Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Interactive Health HUD

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 25, 2013
John here again,

Just a little suggestion I think to make this game a bit more user friendly or even aesthetically pleasing for those who may want it, but I think it would be a good idea for the game to give you a little heads up when your health is low in battle (or even when out of battle)

Now before everyone jumps on me about how KI should be focused on more important things, hear me out. My girlfriend plays this game and because she normally quests with me, and I have a life mastery, she hardly pays attention to her health. Now I know this is a situation in which many people believe it's your own responsibility, but I was thinking of something simple.

Maybe when your health is below like 20% of its maximum capacity, give the health orb an effect that just catches the players eye. Maybe have it glow, or have it pulsate a little, flash slowly, something that basically says "look at me" and for those who would find this annoying, make it optional, and make it simple to disable just by going into the "gameplay options"

It's not a major change but I think it's a small one that many players would find useful. Anyone out there got any input or suggestions to make?

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl45

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
Well....making it optional would make the difference.

I think you can even set your limits too. For me l, my critical level is about 212 hp. Others may be higher....others may be lower.

Depenes on the player.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Good idea! I would personally love for this to be in the game.

Ashley Lifeheart, level 46 master theurgist

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sokad on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
John here again,

Just a little suggestion I think to make this game a bit more user friendly or even aesthetically pleasing for those who may want it, but I think it would be a good idea for the game to give you a little heads up when your health is low in battle (or even when out of battle)

Now before everyone jumps on me about how KI should be focused on more important things, hear me out. My girlfriend plays this game and because she normally quests with me, and I have a life mastery, she hardly pays attention to her health. Now I know this is a situation in which many people believe it's your own responsibility, but I was thinking of something simple.

Maybe when your health is below like 20% of its maximum capacity, give the health orb an effect that just catches the players eye. Maybe have it glow, or have it pulsate a little, flash slowly, something that basically says "look at me" and for those who would find this annoying, make it optional, and make it simple to disable just by going into the "gameplay options"

It's not a major change but I think it's a small one that many players would find useful. Anyone out there got any input or suggestions to make?

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl45

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."
I don't see that this should be necessary; everyone should be paying attention and never counting on anyone to heal them. However, if it is optional I have no problem with it....just don't want it forced at me since I've never run out of health or mana in over 3 1/2 years.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
Sounds cool. Please keep coming up with more ideas.

However, the majority of us are always aware of our health. It's not like we're mobile while in battle. We just stand there. HP going down is kind of obvious since every hit is taking us down a notch. I believe those wizards that ignore their HP (and cry out "I need healing"), will continue to do so in spite of such a HUD warning.

Please don't take this the wrong way! I'm just saying that some folks choose to play a more aggressive style. They'll load their decks in that fashion and leave out extra heals. So, all in all, I kind of think this will stay the way it is.

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
I love this idea. For it to be applicable, as you said, it would need to be optional.

I dunno how to do a quote, but OP Happyfrost said "It's not like we're mobile in battle." This is true, but there are people who play the game while they do something else (i.e. check a social network, watch TV, ect.) and this update would make it easier to see when someone needed that little pixie.