Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Game Lacks Nothing.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
Hey guys, it's me once again, (sorry if it's still in the wrong area, still getting the hang of it.) Okay, I was scrolling around on the boards, and I had a great idea to create an answer for everyone! Many forums say that certain schools lack the amount of players. But, that is incorrect. When you think about it, there is at least over a thousand people OUTSIDE of wizard city that trains that school. What really lacks nowadays, is people who play Wizard101 correctly. I've met more than I wanted to of people in MarleyBone who are my level (lvl 35) and have the level 15 clothes back in Krokotopia. If you have any other suggestions why people say some schools lack, don't be afraid to post. I'm always welcome to ideas.

"Any job, big or small, do it right or not at all!"
Dylan FireBlade Level 35 See you in the Spiral!!!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
Hey,
I think a reason why people say that some schools lack people is because storm, fire, and ice are mainly chosen and are chosen a lot rather than life or balance (sorry if i'm offending anyone I just think that's a reason why). But I do agree with M4 Sherman that we really do need more people who play the game who forget about putting on things that could be helpful to them opposed to other level 20 things. Some people will have two spells, that will defeat whatever they may be facing in one hit, but choose the one with higher power opposed to the one with higher accuracy. There are more I just can't think of any really good ones now. :)

Sarai ShadowSword lvl 17
improving!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
M4 Sherman on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys, it's me once again, (sorry if it's still in the wrong area, still getting the hang of it.) Okay, I was scrolling around on the boards, and I had a great idea to create an answer for everyone! Many forums say that certain schools lack the amount of players. But, that is incorrect. When you think about it, there is at least over a thousand people OUTSIDE of wizard city that trains that school. What really lacks nowadays, is people who play Wizard101 correctly. I've met more than I wanted to of people in MarleyBone who are my level (lvl 35) and have the level 15 clothes back in Krokotopia. If you have any other suggestions why people say some schools lack, don't be afraid to post. I'm always welcome to ideas.

"Any job, big or small, do it right or not at all!"
Dylan FireBlade Level 35 See you in the Spiral!!!
There are over 30 millions players, not thousands. There seem to be 'waves' where you will see a ton of Ice wizards, but very few Myth wizards. I'm sure the numbers balance out. And all schools have their good and bad points; one just must learn how to play each school as they are very different from each other.

There is also no way to "play the game correctly." Some of these players are children; some have never played this type of game before and some just spend their gold on other things.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2013
RavenLady777 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
There are over 30 millions players, not thousands. There seem to be 'waves' where you will see a ton of Ice wizards, but very few Myth wizards. I'm sure the numbers balance out. And all schools have their good and bad points; one just must learn how to play each school as they are very different from each other.

There is also no way to "play the game correctly." Some of these players are children; some have never played this type of game before and some just spend their gold on other things.
@RAVENLADY777 By playing incorrectly I meant, like, hard to explain but what I meant was like, being a death wizard and wearing ice resist, +fire damage and storm accuracy.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have to agree with this post. I constantly see wizards that are totally unequipped for battles. Don't cry to me for help when you decided to run into battle on your Ice wizard that has no resist in Avalon. Just Bazaar gear would give you higher attack and resist. Players pay far too little attention to their gear and setup. It's very common to see players wearing gear that is 3-4 worlds below their level.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
M4 Sherman on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
@RAVENLADY777 By playing incorrectly I meant, like, hard to explain but what I meant was like, being a death wizard and wearing ice resist, +fire damage and storm accuracy.
Well yeah, that would be different, but there could be a reason... say that Death wizard is playing against Ice mobs/bosses and trained Fire as their secondary school. They might want the added boost to Fire. (Personally, I rarely use my secondary school and only train them for the shield, or for healing if I'm not on my Life or Death wizard)

I do see what you mean though... and agree that my playing style isn't like that either.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
just saying,you're only in marleybone.

By the time you get past Celestia, almost everyone who plays the game "incorrectly) (no offense to anyone) is gone because it simply becomes to challenging if you don't have the right gear or if you haven't trained the right spells.

I'm 99% sure you didn't do everything flawlessly your first time around. I know i didn't. even if you think you are right now, i'm 99% sure you aren't. at least what I would consider "correctly"

John RavenCatcher - lvl99
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl57
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I have to agree with this post. I constantly see wizards that are totally unequipped for battles. Don't cry to me for help when you decided to run into battle on your Ice wizard that has no resist in Avalon. Just Bazaar gear would give you higher attack and resist. Players pay far too little attention to their gear and setup. It's very common to see players wearing gear that is 3-4 worlds below their level.
Sadly I have to agree here. Last week I stopped playing my Ice wizard completly because I slowly realized I had become an enabler. I have a friends list full of these wizards and I was giving them a false sense of security by helping them though DS to the KY world - which is where we part ways since I don't quest there. I made them believe they could play the game.

I now feel I was doing them a terrible injustice not letting them see what level of the game they can handle and seeing where it gets away from them.

Mary

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I have a friend, who at last check had like 10% death resist. That's it. Poor thing, she needed my help a lot and couldn't even find damage gear (some idiot told her she needed arena tickets).

Explorer
May 08, 2014
ive met quite a few people who are not very good with strategy and end up getting themselves knocked out a lot then they blame the school they play as. well im a life wizard and a pvp warlord and ive gone up against storm which have the highest damage. Yet I win a lot because of all of lifes buffs. When I get low on health I put up spirit armor heal myself with a satyr then summon a guardian sprite for more healing opportunities then go to my attack phase and wipe'em out. and might I add life doesn't have very strong attack and requires quite a bit of strategy to use effectively.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
RemixChic on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
Hey,
I think a reason why people say that some schools lack people is because storm, fire, and ice are mainly chosen and are chosen a lot rather than life or balance (sorry if i'm offending anyone I just think that's a reason why). But I do agree with M4 Sherman that we really do need more people who play the game who forget about putting on things that could be helpful to them opposed to other level 20 things. Some people will have two spells, that will defeat whatever they may be facing in one hit, but choose the one with higher power opposed to the one with higher accuracy. There are more I just can't think of any really good ones now. :)

Sarai ShadowSword lvl 17
improving!
There are not tons of ice wizards, actually.
People think that having or is a good idea because they have larger attacks. Well, they do, but they also have less health and less accuracy than the other schools. This makes it hard for those wizards to do worlds early(they still try though lol).

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
There are not tons of ice wizards, actually.
People think that having or is a good idea because they have larger attacks. Well, they do, but they also have less health and less accuracy than the other schools. This makes it hard for those wizards to do worlds early(they still try though lol).
It's not that hard once you've done it once or twice. The problem is, it's a rocky start the first few times, like you said. That's when some people get upset and delete the wizard. I think the only reason I didn't delete Scarlet was because I was NOT going to delete the first wizard I created.

Still, once you've figured out how to work with the school and you've figured out a strategy that works for you, the game becomes easier.

I have to agree with whoever said that school's numbers come and go in waves. I have seen many school sightings decline and rise again over a few months. I guess it just depends on which school is considered the most powerful. More people will want to be that school, but then some counter strategy is found and POOF! There go some of those wizards.