Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-21-14

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
A notification somewhere on the screen that tells when a friend logs in or logs out, that way there wouldn't be the hassle of having the friend window open or checking that window all the time.

Hunter IceTalon

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
i've had many friends that wanted me to add their other wizards and i've said that there should be a subdirectory of friends' other wizards,
noah shadow
other wizards
adam dust
matthew hawkblood
blaze fireguy

and maybe a note space to put notes about the friend
that way their other wizards wouldn't take up the entire list lol

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Improve Friends List.. By making two or three star color choices? So maybe best friends gold star. Good helpers another color, One more color for if there a adult, or child player maybe? I usurlaly try to just have adult friends.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I have an idea for an option that I call, universal friends. If you are already friends with someone, you can request them to become universal, which they can decline if they want. When friends become universal, they and all the other wizards on their account are added to the friends list of all other wizards on your account. (assuming all affected friends lists have enough room)

A universal friend will be indicated by a little picture of the spiral after their name on the friends list. If you hover your mouse over this picture of the spiral, you will see a list of all the other wizards on that persons account, so you can keep track.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Having multiple wizards can be very difficult to friend with some one else with multiple wizards. It would be nice to be able you have a central friends list. One add, adds to all characters selected. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Happy Friday, everyone! We're working diligently on the next big thing, but I wanted to pop in and do the usual Feedback Friday, so here we go!

One of the best things about Wizard101 is your friends! Keeping track of all those friends can be a bit daunting, even with 'best friend' stars in our Friends List.

Knowing that we cannot have an unlimited number of friends, how would you improve the Friends List?

Have a fabulous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have quite a few ideas:

1) make icons, next to the wizard's name that show what type of chat the person has, what school the wizard is, and what level they are. This way, at a VERY quick glance, we can see who we want to try to get help from easily. Also, allow us to sort the list by these options as well as by name
3) Allow for more friends per list
4) Separate True Friends onto their own list (which would effectively double the amount of friends you have)
5) Allow grouping of friends based off of account. So if I have 3 wizard friends, all from the same account, find a way to group them together
6) Allow more friends on the list
7) Allow for Starred friends to be on their own list instead of the main list
8) Make way to go back to the main friends listing. What I mean is this: Click a friend, now try to go back to the main listing without hitting the F button. It's impossible. if you hit the X, it closes the window down

That enough for everybody? LOL

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
make it easier to add wizards friends from one wizard to the next like in the old days, by only pushing a couple keys on keyboard

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I think it would be great if we could see wizard levels and the symbol of their school next to their name. The idea of grouping wizards is good also, maybe break friends list into pages/tabs.

Allison Strongblade

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
I agree with all that Amber RavenSong said:

It really would be great if higher levels could have a longer list. I mean most of us have been playing for years and making new friends means giving up old. I would even purchase an elixir for crowns to do that. If that can't happen, or even if it can, it would be so helpful if there was a way to easily see which wizards on our list are no longer active. To make the space making easier. Also, a fix to the way when we remove a wizard, the friend list resets, and we have to go all the way back through the list to get to the next wizard down . Perhaps a system similar to quick sell with boxes to check? That would be awesome. Thanks for asking and thanks for the great game.

It would also be nice to have a "Team Up" temporary list. Just for those you are teaming up with in a dungeon. If you choose to keep the friend, you go the regular route.

Miranda LightSpear

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
  • A search Bar.
  • Being able to see when they were last active.
  • Their level without looking at their profile.
  • An auto remove button instead of going to their profile.
Wow, that would really help. I especially like the search bar idea. That could make it very easy to find your best friend.

Hi Professor! Cole GoldenFlame, Level 36 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
How about having a way that you can put a check mark or some symbol next the friend whom you always venture with; or perhaps group together the ones that you venture with so you don't have to go thru your lists looking for that 1 friend you need to send a message to.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
Ceeline on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
How about having a way that you can put a check mark or some symbol next the friend whom you always venture with; or perhaps group together the ones that you venture with so you don't have to go thru your lists looking for that 1 friend you need to send a message to.
That's what the stars are for.

Hi Professor! Cole GoldenFlame, Level 36 Pyromancer

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Professor Falmea on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Happy Friday, everyone! We're working diligently on the next big thing, but I wanted to pop in and do the usual Feedback Friday, so here we go!

One of the best things about Wizard101 is your friends! Keeping track of all those friends can be a bit daunting, even with 'best friend' stars in our Friends List.

Knowing that we cannot have an unlimited number of friends, how would you improve the Friends List?

Have a fabulous weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
let's also improve how the game sends friend requests. I'm tired of "drive by friendings" where people click on you as you walk past and send a friend request.

They've never met you, haven't talked to you, haven't been in a battle.

The annoying thing is that if you say "no" to that kind of a friend request too quickly, the game resends it.

I'd love to be able to turn off friend requests for people that I haven't been in a battle with in the last 5 minutes and fix the game so it didn't assume I didnt' know what I was doing when I said "no" and send the request again.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Even without being able to have unlimited friends I would still like to be able to have more friends. I have been playing this game for about 5 years. The more long term friends I make the more impossible it is for me to add new friends.

It would also really help to know the last time someone logged in. When trying to decide who to delete I can't always remember every time a particular friend may or may not have been on. It would help to see their last log in date to know if they are still active in the game.

If someone hadn't logged on in a few days or even weeks they may just be busy or on vacation, but if I see someone hasn't logged in, in let's say 6 months, I would choose to remove them over someone else.

Thank you!
Angela ShadowGarden

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
1- Longer list. I'm active in two guilds. One has 41 members, the other 22. All have more than one wizard, and some have more than one account. Just the people I interact with every week fills my list and then some. I realize it can't be unlimited, but more would help.

2- Notes next to names. I doubt this will happen, but it would be great. Next best would be icons or color codes, so at least I could sort/mark/group people by guild or level or area.

3- add by account option. I have 5 wiz on my main. My best friend has 5 on hers. As it is now, each of mine has to add each of hers if we want to have full contact. That takes a lot of time & ports. It would be nice to have an "add all" option where i could have all of her chars on all of mine.

4- new names & name changes. The list of names is pretty short. we could use more options. It would be handy to have a re-name option too.

5- "last-active" and auto-delete. There are a few old friends I haven't seen in months, but i keep on in case they drop back in. Some do from time to time, but it would help to know those who have been banned, deleted, or permanently left the game so I don't waste list spots on them. If someone is perm b& or deletes a char, it should go off our list. If someone hasn't been on in say, 6th months, there should be a "??" icon, or such, so we can decide if we want to keep them.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
This idea is simillar to the E-Mail delete

You click on a tab that says "Remove Friends" and it pops up "Are you sure you want to remove these friends?" After you have clicked the players you want to remove and then POOF, inactive or unkind friends gone.

I have plenty of inactive friends, so I want this idea so I can have some more friends when I get on w101.

And there is a "Remove all" option, and it will ask you three times for that.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
The ability to tag someone as a really good friend which automatically adds all of that persons characters to the friends list.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
1- Longer list. I'm active in two guilds. One has 41 members, the other 22. All have more than one wizard, and some have more than one account. Just the people I interact with every week fills my list and then some. I realize it can't be unlimited, but more would help.

2- Notes next to names. I doubt this will happen, but it would be great. Next best would be icons or color codes, so at least I could sort/mark/group people by guild or level or area.

3- add by account option. I have 5 wiz on my main. My best friend has 5 on hers. As it is now, each of mine has to add each of hers if we want to have full contact. That takes a lot of time & ports. It would be nice to have an "add all" option where i could have all of her chars on all of mine.

4- new names & name changes. The list of names is pretty short. we could use more options. It would be handy to have a re-name option too.

5- "last-active" and auto-delete. There are a few old friends I haven't seen in months, but i keep on in case they drop back in. Some do from time to time, but it would help to know those who have been banned, deleted, or permanently left the game so I don't waste list spots on them. If someone is perm b& or deletes a char, it should go off our list. If someone hasn't been on in say, 6th months, there should be a "??" icon, or such, so we can decide if we want to keep them.
3) yup, I like this one, and it's been asked before. perhaps a new list would be needed for account name vs wizard name, but this idea has merit, just gotta figure out the logistics

4) yup, there needs to be an infusion of new name molds. Perhaps having more royalty names like the bruce (aka Robert the Bruce), etc

5) absolutely, there should be a much better way for us to manage our lists. I'd even take an "auto purge after 6 months idle" type of thing (though that would need to be used cautiously)

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Ok, I have thought for this awhile and a post finally came! Well, it is hard trying to count your friends manually, can there be a friend counter like in our bank, attic, backpack, and house?

Administrator
These are wonderful suggestions, folks! I'll pass these on to the staff and we'll keep these in mind for the future! A new Feedback Friday is coming up shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea