Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Robobot1747 on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
My info about crit/block comes from Duelist101. If you call them wrong, it is you who has no knowledge.
So does mine that's why i referenced the penalties. But you just wanted to trash a persons post. So you got some back. Simple fact is I know critical is random, but is it not messed up that a critical block of 70 can block someone at 455 more times then not? Second when i had my critical at 455 more people blocked my critical's, I drop it to 407 and now it seems the majority of the time they do not. Explain that one. Explain to me also how it seems when in 4v4 one teams pets always seem to go nuts and the others doesn't.
I have a pet that is 240+ across the board and it will barely fairy in a match but other peoples pets that are no where near the stats of mine, but yet their pet go nuts in a match. But yet questing my pet heals a lot. Since you know it all shouldn't my pet heal more then theirs? I man people like myself wonder why things like this always happen to them, although we have read and followed all the guides from wiki and duelist. But it seems useless.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
MrWizard069 on Apr 22, 2014 wrote:
So does mine that's why i referenced the penalties. But you just wanted to trash a persons post. So you got some back. Simple fact is I know critical is random, but is it not messed up that a critical block of 70 can block someone at 455 more times then not? Second when i had my critical at 455 more people blocked my critical's, I drop it to 407 and now it seems the majority of the time they do not. Explain that one. Explain to me also how it seems when in 4v4 one teams pets always seem to go nuts and the others doesn't.
I have a pet that is 240+ across the board and it will barely fairy in a match but other peoples pets that are no where near the stats of mine, but yet their pet go nuts in a match. But yet questing my pet heals a lot. Since you know it all shouldn't my pet heal more then theirs? I man people like myself wonder why things like this always happen to them, although we have read and followed all the guides from wiki and duelist. But it seems useless.
Um... This post seems all about speculation. Pets heal randomly. Criticals happen randomly. Blocks happen randomly. There is no favoritism at all in the system. It may seem like the game "hates" you at times, but it's programmed to do that. People often get flustered when my Fiendish Foo Dog uses three Sprites in a row and a Fairy the next round, which has happened twice. It's entirely random. There's a chance that could happen again, but it's a bit unlikely.

Your problem with critical, like when you dropped it, probably has nothing to do with your sudden unblockable criticals. Also, the stats of your pet, like its Strength and Agility, have no effect whatsoever on the cast rate. Once again, it's completely random. A teen Starfish has the same ability to cast Spritely as a Mega Nutcracker.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Oathkeeper and Obl... on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Um... This post seems all about speculation. Pets heal randomly. Criticals happen randomly. Blocks happen randomly. There is no favoritism at all in the system. It may seem like the game "hates" you at times, but it's programmed to do that. People often get flustered when my Fiendish Foo Dog uses three Sprites in a row and a Fairy the next round, which has happened twice. It's entirely random. There's a chance that could happen again, but it's a bit unlikely.

Your problem with critical, like when you dropped it, probably has nothing to do with your sudden unblockable criticals. Also, the stats of your pet, like its Strength and Agility, have no effect whatsoever on the cast rate. Once again, it's completely random. A teen Starfish has the same ability to cast Spritely as a Mega Nutcracker.
Personally, I don't think that pet heals are completely random. Some pets heal too little and some heal far too often to be merely coincedental. As for critical and block, it is possible that a person of lower block could have it all from one gear piece, thus lessening the penalties on critical, and the person with more critical could have it on several gear pieces, making the penalties greater. It would be possible for the person with less block to still block frequently, even though that person has hundreds less block.