Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Venture Pals"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Upon venturing to Khrysalis, I met Dyvim WhiteHart. Further questing, it was amazing to find out he can help me in certain duels.

With that, something came up to my mind, and just wanted to share/suggest it.

What if, there were Venture Pals? From the name itself, a friend to come along with you in your adventures throughout the Spiral?

• How do they work?

Similar to Dyvim WhiteHart, wizards could have someone (similar to henchmen) travel along them, whether in duel or not. They will travel along with wizards similar to how pets accompany them. Venture Pals are most likely visible to other wizards, like pets, when you're not riding a mount.

They can bring additional critical rating, block rating, accuracy, etc. They can also fight in duels, and can be commanded through the battle orders section of the menu chat.

With the possibility of getting defeated, they can be healed. If defeated, and unhealed, they can stay in the duel but they're not included in the duel anymore. After the duel, they're be your accompaniment again.

They can also, like pets, be placed in castles or dormitories.

• Where could this possibly acquired?

I'm thinking that this could be bought from the Crown Shop. Maybe it would be better if it can be bought with gold or crafted. Who knows?

• How is this different from HENCHMEN?

Henchmen are temporary, and only works on duels, when defeated, they disappear. Unlike venture pals, they are always with you, wherever you go, it is absolutely helpful in solo duels for spells like those in Azteca.

This idea is still young, maybe there could be a way to improve this?

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
ROBB1005 on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Upon venturing to Khrysalis, I met Dyvim WhiteHart. Further questing, it was amazing to find out he can help me in certain duels.

With that, something came up to my mind, and just wanted to share/suggest it.

What if, there were Venture Pals? From the name itself, a friend to come along with you in your adventures throughout the Spiral?

• How do they work?

Similar to Dyvim WhiteHart, wizards could have someone (similar to henchmen) travel along them, whether in duel or not. They will travel along with wizards similar to how pets accompany them. Venture Pals are most likely visible to other wizards, like pets, when you're not riding a mount.

They can bring additional critical rating, block rating, accuracy, etc. They can also fight in duels, and can be commanded through the battle orders section of the menu chat.

With the possibility of getting defeated, they can be healed. If defeated, and unhealed, they can stay in the duel but they're not included in the duel anymore. After the duel, they're be your accompaniment again.

They can also, like pets, be placed in castles or dormitories.

• Where could this possibly acquired?

I'm thinking that this could be bought from the Crown Shop. Maybe it would be better if it can be bought with gold or crafted. Who knows?

• How is this different from HENCHMEN?

Henchmen are temporary, and only works on duels, when defeated, they disappear. Unlike venture pals, they are always with you, wherever you go, it is absolutely helpful in solo duels for spells like those in Azteca.

This idea is still young, maybe there could be a way to improve this?
I feel like this would turn into companions from pirate101

Survivor
Feb 03, 2014
Agreed because sometimes none of your friends are on you might need help and you might be playing late at night so no one to help you you got the ventral pal to help Good idea we really need some venture friends here in the hard dungeons that you can't beat :)

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
Would be nice to have a Venture Pal. They should cost 5 K Crowns a month for revenune for KI.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
Since P101 had companions, it would be awesome if it was put into W101 too!

Savannah MoonBlossom 29 & Jacqueline ShadowBlade 9

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
But maybe they haven't put them in because we have "pets" or familiars if you wanna get fancy.