Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells - Shift Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
So, no level 98 school spells huh? Myth wizards soon shall be extinct if this is the case. Man, I don't even care about these spells and I don't think many people will be using these. Disappointing that there is no new school spell though. I hope that there wont be any storm owl, celestial calendar etc. TC though.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
So, no level 98 school spells huh? Myth wizards soon shall be extinct if this is the case. Man, I don't even care about these spells and I don't think many people will be using these. Disappointing that there is no new school spell though. I hope that there wont be any storm owl, celestial calendar etc. TC though.
Hate to break it to ya, but rank 10 tc's do exist in KH part 2 and are required for crafting some items in part 2 as well.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well these spells were made for pvp 100%. although I can't even imagine using them in pvp anyway because there all just not good. 4 pips for those? I don't think so.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
hmmm, so pip cost has been lowered to 3, good, but the myth effect has been nerfed. It doesn't seem worth using.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
hmmm, so pip cost has been lowered to 3, good, but the myth effect has been nerfed. It doesn't seem worth using.
It would be a bit overpowered with the original effect, making it a personal earthquake. I can still see uses for it. It still removes a shield and blade but leaves other school traps and charms untouched.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
This is probably the most ridiculous idea ever, I dont see a reason a lvl 98 wizard would be using a spell that does 300 damage.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
I was also disappointed that the new spells turned out to not be school spells. I'm getting really tired of spamming Humungofrog/Earthquake. :(

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
I myself really like the new shift spells, but me not being able to use power pips makes me rarely ever use them.
I would much rather them go back to 4 pips but be for your personal school.

lvl 100

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Each Shift Spell costs 3 pips... That means if your ice, life, death, etc it will use up 3 pips including 3 power pips. Yes it may sound dumb but really its worth it. Shift spells can be use to your advantage yet you must know when to use it at the right time. Every time you use a shift spell you must know if you have blades on and or traps... cause it will use up your blades and traps. Also you can enchant your shift spells and make it do more dmg. Hope this info. helped good luck questing

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I really like the idea behind these spells. They make for some interesting fights.
Quite cool to think of possibilities of future shift spells.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
While I am happy to see the addition of new moon spells this far into the game, I am slightly disappointed as to the nature of which the newer ones function. Some of them are good and worth using(E.g. Shift Sugar Glider, and some questioning to Shift Piscean and Shift Ogre), but for the majority, most of them seem somewhat ineffecient at doing what the other schools already have and are less usable than these new "Shift" spells due to the use of power pips. I am happy that you can enchant them though, there would have been major problems with these if you had not allowed that as an option. I am however not saying that these are bad, as previously stated, some of these do seem useful and I'm sure they will find their appropiate belonging as the game goes on.

But, I do wonder one thing. With the addition of pips to one of the astral schools, which are supposed to be supplementary schools, does this hint at something grander?

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
I'd like to expand on my earlier post. Seeing these new "Shift" spells, and being the moon-school enthusiast I am, I immediately learned one of them when I managed to get a training point. They are obviously supposed to pvp-oriented(Hence some of the strange after-effects that don't really do anything against various mobs and bosses) and modeled in a way similar to that of "Loremaster", the balance spell that's been very popular as of late. I like this attempt to make moon school a more desirable secondary school, but there are some things I don't quite understand.

First, the cost of the spell is 3 pips. Why is this odd? Well, if it's intended to be modeled after Loremaster and make them desirable in the same way it is, why make it 3(6 if you have power pips) instead of 2? 2 pips makes them easier to use and balances them out against spells of the same pip cost due to the "real" cost of the spell being turned into 4(Such as: Loremaster, Luminous Weaver, Power Link, Krampus, and Keeper of the Flame.).

Another thing I find sort of odd is that these spells, unlike other moon spells, take into account your gear's damage bonuses. This brings it back to my previous point, making the moon school more desired through their usefulness in pvp. If they had intended to add a "Loremaster" to each school, this was clearly their attempt.

So, my question is this: If these are the reasons for the function of these new moon spells, why would they ruin their utility by adding an extra pip? Since all the schools wouldn't be able to use power pips, and there is no such thing as astral primary schools, at least so far, why would they go to the trouble of ruining a chance to "bring back" the moon school? Currently, not many people even given the moon school a second glance due to a pvp-oriented bias as well as new gear that makes transforming inefficient. So why darken the moon school's glimmer of hope at seeing more play?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Ok where to start... I think these new shift spells are a good idea and all, but, ( and thanks for shadow magic and all but we need new attacking spells not strategic spells. Being a myth, i went around asking my friends and others what they thought about a new myth global attack. they all agreed that earthquake is good but needs to be improved damage wise. Now myth is a cool school but honestly i think there should be a new global that has particularly high damage. AND one point that i noticed is...well... look back to the lvl 48 or rank 7 spells. Try to notice the one big thing. They all do global damage or heal to everyone...except myth. Rebirth-heals all, scarecrow-steal health all, fire dragon-overtime and main all, frost giant-damage and stun all, storm lord-attacks and stun all, balance main and subtract -25%, and then orthrus-50 then 650. Plz do something about this. This subject infuriates me so much so please come out with something for myth. (and btw dimensional shift, can't find a single good use for it). I mean to say this in the most nicest way possible because i know it's hard to do all this and i get it we all give complaints but honestly this has gone on for a while now. Just 1 global myth spell with good damage (preferably 700+ and at least 1 status) thank you for listening to my reply and i hope to get a message saying whether o not this idea will be revoked.

------Mark BattleBlood lvl 95

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Gold pip rule. That is what its all about.

If the spell does not recognize the gold pip rule, I get a mastery for it. If I cannot, I avoid the spell.

Look cool, they do. They wont rob you of your stats like a polymorph, awesome. Geared more for effects then hitting power, they have great potential.

If they recognized the gold pip rule.

At 3 pips I could throw a shift. If my pips are gold, its the equivalent of a 6 pip spell of school or mastery.

With those same pips I could throw one of the crafted spells plus a zero pip spell the following round, and can, for two gold pip, do more damage and get same effect. I could also customize what effect I am going for. (double weakness, weak plus tower, or in the case of loremaster, small weakness, small version of black mantle, and then throw a secondary infection?). Matches the effects or beating them.

What did I just do? I used one pip less than , got better effects, hit harder because you can enchant the spells I am talking about. PLUS gained a pip on the zero pip spell, allowing me to repeat the following round if I so wanted.

While these spells are a lot more impressive than polymorphs, I still won't waste a training point. More useful stuff out there.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
the new shift spells should be free for the users school and cost training points for others

Survivor
May 06, 2013
the new moon spells should cost two power pips if its your school version not like third power pips which half the time it will take basically like prevents an attack when you could have had half a forest lord instead of having to wait third turns if pulling power pips another thing that is concerning to me is the need of a training point when kingsisle said the school version of your own school was free it was certainly not free it cost a helpful training point.

Survivor
May 22, 2014
Wow! Good spell! But there should be a school for it :D

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
My idea is just about the looks of the spells I think spells should have girl and boy versions of each spell like for instance the life shift spell I think female wizards should shift into a girl moth look like that moth lady in sardonyx I think it would be cool

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
so while i am reading, certain things came to my mind, what if the moon spell summoned the minion exactly(with 500 health) like the one you polymorphed? i also am thinking why is it those monsters, surely you can make a weaker version of different monsters, like if a weaker myth polymorph to a undead minion in triton ave so that younger wizards can have some freedom the wielding celestial magic comprehensible to the wisest of wizards?

with determination, the wheels of fate drive you to success,