Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spells - Global Spells

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Global spells are the 'domes' that appear over the entire dueling circle, encompassing and impacting all teammates and enemies alike!

New Global Spells have been added for players level 97 or higher. Speak to Amelia StarDust to obtain the quest "A Dream of Avalon" which will grant one spell for your main school of focus.
Fire School: Combustion adds +20% Fire Armor Piercing, +17% Fire Critical Hit
Ice School: Katabatic Wind adds +25% Ice Armor Piercing, +10% Ice Critical Hit
Storm School: Astraphobia adds +20% Storm Armor Piercing, +20% Storm Critical Hit
Myth School: Saga of Heroes adds +20% Myth Armor Piercing, +15% Myth Critical Hit
Life School: Namaste adds +20% Life Armor Piercing, +12% Life Critical Hit
Death School: Age of Reckoning adds +20% Death Armor Piercing, +15% Death Critical Hit
Balance School: Counterforce adds +20% Balance Armor Piercing, +15% Balance Critical Hit

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I hope these can be trained (with a point) by other schools. My support schools usually like to have them for the hammer classes. Amulets might be nice too (as with Darkwind, Time of Legend, etc).

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Professor Greyrose, why does the ice spell have more pierce than the others?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
agreed, it seems a little unfair when all the other schools have 20% pierce thatis the only school to get 25%

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
Because Ice needs to pierce the massive resist all the other schools have Just kidding but why does ice have the most pierce? I would think Fire and Storm would get most of the piercing with around 25-30 but I guess kingsisle feels that ice is underpowered with the pierce which they kinda are.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yup, they can be trained for a point off-school. Super.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Hmm. Funny how people are pointing out that Ice has the higher pierce, but I don't see anyone mentioning about Ice having the lowest critical hit increase.

Ice has the lowest damage boosts and is a defensive school, so it stands to reason that Ice would get a little more pierce. Fire and Storm get the highest critical increase with the bubble, which adds to their already over-the-top critical rating. I don't see anyone complaining about Fire and Storm spells Oh wait, it's the Fire and Storm that ARE the ones complaining but not against their own schools.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
In my opinion, these new global spells are not very useful in PvE game play. Reasons:
1-pip cost. These new spells cost 4 pips, or 2 power pips, so they aren't that helpful. If you like to solo quest, having lots of pips early is essential to this style.

2-high mob/boss block ratings. So far, in the test realm the block rating of the mobs seems to have suffered a hit (which is fine) but I'm sure that will go up on the near future. If that's the case, then only the insanely high critical ratings seen nowadays in the Spiral (generally on high level storms) will be able to get through this block. So why boost something that will get blocked?

3-Team PvP. Why is this a reason? Well, due to the last two reasons, the only other reason that these spell have been added, in my honest opinion, is to give an edge to the high levels of PvP.

Here's a scenario: you have a 4v4 match going, and Team 1 has an Ice, Myth, Death, and Life on it, all around level 50 or so. Team 2 consists of high level storm warlords (let's assume that Team 1 is also at warlord status). Here's a possible turn breakdown: Team 2 is in the starting slot, and the first thing they do is buff up the last team member. Team 1 puts up defenses. Back to Team 2: a couple more buffs, and the new bubble, and the last player hits with tempest, which goes critical, breaks through the defenses of Team 1 and killing them in one hit.

So tell me, what about this new bubble is any good for the PvE game? I can see it helping PvP, especially with the matching system messed up like it is, but not how it helps us PvE players.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Hmm. Funny how people are pointing out that Ice has the higher pierce, but I don't see anyone mentioning about Ice having the lowest critical hit increase.

Ice has the lowest damage boosts and is a defensive school, so it stands to reason that Ice would get a little more pierce. Fire and Storm get the highest critical increase with the bubble, which adds to their already over-the-top critical rating. I don't see anyone complaining about Fire and Storm spells Oh wait, it's the Fire and Storm that ARE the ones complaining but not against their own schools.
No one is complaining about the fire and storm having more critical because those schools are designed to have more critical. The ice school has the least as it is designed as a defensive school. How in the world does pierce relate to defense? Following the logic that the pierce is justified by ice having the lowest critical rating increase should Fire and Storm get more health on their gear than the ice school since they have the lowest health increases?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Reported elsewhere, but just in case: These bubbles are seriously glitched. They are affecting all damage, not just the proper school.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
Now that is just way to awesomeBut i think we need morespells for lower levels because everybody wants one even me

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Personally, I do not like how they did the animations so I posted a thread on it to gather more opinions on Wizard101 Central. It seems quite a few people agree.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?404863-Global-spell-animation-opinions

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
Global spells are the 'domes' that appear over the entire dueling circle, encompassing and impacting all teammates and enemies alike!

New Global Spells have been added for players level 97 or higher. Speak to Amelia StarDust to obtain the quest "A Dream of Avalon" which will grant one spell for your main school of focus.
Fire School: Combustion adds +20% Fire Armor Piercing, +17% Fire Critical Hit
Ice School: Katabatic Wind adds +25% Ice Armor Piercing, +10% Ice Critical Hit
Storm School: Astraphobia adds +20% Storm Armor Piercing, +20% Storm Critical Hit
Myth School: Saga of Heroes adds +20% Myth Armor Piercing, +15% Myth Critical Hit
Life School: Namaste adds +20% Life Armor Piercing, +12% Life Critical Hit
Death School: Age of Reckoning adds +20% Death Armor Piercing, +15% Death Critical Hit
Balance School: Counterforce adds +20% Balance Armor Piercing, +15% Balance Critical Hit
i have look for Amelia Stardust but have no ideal where she is at can someone tell me how to find her

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
jacobquon on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion, these new global spells are not very useful in PvE game play. Reasons:
1-pip cost. These new spells cost 4 pips, or 2 power pips, so they aren't that helpful. If you like to solo quest, having lots of pips early is essential to this style.

2-high mob/boss block ratings. So far, in the test realm the block rating of the mobs seems to have suffered a hit (which is fine) but I'm sure that will go up on the near future. If that's the case, then only the insanely high critical ratings seen nowadays in the Spiral (generally on high level storms) will be able to get through this block. So why boost something that will get blocked?

3-Team PvP. Why is this a reason? Well, due to the last two reasons, the only other reason that these spell have been added, in my honest opinion, is to give an edge to the high levels of PvP.

Here's a scenario: you have a 4v4 match going, and Team 1 has an Ice, Myth, Death, and Life on it, all around level 50 or so. Team 2 consists of high level storm warlords (let's assume that Team 1 is also at warlord status). Here's a possible turn breakdown: Team 2 is in the starting slot, and the first thing they do is buff up the last team member. Team 1 puts up defenses. Back to Team 2: a couple more buffs, and the new bubble, and the last player hits with tempest, which goes critical, breaks through the defenses of Team 1 and killing them in one hit.

So tell me, what about this new bubble is any good for the PvE game? I can see it helping PvP, especially with the matching system messed up like it is, but not how it helps us PvE players.
Of course, this matchup will never happen. High level storm warlords won't be matched up with mid-level warlords. Not unless the storms were just pushing warlord and the others were at about 3000 rank.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
eaglebird707 on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
i have look for Amelia Stardust but have no ideal where she is at can someone tell me how to find her
I am pretty sure Amelia Stardust is in Radiance Reborn (Correct me if i'm wrong i'm still at Crescent Beach) I've heard people saying that she was in Radiance Reborn.
Megan Frostflame Level 95

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Megan Frostflame on Apr 26, 2014 wrote:
I am pretty sure Amelia Stardust is in Radiance Reborn (Correct me if i'm wrong i'm still at Crescent Beach) I've heard people saying that she was in Radiance Reborn.
Megan Frostflame Level 95
You are correct Megan, she is in radiance reborn. She will give you a quest and once complete she will have the card symbol above her head.
I completely missed seeing this and had to travel back from Sardoynx when I realised I hadn't gotten my new spell
James Dreamweaver

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I wish there would be a global spell for balance that adds to our attacks like some of the other schools.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Chelseawhisper on May 2, 2014 wrote:
I wish there would be a global spell for balance that adds to our attacks like some of the other schools.
Now there is. If you mean a lower level global, I feel you. Power Play is useless and will probably help the enemy more than you. At the very least, it should be 2 pips.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Chelseawhisper on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Because Balance is always left out.