Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When is the matchmaking going to be fixed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Hey, when is the patch that is going to fix matchmaking going to come out? If I search for skill-based matches, it literally takes me 45 minutes to get a match. This isn't a fix. Even if I search for skill-based matches, I STILL usually get people 20 levels higher with shrike. Should I just give up on pvp?

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
Noohb on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
Hey, when is the patch that is going to fix matchmaking going to come out? If I search for skill-based matches, it literally takes me 45 minutes to get a match. This isn't a fix. Even if I search for skill-based matches, I STILL usually get people 20 levels higher with shrike. Should I just give up on pvp?
apparently whenever w101 makes a fix, it ends up being a problem somewhere else. example: people wanted ice wizard resist: they made jade gear: people said jade gear had too much resist and we need more armor pierce. they then made shadow magic. i think KI's next fix may improve things.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
thomasnightriver on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
apparently whenever w101 makes a fix, it ends up being a problem somewhere else. example: people wanted ice wizard resist: they made jade gear: people said jade gear had too much resist and we need more armor pierce. they then made shadow magic. i think KI's next fix may improve things.
Sorry I don't think so

Amy lvl 95

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Sorry I don't think so

Amy lvl 95
And why not? When people complained about ice resist, Kingsisle tried to give all players similar resist with jade gear. When people complained about jade gear, Kingsisle tipped the scales in the complete opposite direction and added hades gear, shrike, and now these new bubbles. A good example of what makes ice so underpowered now is the new crafted boots. All other schools get 20% or more damage. Ice gets 7%. (Possibly slightly different on some of the crafted boots.) The crafted robe for ice is hardly better than the avalon crafted robe. The hat is half-decent, but only because it gives quite high critical. Ice used to get great crafted gear, but Kingsisle completely changed how the ice school functioned because of complaints. Eventually, gear and spells will probably go back to being more defensive. I have been playing for a long time, but I have never seen the game to be at least satisfactorily balanced.