Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How does "Ignore" work?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
When I click the button to ignore someone, that person disappears from my friends list. When I try to reverse it by clicking the button to stop ignoring this person, the person disappears from all my lists and I have to start from scratch by re-friending that person. What is the difference between "Remove" and "Ignore"?

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
"ignore" prevents anyone from contacting you. You won't be able to see any messages they post even if they are in the same realm in the same area as you. They cannot send you friend requests, group requests, gifts, or make contact with you in any other way.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl55
John FrostShard - lvl63

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
The difference between ignoring someone and removing someone is if you ignore someone (Please someone correct if I'm wrong ), they cannot send a friend request or any type of request of some sort.
Hope this helped

- Destiny Swiftstalker lvl 72

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Miranda LightSpear on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
When I click the button to ignore someone, that person disappears from my friends list. When I try to reverse it by clicking the button to stop ignoring this person, the person disappears from all my lists and I have to start from scratch by re-friending that person. What is the difference between "Remove" and "Ignore"?
Remove just removes someone from your list. Ignore removes someone from your list AND prevents them from talking to you or contacting you in any way. Ignore is usually used on people who are not in your list who are annoying you in game and won't stop. It's good for beggars and pvp taunters.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks, I was thinking along different lines for that button. Maybe we need a button for the purpose of just hiding from an individual(s) temporarily. There are a couple of players who are really nice and I don't want to hurt their feelings by removing them but as soon as I log in, they are messaging for help. I don't mind helping but don't want to have to hide from everyone because of a few. Ah, the burden of a life wiz.

Miranda 82