Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Human?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
My question and suggestion is why when becoming a wizard at the very beginning are we cast as a human? With so many worlds in the spiral, and teachers from different worlds, why are we cast as human? It would seem with so many worlds in the spiral and entrance into Wizard City, other wizard students would enter the schools at Ravenwood. It would be interesting to choose a race when first joining other than human. There plenty of humanoid wizards throughout our journey in the spiral.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Talon Dragonblood on May 10, 2014 wrote:
My question and suggestion is why when becoming a wizard at the very beginning are we cast as a human? With so many worlds in the spiral, and teachers from different worlds, why are we cast as human? It would seem with so many worlds in the spiral and entrance into Wizard City, other wizard students would enter the schools at Ravenwood. It would be interesting to choose a race when first joining other than human. There plenty of humanoid wizards throughout our journey in the spiral.
Because we are humans playing the game. It's easier, especially for younger children, to identify with what they know. Later on you can morph...

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
If I had the choice, here are the six characters that would appear on my load-up screen:
  1. Wysteria Pig Wizard
  2. Goat Monk Wizard
  3. Human Wizard
  4. Cat Wizard
  5. Cat Wizard
  6. Cat Wizard

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Lucas Rain on May 12, 2014 wrote:
If I had the choice, here are the six characters that would appear on my load-up screen:
  1. Wysteria Pig Wizard
  2. Goat Monk Wizard
  3. Human Wizard
  4. Cat Wizard
  5. Cat Wizard
  6. Cat Wizard
:) cats rule.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Talon Dragonblood on May 10, 2014 wrote:
I believe that KI is operating on the assumption that, in general, we players are human. If you are not human, Kudos for managing to play this game.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Abigail Dragondrea... on May 15, 2014 wrote:
:) cats rule.
agree