Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

idea friends list un limited

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
i thought of this idea of having our friends list unlimted if that could be possable cause the amount its at now it fills up fast and other wise people got to be removed to add someone else. but am open advice on this

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I agree, because in real life, our friends list is unlimited.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
It would be a nice idea. I would like to see something more on the lines of a better Friends list. One that would allow me to like a person I know to all of there wizards, and would let me know, if the person plays anymore, giving me the last time they played. I have been playing for a long time now, I have so many names I probably don't need, because they don't play anymore.
Would also love to see a why to connect with players, like the ability to click on there name and send an email, with a list of questions or replies, such as Do you play any more? Would like to quest together again.
Also be able to leave a shot reply to a person who is on my buddy list that I haven't seen, and tell them I will be on later.

Just some thoughts.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
sistersky605 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
i thought of this idea of having our friends list unlimted if that could be possable cause the amount its at now it fills up fast and other wise people got to be removed to add someone else. but am open advice on this
I would like that but KI may not be able to have 35000000(35 million) people friends with each other as then there would be more work on servers making it slow. good idea though

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! I keep having to delete old friends I don't know...

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
KI said a while back that they had this at one point but their servers were running to slow to be able to keep it so they had to limit it. This is a cool idea though maybe one day they will be able to bring this back.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sistersky605 on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Well, here's an idea I have mentioned before: Make 1 list for "public" friends, one for "preferred friends (the ones with the stars filled in), and then one for True Friends (ones added via true friend code). This would effectively triple our list, giving us much more flexibility, and yet still have a reasonable cap to it.

According to www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?132854-how-many-friends , the max is 100 for members and 50 for non members (as of 2/12/14 - only a few moths ago). if this is true, then using my method, you could have a maximum of 300 friends for members and 150 for non-members. That is a LOT of friends, without being too much. i don't know how feasable it is in relation to server wear and taer, but I can't imagine a number that small doing much damage even across all the people we have playing the game.

Important piece to this thought: I was NOT around back when the server loads were nuts because of the large friends list, so I am totally ignorant what the limit, if any, was back then

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on May 21, 2014 wrote:
Well, here's an idea I have mentioned before: Make 1 list for "public" friends, one for "preferred friends (the ones with the stars filled in), and then one for True Friends (ones added via true friend code). This would effectively triple our list, giving us much more flexibility, and yet still have a reasonable cap to it.

According to www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?132854-how-many-friends , the max is 100 for members and 50 for non members (as of 2/12/14 - only a few moths ago). if this is true, then using my method, you could have a maximum of 300 friends for members and 150 for non-members. That is a LOT of friends, without being too much. i don't know how feasable it is in relation to server wear and taer, but I can't imagine a number that small doing much damage even across all the people we have playing the game.

Important piece to this thought: I was NOT around back when the server loads were nuts because of the large friends list, so I am totally ignorant what the limit, if any, was back then
You have to remember that the server needs to check that list any time you look at it or any of your friends looks at theirs. With millions of players checking constantly, having triple the current load would likely be way too much to handle.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on May 21, 2014 wrote:
You have to remember that the server needs to check that list any time you look at it or any of your friends looks at theirs. With millions of players checking constantly, having triple the current load would likely be way too much to handle.
It would be worth KI commenting here though. I would love to know from the past, how many friends most people had before they limited it. I'm not saying tripling it would work, and if it doesn't then fine, but still, it would be nice to get some kind of response from KI, even if to back up what you're saying, you know?

Defender
May 11, 2012
MichaelSoulShard on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
It would be a nice idea. I would like to see something more on the lines of a better Friends list. One that would allow me to like a person I know to all of there wizards, and would let me know, if the person plays anymore, giving me the last time they played. I have been playing for a long time now, I have so many names I probably don't need, because they don't play anymore.
Would also love to see a why to connect with players, like the ability to click on there name and send an email, with a list of questions or replies, such as Do you play any more? Would like to quest together again.
Also be able to leave a shot reply to a person who is on my buddy list that I haven't seen, and tell them I will be on later.

Just some thoughts.
I like your ideas. There are people on my friends list that I care about, but I don't know if they are going to play anymore. I haven't seen some of them in almost a year. It could be that we just are missing each other (I don't always play at the same time each day), but if they aren't going to play anymore, I would really like to know so I can take them off my list. I know I could do that now, but I don't want to if they might come back, because we had a lot of fun questing together. For all I know, they could be playing, but playing on a new wizard they created. I really wish there was a way to see how long it has been since somebody has played the game or a way to send them an email to ask them if they are going to play anymore. The person's personal email doesn't need to be given out; KI could do something like I have seen some other sites do. They create a temporary email to reply to so everybody's privacy is respected. There just has to be a way to find out where some of our friend's from our friend's list have gone.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
MichaelSoulShard on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:

Just some thoughts.
I would say I have to agree with you on that one. the email part I don't like though.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012