Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top Max Level School

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Okay, so let's do the math here without looking at the leaderboards and decide what's the best school in top level PvP:
Fire:
Pros: Great shield breaking minion minion, easy blade stacking, good X rank attack, good combo spells, has good resist, has relatively high critical, removes shields efficiently, changes bubbles efficiently
Cons - Lacks a lot of accuracy from Hades gear, but it can be put back up with the new level 94 robe, and most hits can be Triage'd off easily. Mostly needs Life Mastery to heal, making them incapable of using a stat or spell giving amulet.
Ice:
Offensive pros: High health, high damage, high power pip chance, has good DoT's, has a good minion, efficient bubble changer, easy blade stacking, amazing blades, good combos.
Offensive cons: Low resist, low accuracy, needs Life Mastery to survive.
Defensive pros: High health, high resist, high accuracy, high heal boost usually, has good DoT's, good minion, efficient bubble changer, easily blade stacking, amazing blades, good combos.
Defensive cons: Low damage, low power pip chance. Needs Life Mastery to be good.
Storm:
Pros: Easy spamming, high damage, high critical, high accuracy, high power pip chance.
Cons: Hard to survive with, low resist, low block, low assurity of dealing good damage/heals.
Myth:
Pros: Great minions, good health, good damage, good resist, good critical, good power pip chance, good accuracy, great combos, great after effects, easy blade stacking and good blades, and easy shield removers.
Cons: Needs Life Mastery to survive.
Life:
Pros: Good health, decent damage, good resist, criticals heals, good critical, excellent accuracy, great blades, good minion, good spells, easy blade stacking and good blades.
Cons: Often not very powerful, often needs a Myth or stat giving amulet to survive, no efficient bubble changer.
Death:
Pros: Decent health, high damage, good resist, good power pip chance, drains, good accuracy, good critical, good DoT's, good after effects, good blades, removes shields efficiently, closes opponent's health easily,
Cons: Hard to play in general, no safe bubble changer, no rapid heals. Usually relies on a Balance Mastery to do good.
Balance:
Pros: Good minion, good health, good resist damage block and critical, amazing combo spells, takes control of matches easily, quick Reshuffle, criticals heals often, good accuracy, fair amount of shields.
Cons: Can't blade stack, no efficient bubble changer, no efficient shield remover, and no good blades. Often needs Life Mastery to heal rapidly .

So, at top level PvP, what do you think is the best school? In my opinion, I think it's tied between Fire, Balance, and Myth, depending on who goes first and on their skill level.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I'd have to give it to Balance or Fire as well. I don't think Ice and Myth are far behind, though.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
PvP King on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so let's do the math here without looking at the leaderboards and decide what's the best school in top level PvP:
Fire:
Pros: Great shield breaking minion minion, easy blade stacking, good X rank attack, good combo spells, has good resist, has relatively high critical, removes shields efficiently, changes bubbles efficiently
Cons - Lacks a lot of accuracy from Hades gear, but it can be put back up with the new level 94 robe, and most hits can be Triage'd off easily. Mostly needs Life Mastery to heal, making them incapable of using a stat or spell giving amulet.
Ice:
Offensive pros: High health, high damage, high power pip chance, has good DoT's, has a good minion, efficient bubble changer, easy blade stacking, amazing blades, good combos.
Defensive pros: High health, high resist, high accuracy, high heal boost usually, has good DoT's, good minion, efficient bubble changer, easily blade stacking, amazing blades, good combos.
Defensive cons: Low damage, low power pip chance. Needs Life Mastery to be good.
Storm:
Pros: Easy spamming, high damage, high critical, high accuracy, high power pip chance.
Cons: Hard to survive with, low resist, low block, low assurity of dealing good damage/heals.
Myth:
Pros: Great minions, good health, good damage, good resist, good critical, good power pip chance, good accuracy, great combos, great after effects, easy blade stacking and good blades, and easy shield removers.
Life:
Pros: Good health, decent damage, good resist, criticals heals, good critical, excellent accuracy, great blades, good minion, good spells, easy blade stacking and good blades.
Cons: Often not very powerful, often needs a Myth or stat giving amulet to survive, no efficient bubble changer.
Death:
Pros: Decent health, high damage, good resist, good power pip chance, drains, good accuracy, good critical, good DoT's, good after effects, good blades, removes shields efficiently, closes opponent's health easily,
Cons: Hard to play in general, no safe bubble changer, no rapid heals. Usually relies on a Balance Mastery to do good.
Balance:
Pros: Good minion, good health, good resist damage block and critical, amazing combo spells, takes control of matches easily, quick Reshuffle, criticals heals often, good accuracy, fair amount of shields.
Cons: Can't blade stack, no efficient bubble changer, no efficient shield remover, and no good blades. Often needs Life Mastery to heal rapidly .

So, at top level PvP, what do you think is the best school? In my opinion, I think it's tied between Fire, Balance, and Myth, depending on who goes first and on their skill level.
Based on the leaderboards alone, definitely balance. Based on most pvp strategies and players, I would still say balance, although I would have to say that ice and myth would be close behind. Balance, of course, gets loremaster, supernova, and mana burn, throwing normal strategies out the window and being hard to defeat. Ice, when played aggressively, can be very dangerous, as decent (At most around 40%) resist can still be achieved with high damage, and as you said, it can remove shields and blade stack easily. Winter moon allows for deadly combos, as well. Myth, if stun shields didn't counter it so well, I'd put it as tied for the top. Double hit spells, basilisk, medusa, shift, and its king artorius make it deadly. I would have to disagree about fire as a top school. Many schools have high resist to fire (Ice, storm, fire, and balance most often), fire is not really the second most damaging school anymore, it doesn't have many solid mid-pip hits, and most of its high pip spells are not DoTs (Phoenix, helephant, efreet, sun serpent, king artorius). Sure, heckhound, rain of fire, or fire dragon could be used, but the first two don't leave many, if any, pips for a combo, and fire dragon does a small amount of damage on its DoT.

Survivor
May 27, 2014
PvP King on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Fire:
Ice:
Storm:
Myth:
Life:
Death:
Balance:

I main myth and you missed a lot of key points. We do have good minions, but minions aren't that great in PvP anymore with high critical, and myth minions can't be used against death wizards at all. Talos will get boosted and a a potential wraith on him can give the enemy more HP back. Myth HP is actually either the second or third lowest in the game, with hades gear, we barely have more than storm and fire. Our resist with the gear is actually relatively low as well. Nothing near ice or balance for certain. We get around 270 critical which is decent for PvP, anybody but storm will be carrying a wand with very high block though so 270 critical doesn't really have that much of an effect. Power pip chance with hades gear is actually really solid, full hades gear gives around 90% which is much needed for our moves. The accuracy is unreliable at best and seems to fizzle at the worst possible times, I'm fully geared out, 86% accuracy and I still fizzle 2-3 times a match. Myth however, has the best combos in the game, if people don't pack stun shields, I will medusa one turn, break with a regular stun, then medusa again. 4 turns unable to do anything is massive and I take full advantage of the deadly combo. Blades are easy to maintain as you said, couldn't agree more, even though with our low base damage, they should be 40% and not 35%. Myth is a control class but doesn't come close to balance in doing so. Level 95 and up is dominated by 2 classes in the game. Storm and Balance, these make up 60% of the higher level population in PvP, the other 40% is around the other remaining classes. Myth has good gimmicks, but against a good player, who comes prepared with stun shields and triage, we just don't have the damage to compete with the other classes, not to mention we still don't have a hit all ability that is worthwhile. Frog/Quake aren't that good in 1v1 or 2v2, mainly because the damage is very low, and people really don't need blades anymore to do damage. Enchant + Attack Card + High Critical = Good results. Balance, Storm, Ice are the most dominant in PvP as of right now. It won't change any time soon unless the other classes get some love.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
Um, how do you change bubbles efficiently. Some of this stuff is irrational.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
2019amisany on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
Um, how do you change bubbles efficiently. Some of this stuff is irrational.
By that I mean having a 2 pip bubble changer that gives you an advantage instead of giving both an advantage.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
PvP King on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
By that I mean having a 2 pip bubble changer that gives you an advantage instead of giving both an advantage.
The only schools which do not have that are balance, death and life

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
2019amisany on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
The only schools which do not have that are balance, death and life
Yes, and that's what I said. Fire and Myth are one of the best top level schools in PvP because they have easy shield removers and very efficient global spells (Wyldfire and Time of Legend).