Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Winterbane/Pagoda team-up

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I like the new "team-up" feature that has been added. There have many requests for a "LFG" tool,and it's nice to see KI finally listened. It needs to go one-step further however,and include the player purchased Pagoda/Winterbane dungeons. I have seen many a childs excitement over receiving them turn to depression when they realize the nightmare of trying to find groups for them. Doing this may also generate more interest in these bundles,and generate more sales for KI. I see no downside to this suggestion,does anyone else?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Putting your house in the tours helps with this somewhat. It also allows all your friends to use it when you are offline. Though I do agree though that adding the teamup would be a nice addition.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
There actually would probably be a downside to having a "Team Up" option for winterbane especially, simply because the difficulty of the gauntlet is scaled the the weakest player entering. That would be a kind of let-down for a high level wizard if he/she wanted to do a hard version of bane for the drops and then it turned out to be incredibly easy with nonvaluable drops because they got teamed with a low level wizard.
At least I know I would find that a little annoying.
The reason this isn't a problem for regular dungeons is that you have to be a certain level to enter a specific dungeon, so you can be assured that someone fighting with you in a Celestia dungeon is at least level 44, etc.
-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Intrepidatius on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
I like the new "team-up" feature that has been added. There have many requests for a "LFG" tool,and it's nice to see KI finally listened. It needs to go one-step further however,and include the player purchased Pagoda/Winterbane dungeons. I have seen many a childs excitement over receiving them turn to depression when they realize the nightmare of trying to find groups for them. Doing this may also generate more interest in these bundles,and generate more sales for KI. I see no downside to this suggestion,does anyone else?
well i can find a few cons

-team wont work because there are different level teirs so if the first person in is 95 and everyone else is 20
there gonna be destroyed.

-next people already finished it that's why its hard to find groups.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The only issue would be that there are hundreds? of pagodas and winterbanes out there, unlike dungeons where there are just one. Could be a bit of a coding difficulty to overcome, otherwise a great idea.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Sounds reasonable, just trying to think of logistics since they are player owned items, and not public dungeon area, how would one group if one doesn't have a gauntlet.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The Wyrm on Mar 16, 2014 wrote:
well i can find a few cons

-team wont work because there are different level teirs so if the first person in is 95 and everyone else is 20
there gonna be destroyed.

-next people already finished it that's why its hard to find groups.
Your first reason makes no sense, if the 95 got matched with them they would be fighting the lower level tier.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2014
Don't get me wrong, when I re-joined Wizard101 this month, my favorite new feature was team up. This made the game a lot easier for anyone who doesn't have a large friend list or has menu chat. To add to this feature, I would suggest when another player's name pops up in team up, to list not just their name and school, but their level. This allows characters who want to be with higher levels to back out quickly instead of ditching others once inside the dungeon. I understand that this might limit lower levels from being included in dungeons, so my idea needs work.
Another idea would be to request a certain school/level during team up. I recently did Mount Olympus with 3 pyromancers and I; the lone diviner. This became frustrating because they helped cast traps/blades for each other while I was left to fend for myself. Requesting a school would allow characters to match up with their own school, or have help from balance or life, or whatever.
Katie Smith level 33

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Yeah. I hate being pared up with low level guys for the loremaster

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I would love to see those features added, but it seems that no one wants to use the button. I always feel stuck there for about two or three minutes, waiting for someone that will never come. (doesn't the underlined part sound like poetry?)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Miranda Dreamsong on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
I would love to see those features added, but it seems that no one wants to use the button. I always feel stuck there for about two or three minutes, waiting for someone that will never come. (doesn't the underlined part sound like poetry?)
I know what you mean. I was in Celestia doing a dungeon but nobody came. It's simple why really. Some dungeons are more popular than others, such as the Loremaster, Mount Olympus, Tartarus, Etc. compared to less popular dungeons.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
I would really like to be able to mark dungeons so when some requests a "team up" I can go join, maybe a message with a port button pops up (like the characters do). I am having trouble finding people to complete dungeons with.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Myself i think that team up is a good idea because i solo most stuff when i can. When i come up to a real hard dungeon for like example the gallaries or farming like morganthe that are too hard to take on my own. So that is when i really make the team up option really useful to me.
May the fire shine bright
Austin Firecaster Exalted Pyromancer

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I have never personally needed to do this. And I'm a Storm! But my life friend, Rylee, helps me occassionally. Anyway. I think this would be a great addition to the game, as it would be easier to fight with someone that has a school you can cooperate with well. And level is highly important! A level one in Mt. Olympus? Nopes..

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
with the exception of a very few major dungeons, team up is not very popular on most dungeons and there are not enough people using them for this.
-Adam Seafist/Adam Dawnstalker lvl100

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Moria0780 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
I would really like to be able to mark dungeons so when some requests a "team up" I can go join, maybe a message with a port button pops up (like the characters do). I am having trouble finding people to complete dungeons with.
This. The main weakness of team up is that you can't do ANYTHING while you wait for someone else to hit team up.

That said, I really appreciate KI adding this feature, which players have been asking for for years.