Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conflicting lvl 98 pet information.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hello fellow Wizards,
I'm hoping someone may be able to resolve the confusion I'm experiencing with the lvl 98 pet talents.
My storm wizard has just begun training his Deep Leviathan which is now at adult.
At the Duelist.com site I was happy to see a screen shot of the new pet at Epic with the captions
MC Fairy, MC Pierce.
Fantastic I thought, a heal spell just like my Triton (which I am still using) and a chance to cast pierce which always comes in handy.
My problem is when I checked out the new pet talents at Wizard 101 Wiki, these talents didn't exist, in fact all schools had pets that had a school related spear (stormspear, icespear etc) as well as THREE selfish talents,
Rugged, Canny and Steadfast.
I'm now totally confused as to wether the Leviathan will actually develop a heal talent as none of the other pets seem to have one although I think Dryad may have sprite swarm.
I would love to hear from any storm wizards who have trained their new pet to Epic or beyond especially anyone who has definitely gained MC Fairy.
I would also like to hear from other school pet owners to see if they have developed any MC spells in their pet.
Thank you to everyone who replies
Michael Stormhammer lvl 98

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
None of the school pets learn MC healing other than Spritely, but the newest don't learn healing spells. You saw people testing out pet hatches in test realm looking for hybrids.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
The picture on Duelist is of a hatched pet, probably from test realm. The first generation Deep Leviathan pet does not have may cast Fairy or may cast Pierce in its talent pool.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Enlightened One on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Hello fellow Wizards,
I'm hoping someone may be able to resolve the confusion I'm experiencing with the lvl 98 pet talents.
My storm wizard has just begun training his Deep Leviathan which is now at adult.
At the Duelist.com site I was happy to see a screen shot of the new pet at Epic with the captions
MC Fairy, MC Pierce.
Fantastic I thought, a heal spell just like my Triton (which I am still using) and a chance to cast pierce which always comes in handy.
My problem is when I checked out the new pet talents at Wizard 101 Wiki, these talents didn't exist, in fact all schools had pets that had a school related spear (stormspear, icespear etc) as well as THREE selfish talents,
Rugged, Canny and Steadfast.
I'm now totally confused as to wether the Leviathan will actually develop a heal talent as none of the other pets seem to have one although I think Dryad may have sprite swarm.
I would love to hear from any storm wizards who have trained their new pet to Epic or beyond especially anyone who has definitely gained MC Fairy.
I would also like to hear from other school pet owners to see if they have developed any MC spells in their pet.
Thank you to everyone who replies
Michael Stormhammer lvl 98
Wizard Central (wiki) is rarely incorrect. They only post when the talent appears for one of the members.
However, if you will notice, two spots are empty, as in no one has trained and gotten those spots yet. One is Ultra-rare. My guess is that is where the may cast talent lies...

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Deep_Leviathan

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Gemma Luna on May 12, 2014 wrote:
The picture on Duelist is of a hatched pet, probably from test realm. The first generation Deep Leviathan pet does not have may cast Fairy or may cast Pierce in its talent pool.
Thanks Gemma Luna
It didn't even occur to me that pet talents in test would differ from those in live. I had always assumed that this was one thing that never changed.
Now that I know Wilki is correct (and I have always relied on their wonderful service before) I am wondering has anyone hatched their lvl98 pet with some other lvl/school pet to gain a healing trait and is it even possible?
Thanks everyone for your valuable imput.
Michael Stormhammer

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Enlightened One on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Gemma Luna
It didn't even occur to me that pet talents in test would differ from those in live. I had always assumed that this was one thing that never changed.
Now that I know Wilki is correct (and I have always relied on their wonderful service before) I am wondering has anyone hatched their lvl98 pet with some other lvl/school pet to gain a healing trait and is it even possible?
Thanks everyone for your valuable imput.
Michael Stormhammer
Many have hatched their L98 pet with other school pets. I'm not sure if you are referring to hatching with other L98 school pets, or other school-specific pets, or regular pets with school talents.

Most of my pets already have all 10 talents I want, so it was easy to hatch my first gen Lord of Winter with them. My standard set of talents in the gene pool include Sprite, Fairy, Healing Current, and Unicorn, which have transferred to my Lord of Winter after a few hatches.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
No pet is perfect when ya first get it. Hatching is necessary. Once I got a storm demon with 4, count 'em, 4 selfish talents in a row. In short, he was really good at doing nothing. Considering you have a high level pet like that? Hatch it with something that has talents you like. Don't nerf it like I did to the storm demon. Wanted to show it off last week cause I knew nobody would believe it got 4 DQ talents in a row.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Many have hatched their L98 pet with other school pets. I'm not sure if you are referring to hatching with other L98 school pets, or other school-specific pets, or regular pets with school talents.

Most of my pets already have all 10 talents I want, so it was easy to hatch my first gen Lord of Winter with them. My standard set of talents in the gene pool include Sprite, Fairy, Healing Current, and Unicorn, which have transferred to my Lord of Winter after a few hatches.
Thanks BrynnerOfReign.
Yes you are right, I was refering to hatching lvl 98 pets with other non school specific pets such as sea dragon, starfish etc.
I'm pleased to know that I might be able to get spritely if I hatch with lets say my triton.
Your Lord Of Winter hatch sounds awesome. I generally happy with Deep Leviathan's skill set and if I can get a healing talent from a hatch I will be extremly happy.
Michael Stormhammer lvl98