Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
I know this is gonna sound weird but I want any Mastery amulet so I can go faux or in pvp.

Plus i'd like a , , , or one for farming since they have low level multi attack spells that i can boost easily and farm fast.

So i've been fighting Luska for days and haven't gotten one. Is there a certain number of times I have to farm him or are they just randomly rare?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They are random and very rare. I have gotten from Luska. So I would bet that is a bit less rare.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Actually KI has accounced that the drop rates are equal, extremely rare, and there is no accumulative function that will increase your odds of getting one (it doesn't matter if you do the boss 1 time or 1,000 times. You have the same percentage every time of getting the drop) some people have gotten rare items on their first try, some farm for it for days to no avail.

In the end it's pure luck. My storm got an exalted balance mastery amulet accidentally while facing the sand squid. Was completely unintentional but i was grateful for it.

-The RavenCatcher

100 955763

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
just as a small question ( but dont say who luska is i want that to be surprise) whats a mastery amulet? i am not hijacking the thread, i do know that they give you a special ability about that school but what is it?

isaac goldheart lvl 23

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Yes, I did get a amulet from Luska once. But it was on my 4th wizard, so I'd already been through about 500 times by that point, if that's any indication.

I wouldn't hold my breath. But good luck anyway!

-von

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Got crowns? You can buy mastery amulets in the crown shop.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
lifedude2002 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
just as a small question ( but dont say who luska is i want that to be surprise) whats a mastery amulet? i am not hijacking the thread, i do know that they give you a special ability about that school but what is it?

isaac goldheart lvl 23
Well to give an example for your school, when you get gold pips, it is worth two pips... but only for your school (life). However, if you have a mastery amulet for a different school, you can use those gold pips for that school.

Example, if you seconded in Balance and got the Balance mastery amulet, then your gold pips would work for Life and Balance, but no other school.

Hope that makes sense.

Seth NightFlame 100
Child of Light and Shadow

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
lifedude2002 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:

isaac goldheart lvl 23
Mastery amulets allow you to use other school's spells with your power pips.

For example, since your , if you have 2 power pips, that equals 4 pips. You could use the spell "Seraph."

If you were wearing a mastery amulet, you could use the rank 4 spell. That being "Kraken"

hope that explained well enough

-The RavenCatcher

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
@sokad and @mello lily

oh that makes sence, so if i have a mastery amulet for , then my power pips could work for death spells, and if i have a mastery amulet, then my normal pips would count for two, that maskes everything clear now.... thank you! see you in the spiral!

isaac goldheart lvl 23 "ninja master"

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012
DanTheTerrible2 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Got crowns? You can buy mastery amulets in the crown shop.
I know that but since they are like 9,000 that's almost 20 dollars

~Emma Lotusthorn 79

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
lifedude2002 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
@sokad and @mello lily

oh that makes sence, so if i have a mastery amulet for , then my power pips could work for death spells, and if i have a mastery amulet, then my normal pips would count for two, that maskes everything clear now.... thank you! see you in the spiral!

Sorry lifedude

But life wizards cannot use life mastery amulets.

Every school cannot use their own schools mastery amulets.. specifically for the reason you said

-The RavenCatcher

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
lifedude2002 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
@sokad and @mello lily

Not exactly. Life students cannot use life amulets. In other words, using amulets of your school is blocked.