, please send an email to support@wizard101.com so that they can help you sort out what might be the problem.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 01, 2014
One thing I have been wondering, how come the character does not have a natural resistance to spells from your main school? This would be a great update and make it a little more fair. EX: my character uses death magic so why does he not have a natural resistance to it since that is his main school of magic?

Survivor
Apr 09, 2013
um excuse me lady greyrose :) i am a level 82 student and i was wondering if there is gonna be an update for the game were ALL students can craft level 48 spells like storm lord,scarecrow and fire dragon,ect that would be so amazing to craft storm lord where i can get a storm masterty amulet along with my ice spells and colossal and bring back the spell that took away 2 pips to the maximum anout of pips that the spells use (but make it NO PVP) the bosses and minions will be so easier please i hope you hear this well read it lol

Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
I was wondering if maybe there could be an update where you could be able to trade items between wizards. Like, if my friend has a hat for life school but she can't sell it, and i am life school, maybe she could give it to me. And in return, i could give her one of my cloaks. Just an idea :)

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I just want to commend whoever made the decision to make it easier to avoid the mobs in Marleybone. Marleybone was my least favorite place to be because every time my finger twitched just wrong or there was the teensiest bit of lag I would get dragged into yet another unneeded fight. It was beyond frustrating and I could not WAIT to get my wizards through there.
After this update I am actually enjoying myself on the rooftops. Yea I got pulled a couple of times but it was my own fault for stopping at the wrong place to type a response to a player. I really love it there now and I can just be careful and thoroughly enjoy the storyline. Thank you from the bottom of my Wizzy heart.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Thx for the Henchmen Update, You're the best!

Mark

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I'm pretty sure people would agree to this..but can you guys fix the fact that nearly every combat zone has monsters walking in a closed circle sometimes, it's very annoying if you get dragged into a fight and you have TONS of other stuff to do. Could you guys give some space between monster spawning? They are too close and sometimes I can't even get around a certain path without being dragged. Its risky you know? TRUST me, noone wants to deal with that when their busy. Hope theirs a solution!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
Explorer
May 26, 2012
I'm doing marleybone but i still get dragged into battles.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2013
Hi ms.greyrose :D I just got a hairstyle gifted to me from the crown shop. I chose to dye it light brown because i thought it would look nice. but when i saw it in the commons it looked like a weird bright orange color. i cant get another one and change the color because i dont have any crowns. I was wondering if this was some strange glitch or if it was supposed to be like that (please say glitch). Thank you!

Administrator
Imola1 on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
Hi ms.greyrose :D I just got a hairstyle gifted to me from the crown shop. I chose to dye it light brown because i thought it would look nice. but when i saw it in the commons it looked like a weird bright orange color. i cant get another one and change the color because i dont have any crowns. I was wondering if this was some strange glitch or if it was supposed to be like that (please say glitch). Thank you!
Hello young wizard,

I'm sorry your hairstyle seems to be the wrong color. Please send an email to support@wizard101.com with your account name (no password) and character name. They will assist you with the hairstyle color.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 27, 2014
so could this update be the reason the game is having trouble loading on start up? it keeps being slow when it comes to "Patching: .../Marleybone-WorldData.wad" the progress bar on the left keeps filling then resetting triede restarting several times gotten many errors from it and its not just marleybone every time i come upon a new world or dungon it will try downloading it while im playing then give me the cant connect to wizards error most of the time right in the middle of an important battle but when i restarted it has always ran fine but not for marleybone no it just keeps loading its rather frustrating. please help

Administrator
mighty dragon on Aug 15, 2014 wrote:
so could this update be the reason the game is having trouble loading on start up? it keeps being slow when it comes to "Patching: .../Marleybone-WorldData.wad" the progress bar on the left keeps filling then resetting triede restarting several times gotten many errors from it and its not just marleybone every time i come upon a new world or dungon it will try downloading it while im playing then give me the cant connect to wizards error most of the time right in the middle of an important battle but when i restarted it has always ran fine but not for marleybone no it just keeps loading its rather frustrating. please help
Hello,

If you are having trouble connecting please send an email to support@wizard101.com so they can assist you with the issue.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
carebearlover109 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I'm doing marleybone but i still get dragged into battles.
Marleybone teaches us patience. You need to stop. Once stopped, pay attention to how the mobs move. They usually move in sets of three. Once you see that, you'll see your opening and can GO. I rarely get pulled into duels there anymore...unless I'm in a hurry. Then it's my fault.