Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do I need to hatch a pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Hi All,

I have a Sea Dragon with Spell-Proof, Pain Giver, Sharp Shot, Pierce Train, and Spritely.

Do I even need to hatch? These talents seem to be the best for PvP, so is it worth hatching or did I just get really lucky on my first pet?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's a great starter pet. If you are happy with it, you can stop there. You could also work on trying for better stats and adding other talents like Defy or Fairy or specific damage/critical talents. It really all depends on you and what you want in a pet and also if you want only one good pet.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Seems like you got yourself a fairly solid pet.

What I would recommend is use this pet as a "skeleton pet" though for hatching with other pets.

This way, you can go for double damage, or double resist, or basically anything else you desire in a pet since it can be hatched with a pet of any school to create the potential for many pets. (This is just assuming you plan on making other wizards eventually) Try it out, see how you like it, if you feel you need more resist, hatch with someone whose pet has spell defy. If you want more damage, hatch with a pet that has damage to your school. You'll figure it out based on your needs when in battle.

John RavenCatcher - lvl100
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl58
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Historian
May 15, 2009
well it all really depends on what you want.

if you want pets for a specific wizard or a specific situation then I guess you could train a pet according to what you desire until the talents you want emerge

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I think hatching is optional if you want to. The spells/talents for your sea dragon, I say, is really good for PvP. You don't have to hatch. If you do hatch, you get more spells(example: life spell). Hope this helps!

Lindsey HawkCaster
School:

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Angel Dust on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a Sea Dragon with Spell-Proof, Pain Giver, Sharp Shot, Pierce Train, and Spritely.

Do I even need to hatch? These talents seem to be the best for PvP, so is it worth hatching or did I just get really lucky on my first pet?
Question: what's the pedigree?
Is are there other talents want?

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Thanks for the replies everyone!

@Molly - His pedigree is 72 (36)