Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An experiment...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Hi all,
I have been doing an experiment with a wizard I started from scratch. I have made it that this character does every world completely, except for the instances such as Brisk Breeze tower etc.

1) I have reached level 68 (Pyromancer) at the start of Zarifina

2) I have done Grizzlehelm, Winter Tusk, and Wysteria.

3) I did not move onto the next world until it was complete.

I have a question for the members. Is this high, low, or average?

The second task at hand is that I used my typical method of getting xp's for earlier levels. At first couple of levels I took on street mobs to gain a couple of simple levels.

Does anyone else use this techiniqe?

I would like to know what others do, and the methods used by others.

Thanks for the input in advanced...

Sabrina Raventhief

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Haven't gotten there yet. But you need to be level 44 to get to Celestia... So... lowish average?

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Hi, Sabrina.

My style of play is similar to yours. Both of my wizards complete as many side quests as possible (Thank you, quest helper, for letting me find them!) before moving on to the next world. Like you, certain instances are exceptions; I usually hold off on those until the wizard is waaaaay above the minimum level requirement. My necromancer was level 69 or 70 when she entered Zafaria. At that point she had finished Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, Wysteria (except Tower of the Helephant), Crab Alley (but not Waterworks), and Mount Olympus in Aquila. She did earn some extra XP by porting to and helping my best friend in real life (the person who introduced me to the game) who was "about a world ahead of her in storyline" (but catching up fast now).

I'm using the same style of play with my pyromancer. What's nice too is my best friend created a second wizard at the same time so she has a questing buddy in Krokotopia.

Miranda Nightsinger, Archmage Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Adept Pyromancer

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I have ALWAYS used this technique.

I know that in doing this, you will always be far ahead of where the minimum requirements are. So yes, you are a higher level than most people are by the time you reach the next world. But I prefer having this advantage it makes soloing all that much easier for me. And I would know having done it twice

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl48
John FrostShard - lvl35

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
pirate8375 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi all,
I have been doing an experiment with a wizard I started from scratch. I have made it that this character does every world completely, except for the instances such as Brisk Breeze tower etc.

1) I have reached level 68 (Pyromancer) at the start of Zarifina

2) I have done Grizzlehelm, Winter Tusk, and Wysteria.

3) I did not move onto the next world until it was complete.

I have a question for the members. Is this high, low, or average?

The second task at hand is that I used my typical method of getting xp's for earlier levels. At first couple of levels I took on street mobs to gain a couple of simple levels.

Does anyone else use this techiniqe?

I would like to know what others do, and the methods used by others.

Thanks for the input in advanced...

Sabrina Raventhief
For Wizard City I do some side quests... specifically those in Unicorn Way and Triton Avenue. I do most of Colossus Blvd as well.
I do some side quests in Krok.
In Marleybone I do everything...I think I have one side quest left on the Wizard that just completed that world.
Mooshu, I do some side quests.
Dragonspyre, I do most side quests
I do all of Wysteria, Grizzleheim and Wintertusk but save GH for when my wizard is level 35+ or when I'm bored due to the low xp.
I do some side quests in Celestia and Zafaria. That's as far as I've gotten since I too solo but don't have time to spend hour upon hour in lengthy dungeons with cheating bosses.
As for moving on, you really can't move on until all main storyline quests are done. I never go back to a world unless I need to level up and have rarely done that.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
idk... I would say around average. I just do the main quests, but I also did both of the side worlds.
Wolf RavenBreath 95 balance