Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm,2 disadvantages

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Hi KI so i was on my storm wizard today and he fizzled over hand over and over and then died over and over.So i was wondering,can you remove either high fizzled rate of low health from a storm wizard its not fair how most schools have only one disadvantage and storm has 2.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The Wyrm on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi KI so i was on my storm wizard today and he fizzled over hand over and over and then died over and over.So i was wondering,can you remove either high fizzled rate of low health from a storm wizard its not fair how most schools have only one disadvantage and storm has 2.
No, they can't. Storm fizzles most and has the lowest health because they have the strongest un-aided spells. To change this would throw off the balance of all schools.

As you level up you can purchase gear that helps with your accuracy. My Storm wizard rarely fizzles. It's just having the patience to get to that point that's frustrating.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Every schools has multiple strengths and weaknesses. The thing about Storm's high fizzle rate is that it goes away as you get more powerful. Storm gear provides more accuracy boosts than any other school. My Storm fizzles a lot less than my Balance and Myth wizards. It's really only at low levels that fizzle is a problem for storm, and that's why you get the +10 accuracy buff at a low level.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
That would be taking the balance of the schools apart.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
The wyrm isn't wrong but storm does need a boost in health at least we have like 1300 at level 45 and we need more fire has like 2100 at level 35 so unfair!

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Well actually Storm isn't the only one with more than one weakness. As an Ice Wizard I know 1. It takes longer to attack because you need a lot more pips for the attacks such as colossus requires 6 when Stormzilla only requires 5. 2. Ice is pretty weak in the beginning. Back to Colossus and Stormzilla, Stormzilla is more powerful that Colossus even though it takes longer to use colossus... But you have to remember the good that comes with your element. Remember Storm has the strength and can't take out enemies just like that while Ice slowly builds up when giving attacks but at the same time protecting them self with shields to help last longer...

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Every school has some good and bad. Try getting gear that boosts your accuracy and the Sharp-Shot pet talent.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
The Wyrm on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
All schools have there pros and cons don't think storm is the only school that has problems. Also all schools have much more then one disadvantage.

Ice: Ice is more of a defensive school. It's whole strategy is to simply take whatever comes without a glance with it's huge hp and variety of defensive spells in its purest form. It gradually builds up until the time is right to competly demolish the oppostition. The problem is that Ice is sometimes too slow to attack. When going up agaisnt storm for example ice might be demolished too quickly to actually put any oppostition. When going up agaisnt ice you have almost no chance of outlasting them so i suggest you take the initiative to batter them and defeat them ASAP.

Storm: Storm is an attacker. It moves fast as lightning to defeat the enemy in no time flat. All of it's attacks are high damage attacks. Storm in its purest form is to win within 10 moves which is completly opposite Ice's. The biggest problem is it's low health will get storm defeated pretty quickly and the fact is that everyone now packs a shield agaisnt storm. When going agaisnt storm PACK a shield agaisnt it and wear him out with defensive moves.

Fire: This school is a shield destroyer. You can never really shield as it's attacks have so many DOT's(damage over time) spells which destroy your shields. Fire however has no real healing spells or shields unlike Ice and it cannot really attack as fast as storm. Fire merely just weighs down the oppostition with hundreds with little Dot's or builds up for a super efreet. When going agaisnt fire dont try to shield unless your sure he is gonna Efreet you. All you have to do is just pile on the pressure on him so he is forced to concentrate on healing.

Life: Life is the school that heals. Although the attacks aren't the strongest it can really draw out the game with it's constant never ending heals. It is really good for groupwork as it can heal everyone constantly. The only problem as I said earlier that the attacks are not that high. Sure you could boost them and raise their attacks to over 1000 they still dont match to for example storms attacks. The best way to fir a life student is too build up for a 1 hit K0 since then they can't really hit like 2000 without stacking or using a spell over 8 pips
They also don't have and efficient bubble charger.

These just a few examples. Also u might wanna train for infallible or buy tc it should help fix your problem.

If yah guys have anything to add on to what I've said bout these schools feel free to give some feed back it be much appreciated since I know I have missed a lot of stuff I know there is much more to say bout each school.

Have fun
Lvl100

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Coyle Thundershard on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
The wyrm isn't wrong but storm does need a boost in health at least we have like 1300 at level 45 and we need more fire has like 2100 at level 35 so unfair!
It's also very unfair that a level 100 storm can hit 4000 with 2 pips cough cough wild bolt. Cough spam cough cough insane bolt.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Coyle Thundershard on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
Dead wrong. We have 2100 at level 50 or so. At level 35 we have about 1500. Plus, for you it isn't much of a problem unless you fight a storm person.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 50

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Agreed. I have 1,479 health on my level 35 storm. Which is pretty sad, considering that I have crown armor. I can't say I don't love storm. I have one wizard- storm. That's all I'll ever have. I just wish that we had something more.. am I right? I mean, our attack is great.. but paired with our fizzle rate, and our health, it's kind of the pits. If we have that low health, we should have freakishly high attack. So that our school is as feared as it was in 1st age pvp. 1v1 pvp? Forget it. Near impossible to improve your rank at a mid-level. Going through a hard dungeon alone? Nah. It won't happen. What really makes it worse? The hatred for our school. People have legit said that We shouldn't be able to do pvp. All because of our attack. We don't even have great gear. I had to farm the Zeus boss forever before getting a full set of robes that were good. Yeah, I kinda payed attention to the outfit matching, but who doesn't? Our strategy, our game plan, tends to be, get in, get out. With the long time it takes to save up pips, we're basically dead. I think we should at least have an advanced school, like, //cough cough// most every other school //cough cough// A world would be nice. Anyway, I don't regret storm. I look on it's painfully short list of pros, and go with those.

Destiny GriffinBreeze

Sent from my iPhone