Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
  • Look for Castle Blocks Recipes at Lloyd FallingWater in the Wizard City Shopping District near the fountain. Look closely, he's there!
  • Look for recipes for Teleport Tapestries on Eudora TangleTree in Olde Town, Wul'Yahm in Krokotopia, Felicia Worthington in Marlebyone, Balthazar Dragonthron in Dragonspyre and Gearwise in Celestia.
  • A new housing vendor has appeared in Zafaria! Visit Jihane Abletusk in the Boabab Market today!
  • You must be friends with the owner of the house to use the Spiral Cup Gauntlet. You do not have to be friends with the owner of the house to use the Winterbane or Pagoda Gauntlets.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
So now that fishing has come out, I think it would be an awesome idea to add a crowns house specifically made for fishing! I mean, most houses in most worlds (save for DragonSpyre) already have a lake or river or waterfall, but a houseboat or something that you could actually move around a huge lake would be incredible. Although I guess that might make a bit more sense in Pirate101, where you could sky-fish off the side of your boat.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
These are wonderful updates! The housing team should get cookies ;)

Thank you SO much for adding tapestries to crafting!

Please consider adding Tapestries to:
AQ - Garden of Hesperides
CL - The Archivist
DS - Atheneum (by the library)
WT - by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord &/or Vestrilund & Austrilund
ZF - Waterfront, Drum Jungle, Elephant Graveyard
WC - outside Lord Nightshade's tower
KR - Shadow Palace

The existing tapestries are ok, but getting to far away places would help more than to base areas.

Please consider adding a tutorial or "how to" for housing blocks. Fan sites will have guides, but new players in the game might not know what these are or how to use them.

Thanks!

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
These are wonderful updates! The housing team should get cookies ;)

Thank you SO much for adding tapestries to crafting!

Please consider adding Tapestries to:
AQ - Garden of Hesperides
CL - The Archivist
DS - Atheneum (by the library)
WT - by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord &/or Vestrilund & Austrilund
ZF - Waterfront, Drum Jungle, Elephant Graveyard
WC - outside Lord Nightshade's tower
KR - Shadow Palace

The existing tapestries are ok, but getting to far away places would help more than to base areas.

Please consider adding a tutorial or "how to" for housing blocks. Fan sites will have guides, but new players in the game might not know what these are or how to use them.

Thanks!
I agree with most of them, but I think LN Tower is a bit too close to the Bazaar to be useful.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
So now that fishing has come out, I think it would be an awesome idea to add a crowns house specifically made for fishing! I mean, most houses in most worlds (save for DragonSpyre) already have a lake or river or waterfall, but a houseboat or something that you could actually move around a huge lake would be incredible. Although I guess that might make a bit more sense in Pirate101, where you could sky-fish off the side of your boat.
Actually, it would make more sense in wizard101, because in p101 you could just hold some bate in your hand and it'll fly up to eat it XD

Other than that, I think this is a really good idea! =)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There should really be Tapestries for major farming spots.

Vestrilund (Halfang's Cave)
Athenium (Loremaster)
Pegasus Place (Helephant Tower)
Crab Alley (Waterworks)
Garden of Hesperides
Shadow Palace

The tapestry to the common area in every world is really kinda pointless. The door to my house will do that.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
I agree with most of them, but I think LN Tower is a bit too close to the Bazaar to be useful.
for real? Bazaar to Stormdrain tower is not very close - all the way to the end of Triton ave, then the all the way to the back of Haunted Cave. Takes a couple minutes even with a mount.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Nice!! I had hoped the Starfall Sea would be more of an actual ocean crossing. I'm not complaining, the great beast ride is very cool too, but fishing and boats do seem well suited. There could be fish in floating lands by the beach, and in the Island Getaway house. I doubt they can add them now, but maybe something like that in the future.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Prince of Shadows: I agree that many of the spots you are suggesting would be nice spots for tapestries. The issue would be that users could bypass paying for those areas needed to travel through to get to the final destinations you are suggesting.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Molly Thunderbreez... on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Prince of Shadows: I agree that many of the spots you are suggesting would be nice spots for tapestries. The issue would be that users could bypass paying for those areas needed to travel through to get to the final destinations you are suggesting.
Nope, that's not a problem. You can't teleport to an area you haven't paid for. You can currently port to a player in an area you have paid for even if you can't get there on your own (and set a mark), so this would be the same.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
There should really be Tapestries for major farming spots.

Vestrilund (Halfang's Cave)
Athenium (Loremaster)
Pegasus Place (Helephant Tower)
Crab Alley (Waterworks)
Garden of Hesperides
Shadow Palace

The tapestry to the common area in every world is really kinda pointless. The door to my house will do that.
I agree. Those are all good locations to get to fast. Also Pet Pavilion.

Being able to craft some is a great start anyway, so thanks KI!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Prince of Shadows on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
for real? Bazaar to Stormdrain tower is not very close - all the way to the end of Triton ave, then the all the way to the back of Haunted Cave. Takes a couple minutes even with a mount.
Ok. "School me" in what these tapestry ideas are all about, cause I am siting here wondering what ya'll are talking about.

Timothy Pearlflower, Exalted Ice

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Promethean oxnhors... on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Ok. "School me" in what these tapestry ideas are all about, cause I am siting here wondering what ya'll are talking about.

Tapestries you can hang on your wall in your house. The Bazaar Tapestry for example allow you to teleport directly from your house to the Bazaar. You face it and press X and next thing you're in the Bazaar.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
What happened in Zafaria? Some of the best stuff that Abletusk had isn't there anymore.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I totally agree with you! But, in wizard101 not priate101!
-JelliBeans603

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I just have a thought about the housing and fishing. Maybe you guys could update w101 or something like that and out in a fishing shack to have all of your fishing stuff in and also I know this is a little too far but have a mount has a too person mount. and have the mount be a truck pulling a fishing boat. Also I know this is more about fishing but kind of about housing too in a way! So it was just a thought.
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I really like the castle blocks. Now I need somewhere to build a castle. None of my previously owned yards are big enough.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I am having problems with the new building block items. When I try to place them, I can't manipulate the pieces. Once I set them down and then try to turn or move, the pieces light up, but the buttons for "pick up" or "move" stay dark and I cannot move them or manipulate them at all. This is so frustrating! Please help me.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Tapestries you can hang on your wall in your house. The Bazaar Tapestry for example allow you to teleport directly from your house to the Bazaar. You face it and press X and next thing you're in the Bazaar.
That sounds so cool! Too bad I suck at fishing.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
I think there should be horse trailers and trucks
-skip and Abby

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
  • Look for Castle Blocks Recipes at Lloyd FallingWater in the Wizard City Shopping District near the fountain. Look closely, he's there!
  • Look for recipes for Teleport Tapestries on Eudora TangleTree in Olde Town, Wul'Yahm in Krokotopia, Felicia Worthington in Marlebyone, Balthazar Dragonthron in Dragonspyre and Gearwise in Celestia.
  • A new housing vendor has appeared in Zafaria! Visit Jihane Abletusk in the Boabab Market today!
  • You must be friends with the owner of the house to use the Spiral Cup Gauntlet. You do not have to be friends with the owner of the house to use the Winterbane or Pagoda Gauntlets.
I think for mounts we should have cars
-skip and Abby

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
  • I think in a new update we should be able to build our house completely some people might think that it would be very cool to customize and create there own house

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
it would be very cool to add new pets because some can do spells some cand do not.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
In future fishing updates, once it comes to Celestia, Wintertusk, possibly Dragonspyre (fishing in lava seems... relatively safe), you should add ultra-rare sea chests.These chests could contain more gold, rare crafting items, powerful, level-appropriate items, and maybe even pets, like a little Cuddlefish who got trapped in there (for some reason I really want a cuddlefish pet). Of course, you would have an incredibly low chance of hooking these guys and keeping them on there, so it'd be best not to get your hopes up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
In future fishing updates, once it comes to Celestia, Wintertusk, possibly Dragonspyre (fishing in lava seems... relatively safe), you should add ultra-rare sea chests.These chests could contain more gold, rare crafting items, powerful, level-appropriate items, and maybe even pets, like a little Cuddlefish who got trapped in there (for some reason I really want a cuddlefish pet). Of course, you would have an incredibly low chance of hooking these guys and keeping them on there, so it'd be best not to get your hopes up.
The chests already do give all that, except the ciddlefish pet. I've gotten several crown items and pets from them.