Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2014
Hullo everyone! I'm Lucky Hookline and I'm gonna teach you about Magical Fishing!

If'n you're level 7 or higher on the Test Realm, come chat with me in the Wizard City Commons.

If you want to fish, you have to go where the fish are! Many areas of the Spiral are populated with fish, and you'll know you're in the right spot when the Fishing Icon appears above your Journal. Clicking on the Fishing Icon displays your Fishing Spells. Fishing is a magical activity in the Spiral, ya know! Fishing is currently only available in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, and Mooshu. Fishing has only just begun in the Spiral and more Fishing Holes and species are just waiting to be discovered!

There are different types of Fishing Spells, including Fish Catching Spells and Fishing Utility Spells that allow you to reveal a fish's school, or even restock the ponds!

When you're near a body of water, you just have to click on a Fish Catching spell to cast a Magical Lure. These magical lures look like orbs and they act as both a lure and a float, drawing nearby fish to it, as well as bobbing up and down when they bite!

If you don't like where your Magical Lure landed, you can click the cancel button and quickly recast the spell again.

When the Magical Lure flashes, that means a fish has noticed it and is coming closer to take a bite. As it bites, the orb will rise and fall a bit. The trick is to wait until the lure completely sinks below the water and when it does you're going to want to act fast by either clicking on the spell icon again, or pressing the Space bar to catch that fish!

If you succeed and catch the fish, you'll see the name and size. Small Fries are the tiniest ones, while Whoppers are the biggest.

Fish are stored in your Fish Basket. The Angler's Tome displays a record of all the fish you've ever caught.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
Just an idea maybe you can turn the fish you catch into pet snacks (by crafting or something). The bigger the fish the more increase in stats your pets get.

-Jack

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
Jack RubyBringer on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Just an idea maybe you can turn the fish you catch into pet snacks (by crafting or something). The bigger the fish the more increase in stats your pets get.

-Jack
I think this is a great idea! I'd love to be able to do this. Good idea ^-^

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Woah... I haven't been on Wizard101 in years it feels like but this is an excuse to get on :P

-Molly level 90 balance

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Jack RubyBringer on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:

-Jack
...Or maybe you could hand them over to the pelican guy (forgot his name), and he hands you a pet snack that has the name of the fish at the top for the name, the actual fish for the picture, and as you said, the bigger the fish the more stats! =D

-Nathaniel Redflame, level 56 Pyromancer

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I know what fishing is but does it benefit your wizard? Does it give you statistics, healing, help in duels, anything?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
Survivor
Jun 27, 2014
rp50000 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I can't find you tell me ware in the comens rp ehes .
Well first of all, I'm only on the Test Realm right now.

Secondly, I'm a pelican, so I really like to stay near the water.

And finally, I'm between the Rainbow Bridge and Zeke, right along the shore of the lake.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2013
Finally and update thats fun not that the other ones are fun i just dont like them that much like why cant magic be a normal school all you have to do is make some more space for a school and there

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
Great!
I've requested this a few times. I'm happy to see it's coming.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Great update! I am loving this activity.

Also, I want to give kudos to Akiramay who back in 2010 posted the idea of fishing on the message boards in the Dorms section -- a lot of us thought it was a great idea and I am so glad to see KI did too!

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
In my personal opinion, I was planning on crafting some of the teleport tapestries and have been gathering the reagents and ingredients to craft some of them.

Suddenly my project is halted because now they all require fish in order to craft.
While the idea of fishing seems pretty entertaining, suddenly changing the recipes just because you introduce
a new game element is not right.

There are plenty of issues in the game that you still fail to fix or change, but you suddenly change the recipes
of teleport tapestries? Something is wrong with this picture.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I just have a thought about fishing I was wondering if you could maybe but like boats for one or two people to fish in to make it most exciting and interesting! I thought about it today and was wondering if you could do you thanks!
-JelliBeans603

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Corathus on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
In my personal opinion, I was planning on crafting some of the teleport tapestries and have been gathering the reagents and ingredients to craft some of them.

Suddenly my project is halted because now they all require fish in order to craft.
While the idea of fishing seems pretty entertaining, suddenly changing the recipes just because you introduce
a new game element is not right.

There are plenty of issues in the game that you still fail to fix or change, but you suddenly change the recipes
of teleport tapestries? Something is wrong with this picture.
I could see why you are mad but the fishing ideas was great! But I do agree with you that there still needs fixes!
-JelliBeans603

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
rp50000 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I can't find you tell me ware in the comens rp ehes .
he is by the water fountain in the commons!
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
May 27, 2010
Though I do like the fishing element added to the game, I do not like that it uses my energy, even when I do not catch the fish. Pet training, gardening and now fishing all use energy. I feel like this is just a way for me to spend money on buying energy elixr Maybe it would be more worth my while if the treasure chests contain items that are equivalent to the rank of my wizard. I hope you reconsider the use of energy for fishing, or at least upgrade our level of energy.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Will there be a game setting where you could hide the fishing icon because it kind of bothers me. That would be great if you made one.ty

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Suri SoulHunter on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Though I do like the fishing element added to the game, I do not like that it uses my energy, even when I do not catch the fish. Pet training, gardening and now fishing all use energy. I feel like this is just a way for me to spend money on buying energy elixr Maybe it would be more worth my while if the treasure chests contain items that are equivalent to the rank of my wizard. I hope you reconsider the use of energy for fishing, or at least upgrade our level of energy.
I can see why you are mad. I also would like to say something about when you don't catch a fish if you guys could change so that we don't use our energy when we don't catch a fish please? It is just a thought
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Hello everyone , Wizard101 is a very well planned game. I have no doubt that (like previous updates) that this one will have exciting things added in no time Great job Kingisle you've done it again!

I also think that with the boosted base energy update using energy on fishing will not be a problem. Thank you a bunch Now I have to go everyone, gone fishing

-Blaine Swifthunter (level 50)

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Best update in a long time guys. I love it The only thing that i dont like is that it takes energy even though you dont catch the fish took me a moment to figuer that out. Was like where is it all going then i saw it. is it suposed to do that?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2014
Survivor
Feb 27, 2014
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I love Fishing But, it does take lots of pet energy. I have an idea have three orbs of energy one for
pet building up, another for gardening, and last one for fishing. that way we can switch from energy
orbs. or make a game where a person can earn more energy for their pets.

Thanks for you time.

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
I just have a thought about the housing and fishing. Maybe you guys could update w101 or something like that and out in a fishing shack to have all of your fishing stuff in and also I know this is a little too far but have a mount has a too person mount. and have the mount be a truck pulling a fishing boat. Also I know this is more about fishing but kind of about housing too in a way! So it was just a thought.
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
Does anyone know how to move the fish from your fishing basket to the aquariums you get in the crown shop? I bought a three pack and put it in my home but I cant figure out how to move the fish from my basket to the aquariums.