Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
If you've completed your Crafting tasks for Oztomeca in Three Points in Azteca, and obtained the Crafting Title of Transcendent Crafter, then Oztomeca has a new task for you.

Visit him in Three Points in Azteca to obtain the quest "Way of the Crafter". That quest will send you to Stendill HammerTail in Silent Market, Khrysalis, to continue your training. The quest Stendill HammerTail will give you is (of course) "Stop! HammerTail".

Not looking forward to collecting more Stone Blocks? Never fear! New Reagent Bundles are available in the Crown Shop.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
There are some very nice crafted items! I like the variety of stats on the hats, boots, and robes, and that tree house - wow! Time to level up.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
the hats are good. And the rings,decks and wands are great. but the problem is with the generic boots for the different schools. the damage was increased. but the resist was lowered. ok good trade off but the block was lowered drastically. is there anyway you can increase block or at least give it 93 like what was done with the Azteca boots. it doesn't give much incentive to the players to craft them. as with the crafted hats in Azteca they were only slightly better.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
lightdragonofW101 on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
the hats are good. And the rings,decks and wands are great. but the problem is with the generic boots for the different schools. the damage was increased. but the resist was lowered. ok good trade off but the block was lowered drastically. is there anyway you can increase block or at least give it 93 like what was done with the Azteca boots. it doesn't give much incentive to the players to craft them. as with the crafted hats in Azteca they were only slightly better.
Agreed critical blocking has not risen like with the increase in critical and that is hurting questing and pvp and needs to be offset by some great block boots something that this update seems to be against. Also a major problem is the large amount of damage given to balance from this gear set (2nd only to storm) the amount of which would normally be seen on fire gear but is strangely absent on this update. The underpowering of myth/ fire damage seems to be hurting these schools quite a bit in pvp and questing due to the fact that these schools were designed to deal large amounts of damage but in recent times have not been able to do so because their gear sets have been weakened in damage. No one asked for fire/myth to be nerfed and fire has not been complained about in a long time. Just makes me wonder why this stuff is happening.

Please KingIsle, reconsider balance damage as well as possibly raising fire/myth damage.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
If you've completed your Crafting tasks for Oztomeca in Three Points in Azteca, and obtained the Crafting Title of Transcendent Crafter, then Oztomeca has a new task for you.

Visit him in Three Points in Azteca to obtain the quest "Way of the Crafter". That quest will send you to Stendill HammerTail in Silent Market, Khrysalis, to continue your training. The quest Stendill HammerTail will give you is (of course) "Stop! HammerTail".

Not looking forward to collecting more Stone Blocks? Never fear! New Reagent Bundles are available in the Crown Shop.
Can you please raise up the block rating for the (school)-Ice crafted boots? The ones that give a certain school's damage boost, 6 resist, 79 block and the other stats, normally called the "block boots". With critical rating and damage and armor piercing going way over what we should need ever since Tartarus came out, I feel that we should get defensive stats to match with those. Even with the Teeth of the Lord's Night, we won't have enough block rating to match the criticals.

I'm not trying to ask for too much here, but I think the hats should start giving universal resist now. I mean, we've been able to get up to 30% armor piercing, completely wrecking most wizard's resist. The 70%-110% damage boost trend has also been killing resist lately, and critical rating being at a peak of 600 (now at 700 with the new global spells) has been going through block rating like a hot knife through butter.

So, we need higher block rating, and possibly, just hopefully, a little more resist to go with it. If damage goes up, resist deserves to as well. If critical rating goes up, block rating deserves to be able to get at least close to the number, because this high damage trend has completely closed the most creative strategies ever seen in PvP.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Can we please get a transmute spell or gardening source for turquoise in this update? I won't spend bunches of crowns on "Reagent Bundles" for turquoise either. Turquoise has been needed for crafting since Azteca came out, yet there is still no other source for this reagent other than battles and luck? Sorry, I'm just not a lucky person. My friends laugh in Tartarus when I tell them they stole my turquoise because they always get the drop and I seldom do. When sunstones came out you heard our plea and gave us a transmute and a gardening source for this. When amber was needed you provided us with multple gardening sources for this. It is past time for another source for turquoise.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks devs! There are a lot of nice crafted things this time.

Loremaster can be crafted now! Awesome!

Some of the gear items have wonderful accuracy, which is very welcome.

It looks like the may-cast on the wands has been fixed (no more "will cast" lol) but the stats could still use improvement.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
My question is, what is Comet Tail? How do I come by it? Thanks!

Historian
May 15, 2009
AutumnWindsong on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
when you enter the crescent beach do you see all the little meteorites that are stuck into the dirt and sand? well those are spawn points for the comet tail reagent.

these can be found in many places all over the second half of khrysalis from crescent beach to sardonyx and beyond

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
AutumnWindsong on Apr 24, 2014 wrote:
I spoke to a friend who acquired the Comet Tail reagent in Crescent Beach. It is a spawning reagent laying throughout the area. It also gives the rare reagent Stardust. She did warn that she couldn't get it on her other characters that are not in that zone yet.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2011
How do you turn in the Ornate Burrower Chair? Stendill Hammertail will not accept it. I went to az and picked the quest and got recipe from Stendill Hammertail. Made the chair and now stuck.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I've heard great things about the crafting in KR p2, but one thing I really disagree with is the craftable Loremaster spell. I think since it's a personal spell, it should only be able to be obtained from the person who's spell it is (Sorry if that was confusing). It makes it less pristine/valuable in my opinion now. Just my thoughts, thanks for listening!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
I just noticed that the crafted lvl 96 boots have a great damage, however how is it that all schools have more attack than fire when this school is the second more strong after storm.
Balance 22%
Death 22%
Fire 20%

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
why is it that we can only get krampus treasure card from loremaster? the yuletide pack isn't showing in the crown shop, so loremaster is the ONLY place to get the tc krampus. is it available somewhere else tat is not listed on the web?

Administrator
danielsfl on May 3, 2014 wrote:
why is it that we can only get krampus treasure card from loremaster? the yuletide pack isn't showing in the crown shop, so loremaster is the ONLY place to get the tc krampus. is it available somewhere else tat is not listed on the web?
Loremaster and Krampus Spells can now be crafted by Legendary level crafters! Look for the Loremaster recipe in the Wyrd at Grady in Dun Scaith, and look for Krampus recipe in Mooshu's Shirataki Temple at Master Yan Kan Kook

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 03, 2011
Loremaster and Krampus Spells can now be crafted by Legendary level crafters! Look for the Loremaster recipe in the Wyrd at Grady in Dun Scaith, and look for Krampus recipe in Mooshu's Shirataki Temple at Master Yan Kan Kook

Danielsfl was talking about tcs not spells themselves. The new crafts require tcs that are not available at bazaar and cannot be crafted. There isn't a listing of where these are available from which bosses.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2012
thx for the krampus tip. where can i get sun serpent tc's?

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
seeker0416 is right on the money. not looking for the spells, just a place to get the treasure card of krampus in order to craft the robe offered in khrysalis. only option I am aware of is to farm loremaster for it.
if there is an alternative source, please let us know. Thanks.

Survivor
May 11, 2012
The drop rate for agave nectar is abysmal. I've been to all parts of Azteca trying to find it for the past month or so, and have found plenty of leaves, but no nectar and you can't get the transmute agave nectar until you have finished that quest for the Eagle shield. Either Agave nectar needs to be readily available to those that can't get it, or that transmute agave nectar card needs to be bought forward so it can be used during that quest. All up I have only 2 nectar and am wanting to finish this so I can do the next crafting quest. Please help.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:

I got that crafting quest done .

That quest was a bit easy (maybe way easy to do).

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Everyone searches for Agave Nectar but where can you find it!?!

Sure, you may luck out and find it available for sale at the bazaar; but lots of folks who need this regent, aren't able to transmute agave leaves into agave nectar yet. So what's a crafting wizard able to do; search in areas where Agave leaves are found, because sometimes, Agave Nectar gets dropped too.

Two locations where there is plenty are in Mangrove Marsh in Azetca, and Kondha Desert in Kyrsalis.

1. Mangrove Marsh:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Mangrove_Marsh

Search in the top left area of the map, but watch for mobs that want to pull you into their fights

2. Kondha Desert:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Kondha_Desert

On the far right side of the map near the teleporter, to the middle of the map going away from the teleporter is where you will find lots of agave leaves without encountering any mobs to fight

But Tyler Wildpants, you're crazy, and I can only find agave leave regents in these areas!?!

Yup, you got me, you'll find agave leaves in both areas. But as said in the beginning of this post, when you click on agave leaves, sometimes you also get agave nectar.

Maybe you want to speed up the process, so after you search the area, change realms and start your search over. Continue doing this until you collect the number of regents you require.

Yes, its time consuming, but many players successfully find all the regents they need doing this. And by all means, share faster ways to obtain regents in this forum because there's more than enough for everyone.

I hope this helps you find and obtain agave nectar; good regent hunting!