Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wintertusk lvl 56 or 60 waterworks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 05, 2012
i am confuesd is the waterworks better or wintertusk

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For the most part Waterworks is slightly better. Wintertusk gear takes no real effort to craft and is almost as good. I skipped even trying for Waterworks gear on my last couple wizards. I crafted Wintertusk and used that combined with Avalon/Azteca gear until I reached 90th level and got Hades gear for them. Waterworks takes about twice as long as Tartarus, so I stopped doing it since the gear isn't really worth the small improvement.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
neonxgaming on May 7, 2014 wrote:
i am confuesd is the waterworks better or wintertusk
Better for what?
Wintertusk will gain you a new spell and pet (if you have done the prequests), Waterworks MAY gain you gear with great stats.
Do Wintertusk now and Waterworks after... you level up very quickly in Wintertusk.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
waterworks gear is slightly better, they are almost exact.
If you don't wanna spend time farming waterworks, go for the wintertusk gear.

-The RavenCatcher

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Actually, the Wintertusk gear has better overall stats, especially in regards to the cards you get with the gear. Don't get me wrong, Waterworks is great gear, but the only real different is that WW gear has better resist, which is essential for higher levels and worlds.

Either one will do just fine. You can even mix and match them, along with mixing other crafted/dropped/crown gear as well to come up with an awesome wizard.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Your question makes absolutely no sense. Please be clearer.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Both are very good. Waterworks gives bit more resist. Wintertusk crafted has useful cards. Most stats are very close. I always play through Wintertusk after DS (it's fun and gives great exp) and craft the 56 gear right away. I like waterworks, so I usually farm that gear too, but having the 56 takes the pressure off. The crafted hats can be handy for the blade even if you have WW.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
On my level 68 death I choose to wear WT hat with WW robe and boots. I give up the resist for the blade. Mix that with my double resist armament, I'm a fairly powerful wiz.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Destiny Winter on May 8, 2014 wrote:
On my level 68 death I choose to wear WT hat with WW robe and boots. I give up the resist for the blade. Mix that with my double resist armament, I'm a fairly powerful wiz.
This, in my opinion, is the best gear you can have between levels 60 through 70. Add a Garnet Bear Claw athame, the school-specific ring of battle, and a LifeForce Blade or Sky Iron Hasta and you'll be set!