Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop blaming your school

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
I have been playing on my lvl 40 warlord life wiz and I was doing pvp I beat a ice guy without using tc then he started to blame his school because he lost. I have fought a lot of ice wizards and a lot of them were a pain to beat because they would use tower shield or that ice armor spell but this guy was just attacking with tc he never put any blades or traps on me and I guess he thought a frost giant could one hit me. It probably could have if he bothered to use blades and traps. But in the end I ended up one hitting him with a centaur cause he was to busy passing to get pips or discarding to get more tc while I was preparing. So stop blaming your school because you lost and start strategizing. Might I add that this guy was a pvp captain so I was at least expecting a challenge nope just another tc spammer. And just so you know I don't use tc often I can one hit with my centaur plus tc Is a waste of gold when you can easily one hit with one of your own spells if you add enough blades and traps.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ricochety on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
I have been playing on my lvl 40 warlord life wiz and I was doing pvp I beat a ice guy without using tc then he started to blame his school because he lost. I have fought a lot of ice wizards and a lot of them were a pain to beat because they would use tower shield or that ice armor spell but this guy was just attacking with tc he never put any blades or traps on me and I guess he thought a frost giant could one hit me. It probably could have if he bothered to use blades and traps. But in the end I ended up one hitting him with a centaur cause he was to busy passing to get pips or discarding to get more tc while I was preparing. So stop blaming your school because you lost and start strategizing. Might I add that this guy was a pvp captain so I was at least expecting a challenge nope just another tc spammer. And just so you know I don't use tc often I can one hit with my centaur plus tc Is a waste of gold when you can easily one hit with one of your own spells if you add enough blades and traps.
I agree with the general sentiment of this post. Don't blame your school: blame your crappy strategy.

The other day, my magus knight beat a grandmaster ice captain with immunity; instead of thinking, 'oh well, he has immunity, may as well throw the match', I did everything in my power to counter his massive resist.

I noticed quite early on that his strategy was pretty basic: tower/volcanic shield spam, absorb, tower spam, ice armour, repeat. So I used steal ward tc to take his absorbs for myself; then, I got my minion out and had him elf/link the rest of the shields off; I put up infallible, then used immolate (with a fire shield that I stole from him on myself, lol) to get rid of the last absorb and hit him with back-to-back efreets. The first one didn't kill him; the second one did.

That said, I am all for tc use in pvp.

I'm a magus; my opponents are grandmasters, and their decks are twice the size of mine. TC help to even the playing field against ridiculously-overleveled opponents with critical and massive resist.

I have a storm mastery that one of my senior wizards won from waterworks, but I never use it (or storm tc) in pvp. It's expected.

I probably keep more cards in my deck than your average wizard; not so much that I can't find what I need, but not a skeleton deck either. Better to have too much than not enough.

-von

Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
They should stop blameing there school and blame themself for not having a good strategy if it not working switch your deck up

Survivor
May 25, 2010
I totally agree. BUT, your situation would had been different, if you went against a myth student.
same lvl, but has an earthquake tc, cleanse ward and shatter.
he would had put on some blades for himself and traps, and if he went first, an earthquake would had been his triumph card. not only he could be doing a huge amount of damage, but also removing all your blades.
then your centaur might not have done a OHKO.

this was regarding of you saying 'tc is a waste of gold'. It depends on how you use it.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
StormyValdy on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree. BUT, your situation would had been different, if you went against a myth student.
same lvl, but has an earthquake tc, cleanse ward and shatter.
he would had put on some blades for himself and traps, and if he went first, an earthquake would had been his triumph card. not only he could be doing a huge amount of damage, but also removing all your blades.
then your centaur might not have done a OHKO.

this was regarding of you saying 'tc is a waste of gold'. It depends on how you use it.
Actually he did go first and I am glad he didn't have earthquake it would have made that battle a lot harder

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Dr Von on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I agree with the general sentiment of this post. Don't blame your school: blame your crappy strategy.

The other day, my magus knight beat a grandmaster ice captain with immunity; instead of thinking, 'oh well, he has immunity, may as well throw the match', I did everything in my power to counter his massive resist.

I noticed quite early on that his strategy was pretty basic: tower/volcanic shield spam, absorb, tower spam, ice armour, repeat. So I used steal ward tc to take his absorbs for myself; then, I got my minion out and had him elf/link the rest of the shields off; I put up infallible, then used immolate (with a fire shield that I stole from him on myself, lol) to get rid of the last absorb and hit him with back-to-back efreets. The first one didn't kill him; the second one did.

That said, I am all for tc use in pvp.

I'm a magus; my opponents are grandmasters, and their decks are twice the size of mine. TC help to even the playing field against ridiculously-overleveled opponents with critical and massive resist.

I have a storm mastery that one of my senior wizards won from waterworks, but I never use it (or storm tc) in pvp. It's expected.

I probably keep more cards in my deck than your average wizard; not so much that I can't find what I need, but not a skeleton deck either. Better to have too much than not enough.

-von
I do use tc against very high level opponents but I am always running into sgts who I don't waste a good treasure card on unlike a lot of warlords in pvp who don't know how to win without tc. So I am not against tc it just bugs me when I go up against a person of my level who constantly use tc.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
People blame their school because later on they realize they either don't have as much life as they wanted, how much defense, healing or power and when they loose pvp they want to switch schools and stuff. My school is and my wizard stinks at pvp and is rank private but somehow she has 634 arena tickets and she is a level 82 and I only won 35 and lost 45.