Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear hmmm...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
I am a level 58 Ice Wizard and I need to know what the best level 60 Ice gear is. (Other than the Waterworks gear, I just do not like the at all). I don't really have any "must-haves, but I want to have a good power pip, critical, and block rating, without losing my resistance and attack-boost. I guess those could be called "must-haves", but they are what a high level wizard in high level worlds need to survive. And if you are confused about why I am wanting level 60 gear when i am level 58. Well, if you can do the math, I only have two more levels until I turn level 60 so I am just planning ahead.

And to relate this post with Zafaria, the reason I am posting this is because I am in Zafaria now, and I really need help sometimes in it. Good gear would help.

Liam Icebreath

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Level 56 Wintertusk crafted gear is almost as good as Waterworks gear. It really depends on your play style. At your level some of the best resist gear is available in the Bazaar.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Maybe you should ask the magical gear fairy. I really doubt you can find non-WW gear with damage, pips, crit, crit block, and resist.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
JonyIve on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 58 Ice Wizard and I need to know what the best level 60 Ice gear is. (Other than the Waterworks gear, I just do not like the at all). I don't really have any "must-haves, but I want to have a good power pip, critical, and block rating, without losing my resistance and attack-boost. I guess those could be called "must-haves", but they are what a high level wizard in high level worlds need to survive. And if you are confused about why I am wanting level 60 gear when i am level 58. Well, if you can do the math, I only have two more levels until I turn level 60 so I am just planning ahead.

And to relate this post with Zafaria, the reason I am posting this is because I am in Zafaria now, and I really need help sometimes in it. Good gear would help.

Liam Icebreath
If you are focusing on resist, then honestly just swing by the bazaar and pick up the celestian tri-fecta. However, a decent combo that gives you better accuracy and damage without sacrificing much resist is this combination (but you will need to be a crafter):

Bitter Chieftan's Helm
Celestian Snow Smock
Celestian Snow Boots
Garnet Bear Claw
Wintertusk Ring of Valor

The Edge of the Green (optional but it works well with the above to balance lower healing boosts healing options)

This gives you the following aggregate stats:

+1280 Max Health
+295 Max Mana
+11% Ice Accuracy (Effective 91% accuracy for Ice Spells)
+30% Ice Damage
+9% Global Damage (Effective +39% for Ice Spells)
+34% Global Resistance
+50 Ice Critical
+10 Global Critical (Effective +60 Critical for Ice Spells)
+90 Global Critical Block
+30% Power Pip Chance
+17% Incoming Life Healing
+16% Outgoing Life Healing
+6 Max Energy

+1 45% Iceblade Item Card (stackable)
+2 Guiding Light Item Cards
+1 Sprite Item Card
+1 Pixie Item Card
+1 Helping Hands Item Card
+1 Satyr Item Card

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Why do you not want Waterworks? It's generally considered the best at that level.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
Why do you not want Waterworks? It's generally considered the best at that level.
You generally need a group, quite a bit of time, and a lot of luck to put together full waterworks gear. I rarely do it more than once per wizard as crafting is a more reliable means of attaining reasonable gear. I completely understand where the OP is coming from on this one...