Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

CL too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Ok so I am level 53 (almost 54) wizard and I am in the floating lands. But there is a problem. I cant defeat any thing without help! The only creatures in CL that I can defeat solo are:

All wandering creatures in survey camp
Voltic eels and wing fish in grotto
All wandering enemies in district of the stars

Anything else that is not on the list I need help with. When I did the Stellarium I got a level 79 hero of zafaria friend and he is very helpful. But when my friends are offline I cant do my main quests or some of my side quests. Can someone please tell me why CL is so hard? Am I under leveled? Please tell me!
Richard Level 53

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
The huge difficulty increase from dragonspyre to celestia is a shock isn't it? I would suggest doing Wysteria and Grizzleheim for a level or two and doing Wintertusk up to Sudrilund for your level 55 spell. Good luck!
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master
Saffron Sandsword (deleted)
Transcendent

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Dear swashguy,

No, you aren't under level. You have to be +50 to be in Celestia. I have a friend who's also working in the Floating Lands (last time I checked) and he still had a little trouble - and he's level 56! But he kept on trying and he beat the bosses he faced. I think CL is difficult because it's trying to prepare you for the next places and foes in the game (or something along those lines). Here's some tips:
  1. If you have a friend in REAL LIFE who also plays the game, try and get to be at around the same level as the other. Level them up until they can help you; that's what we did.
  2. Go back and do as many quests as you possibly can in the other worlds you've done, like WC, KT, MB, MS, DS, and GH/WT and WS if you've done them. If you have finished up the worlds then keep leveling up.
  3. Start a new character, just for fun. Then, when you're friends aren't online, you have something else to do. This does NOT have to be a new "Main Wizard," just something to work on when people aren't there.
  4. Battle the things you can, but make the battles long. You get 3XP for every spell you use, plus three more for every pip. (Satyr would give me 12XP because it costs 4 pips, and 3x4=12. A 0 pip spell would also give you 3XP).
Note: Some quests like the Grandmaster tower in WC and the Waterworks dungeon are LEVEL LOCKED (50 and 60). I think the Tower of the Helephant in WS is also level locked.

Hope this helped.
-Tara Lifewalker, level 46

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Moontailia on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Dear swashguy,

No, you aren't under level. You have to be +50 to be in Celestia. I have a friend who's also working in the Floating Lands (last time I checked) and he still had a little trouble - and he's level 56! But he kept on trying and he beat the bosses he faced. I think CL is difficult because it's trying to prepare you for the next places and foes in the game (or something along those lines). Here's some tips:
  1. If you have a friend in REAL LIFE who also plays the game, try and get to be at around the same level as the other. Level them up until they can help you; that's what we did.
  2. Go back and do as many quests as you possibly can in the other worlds you've done, like WC, KT, MB, MS, DS, and GH/WT and WS if you've done them. If you have finished up the worlds then keep leveling up.
  3. Start a new character, just for fun. Then, when you're friends aren't online, you have something else to do. This does NOT have to be a new "Main Wizard," just something to work on when people aren't there.
  4. Battle the things you can, but make the battles long. You get 3XP for every spell you use, plus three more for every pip. (Satyr would give me 12XP because it costs 4 pips, and 3x4=12. A 0 pip spell would also give you 3XP).
Note: Some quests like the Grandmaster tower in WC and the Waterworks dungeon are LEVEL LOCKED (50 and 60). I think the Tower of the Helephant in WS is also level locked.

Hope this helped.
-Tara Lifewalker, level 46
You do not have to be level 50 anymore... huge mistake on the part of KI, I think, since so many struggle at this level.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
swashguy on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Ok so I am level 53 (almost 54) wizard and I am in the floating lands. But there is a problem. I cant defeat any thing without help! The only creatures in CL that I can defeat solo are:

Anything else that is not on the list I need help with. When I did the Stellarium I got a level 79 hero of zafaria friend and he is very helpful. But when my friends are offline I cant do my main quests or some of my side quests. Can someone please tell me why CL is so hard? Am I under leveled? Please tell me!
Richard Level 53
Make three changes:

My friend is level 80
Add junglethorns to the list of creatures in CL I can solo (they are so easy)
I am level 54
Richard Level 58

Defender
May 23, 2009
Celestia has some touchy creatures. If you solo, what my storm likes to do, is avoid running into two creatures at the same time. He tries to run into one first, get a charm, ward, or hopefully an attack in before another joins.
Personally, I prefer to start Wintertusk either at level 56 or 58. Level 56 if decided to use crafted Wintertusk gear ; level 58 to learn Gargantuan (in the Floating Land, CL ) before Colossal (in drum jungle, ZF.) Starting Wintertusk at either of these levels will surely get you to at least Level 60, which will open up Waterworks. You can then decide to farm for WW gear before resuming Celestia. The crafted Wintertusk gear is strong enough until you reach Avalon if you decide to bypass farming in Waterworks. It is possible to complete Wintertusk (solo) at CL level in 3 - 4 hours in one day, excluding Nastrond.

Grace Skullshade, Level 100 Exalted
Mycin Skullshade, Level 97 Promethean
Destiny Skullshade, Level 90 Promethean
Jose Skullshade (in CL), Level 61 Legendary
Valerian Skullshade, Level 15, Journeyman

Deleted:
Grace Skullshade 2009 -2012 R.I.P.
Jack Skullshade 2013-2014 R.I.P.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010

Richard Level 53
I am an Ice wizard myself and i too needed a lot of help. Here is a few tips:
  • Get a lot of tower shields in your deck. When one get used in battle, replace it as soon as possible.
  • Get more different versions of ice blade and elemental blade spells, meaning regular card, treasure card, pet spell, gear spell. This means you can stack up more blades against an attack.
  • Get resist gear. When you get to level 58, get Celestian snow smock, it gives good damage and resist. My point is, resist is good. I am level 80 and i am still using that exact robe.
  • When you get to level 60, do Waterworks RIGHT AWAY! It gives amazing gear.
Well good luck in Celestia.

Alex Silverstone, level 80 Ice

Because you know you love towershield.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
TPG Miserie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Celestia has some touchy creatures. If you solo, what my storm likes to do, is avoid running into two creatures at the same time. He tries to run into one first, get a charm, ward, or hopefully an attack in before another joins.
Personally, I prefer to start Wintertusk either at level 56 or 58. Level 56 if decided to use crafted Wintertusk gear ; level 58 to learn Gargantuan (in the Floating Land, CL ) before Colossal (in drum jungle, ZF.) Starting Wintertusk at either of these levels will surely get you to at least Level 60, which will open up Waterworks. You can then decide to farm for WW gear before resuming Celestia. The crafted Wintertusk gear is strong enough until you reach Avalon if you decide to bypass farming in Waterworks. It is possible to complete Wintertusk (solo) at CL level in 3 - 4 hours in one day, excluding Nastrond.

Grace Skullshade, Level 100 Exalted
Mycin Skullshade, Level 97 Promethean
Destiny Skullshade, Level 90 Promethean
Jose Skullshade (in CL), Level 61 Legendary
Valerian Skullshade, Level 15, Journeyman

Deleted:
Grace Skullshade 2009 -2012 R.I.P.
Jack Skullshade 2013-2014 R.I.P.
one problem with the crafting is that I don't craft that much and i'm still on mooshu crafting quest. I will probably do it though to follow your advise.
Richard level 54

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
Make three changes:

My friend is level 80
Add junglethorns to the list of creatures in CL I can solo (they are so easy)
I am level 54
Richard Level 58
sorry hit wrong number key I am level 54.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
wow I am now in stormriven and the enemies have had a massive difficulty decrease since the floating land.
Richard level 54

Delver
Mar 17, 2011

Richard Level 53
for me cl was easy it just some bosses couldn't be beaten on my own here a trick i yous i spam blizzra with charm and blades and they die most of the time if there not a boss for the boss just stack on blades and traps and you you blocks man you ice with you resistance and block you are like a tank i mean i ice get there heath down to 500 or 300 and steel kills it thats why were the tank class man :P also for any other players having a hard times here a few tips
tip 1 if you do all side quest you get to bigger level quicker
tip 2 make sure to get a good pet at a low level and start leveling it everyday so you can get a really good one
tip 3 if you looking for stone blocks dragon spy best one and going to more then one realm works
tip 4 pick up all craft stuff you may need it later
tip 6 just doing main quest may get you to worlds faster but sometimes not always at a good level for the game
tip 7 get a team you going need it once you get past cl teams make it go faster and make it more fun also make it easier for all also there no one player that can solo all the game it to hard to do so if they say they did they lie
tip 8 planets give you stuff to sell or rare tc that is yous for craft depending on the plant
tip 10 craft gear is better then the normal gear sometimes
last tip 11always for a really hard cheating boss make sure everybody knows the rules
tip 12 make sure you always have the best gear for you level

level 100
level 43
level 15

Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
I struggled with Celestia too, and i'm still in it. What I did was beat Grizzleheim, Wysteria, and Wintertusk and now i'm a lvl. 66! Wintertusk is very helpful for leveling up if you're in Celestia, so if you haven't already try to complete Grizzleheim ASAP; at least do the story line quests. then, if you've done all that / struggled with those too, do all the easiest side quests you have. The side quests may not give much experience due to easiness, but let it stack up and you'll be getting stronger in no time!

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Do extra side quests throughout the spiral. Those usually level you up getting more training points. Shop for better gear at the Bazar see if anything will help you in battle. Also remember to buy treasure cards like shields so whenever you have the chance to draw a card you can use shields. And ask your friends for help, also some strangers are willing to help . And even pets can make a difference in battle. Check on those and I am sure you will battle like the pro you can be. Hope this helped :3

Elizabeth level 63

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
RavenLady777 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
You do not have to be level 50 anymore... huge mistake on the part of KI, I think, since so many struggle at this level.
Really? They changed it? I had no idea. I just became level 50 last night.

Like I said before, though. My friend is working in the floating lands, and he's still having trouble. He had a lot more trouble when he started the world in the first place, though. Thanks for the update. I'm still in the Crystal Grove, though, so most of this is coming from his experiences. Almost there!

Swashguy:
Ice is a good solo school because they can take a lot of damage and have Tower Shield. But, (Don't hate me, please, anyone) Ice doesn't have the strongest attacks ever. Make sure you have good amps (Elemental Blade and Trap, Ice Blade, Ice Trap, and from pets there can be other Ice Blades, Blade-storm, and Dragon-blade) and Enchantments for damage boosters and accuracy boosters.

Hope this helped, my apologies if not.

Sincerely,
-Tara Lifewalker, level 50