Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death solo question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
My school is death and I am having a little trouble doing solo. Not only for the boss mission but the regular mission too. So is there any techniques you guys use to solo with death?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Death123ret on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
My school is death and I am having a little trouble doing solo. Not only for the boss mission but the regular mission too. So is there any techniques you guys use to solo with death?
Celestia can be rough. It's a raised level of difficulty some may not be prepared for. Since you do not say your level do you have all your current spells? Level 48 Scarecrow can be a big help here. Are you shopping the Bazaar for gear up to level 52, 56 then 58. Do you craft? The level 56 Wintertusk gear is good replacement for Water Works gear if you don't get it or don't want to farm for it. Have you completed Grizzlehiem and can enter Wintertusk?

Do you use your steal health spells to the best of their abilities. Did you get the tri blade/trap from Niles in Kroc land? Have you started the Sun spells at lvl 50 (CL Base Camp then on Floating Land) to boost your regular spells - starts at Strong and you don't have to take the Accuracy ones to work you way though them. Death is best when bladed up for mobs and blade, traps with maybe a feint for Boss battles. Consider setting up 2 decks, one for mobs and one for boss battles, add converts as needed to boss one. Slim down decks to just what is needed for battles in area you are in. Train reshuffle or load spare Treasure Cards in the sideboard of decks.

Consider a pet that may offer some fringes for your school also. The base for your wizard you build now will help you quest better here and the worlds to come. Practice on mobs and boss battles to make sure your set up is working.

Mary

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Death123ret on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
The best suggestion I can give you for solo Death in celestia is the following:

1. Arrange your gear for the best damage/power pip combo you can. Some preference should be given to heal boosting, but compromises against damage should be minimized where possible.
2. Use a small deck. Something like the following worked very well for me there:

2 gargantuan (or whatever sun damage spell you're currently at)
1 death trap
1 death blade
1 feint
2 scarecrow
1 reshuffle
1 death blade from gear (+45%)
2 death traps from amulet (+35%)
1 wraith from pet

You want to strike hard and quicly. The key is to monitor your health, but don't worry about it too much unless you are down more than half. If one of your opponents is very strong, trap the weak one so that your first crow kills him, brings you back to full health, and weakens the strong one. You can then take enough time to focus on the remaining opponent with a stronger spell like wraith. Its not perfect for every single fight, but, I used it on about 95% of celestia battles. Small modifications can be made for fighting death opponents (prisms and death shields) and VERY strong enemies (more than 4000 health) can be done by adding 1 spirit trap and 1 spirit blade, possibly a second reshuffle just in case...