Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-14-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! I'm back from my trip South - it was nice to get some sun, and I seem to have brought at least a bit back with me, as we're enjoying some pretty nice weather this week. And, on top of that, it's Friday, and time for another discussion topic!

This week, we added Team Up! and Dungeon Recall to the game. Today, I'd like to ask everyone: Have you teamed up or recalled to a dungeon yet? If so, what do you think? We've heard lots of rumblings around the Spiral that it's helped folks greatly with dungeons out there, and we think it will come in handy with future content that may be... quite difficult.

Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Hello and I am glad you enjoyed your trip. Moving on to the dungeon recall thing, I love the dungeon recall and resume system; however, I am not much on the team up option, I am sure it would be amazing, but I can't seem to find players for it. On Katzenstein's Lab I waited for around 15-20 mins and found one player whom left right when he joined the queue. Other than that, I love everything.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I love it! I only wish we could move around while we were waiting for more people to join the Team Up! queue, kind of like the way we can wait for PvP matches while still being able to do other things.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
is a great updated for sure, no have the problem to enter a dungeon alone when you need too is super 5 stars guys

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Professor Falmea on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! I'm back from my trip South - it was nice to get some sun, and I seem to have brought at least a bit back with me, as we're enjoying some pretty nice weather this week. And, on top of that, it's Friday, and time for another discussion topic!

This week, we added Team Up! and Dungeon Recall to the game. Today, I'd like to ask everyone: Have you teamed up or recalled to a dungeon yet? If so, what do you think? We've heard lots of rumblings around the Spiral that it's helped folks greatly with dungeons out there, and we think it will come in handy with future content that may be... quite difficult.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I have used it and absolutely love it ... waiting patiently for part 2 to come out

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Dungeon Recall I have never used so I can not say.

Team up though, I love the search function for finding members and auto-entering a dungeon when four people are entered but I hate that you can not move while in queue for Team up. Its a considerable waste when waiting near dungeons like in Krokotopia cause people don't do those often, cause I actually took a timer and waited one half hour before I gave up since no one joined in the queue and this was at noon est. And I want to spend my time doing gardening and other stuff while waiting to be entered for a team up. If this was meant to happen please let me know Lydia or Falmea, cause then I have a question why is pvp allowed to have mobility in queue and team up is not allowed?

Community Leader
I think that Team Up is really great for players that come back after a long hiatus or are just starting out. It helps them to get a solid list of active friends and it helps struggling players with small friend lists get quick help for most instances. I haven't used it myself as I have a full list of active players, but I think it's a fantastic addition to the game.

Dungeon Recall is amazing with a capital "A". I can count many a Waterworks run where I have lost my party due to some random player entering at the last minute. Dungeon Recall allows me to quickly rejoin my party with no hassle whatsoever.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Love the recall button, very helpful in dungeons like Tartarus.

Tried Team up but couldn't find someone else doing the dungeon.

I do have one comment off topic, The portal in the Bastion that goes to Tyrian Gorge is titled Moon Cliffs and takes you to the beginning of Tyrian Gorge and not to the portal in the middle of the Gorge.

Overall, just keep up the good work.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010

Well, to be honest Professor Falmea, or teacher, I still find it hard to use Team Up, even though it seems like a cool feature, some people (including me) still have a hard time finding people to enter the dungeon. I need a popular dungeon, (ones that are at the end of a world for example) in order to find people. Thanks!

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Team up doesn't always work, especially for my lower level wizards in more obscure dungeons. I tried it for Hades and ended up with an Interesting team, lol. All in all my rating is, good in a pinch but it is still better to have friends.

Dungeon recall is pure 100% awesome. Used it in Khrysalis the other day for the first time and about gave my friend a heart attack. He was SO happy that it worked and I was able to quickly return to our battle. Phew! XD

Awesome work guys!

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I think the Team Up feature is great, its great for doing dungeons like the Water Works.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
As a matter of fact it did! A storm person and my death were both having trouble with a dungeon in Khrysalis, we found each other via "team up" and we beat that dungeon. Thanks for listening to all the requests for this feature!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Im not sure I see the difference between Team Up and simply hanging around a dungeon entrance waiting for someone else to show up? You can't leave the dungeon area, you can't move around, so it makes it basically the same as just hanging around waiting.

I was hoping Team Up would be more like the Pet Races, where you ask to join, and are put in a queue and can go about your business till you have a race ready.

If Im missing something here, please let me know?

Alura WinterWeaver -

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Personally, I think Team Up! and Dungeon Recall are one of the most important additions to the Spiral.

Though I haven't used Team Up! yet, I can sense the huge importance it brings when there are no wizards around you in your current realm. Though it could be better if we could move or do any other things while waiting.

As for Dungeon Recall, I've used it a couple of times now, specifically when getting defeated at boss duels. Going back to the dungeon has never been easier! I believe it's very important in long dungeons, in the event of disconnection, defeat, or any other else, there's a quick way to continue one's adventures. It also remedies the annoyance felt by some people (including me) when their dungeon progress gets reset when entering a sigil.

Overall, this update is very useful.

Thank you for 'magically' finding ways in improving the game.

"Magic is everywhere, all you have to do is believe."

Robert EmeraldPyre, Archmage
Robert StormSword, Grandmaster
Robert MythFinder, Initiate

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I greatly appreciate the Team Up option in game. It enabled me to find people to do Tower of the Helephant quickly, whereas I might have waited up to 30 minutes!

Administrator
AluraWinterWeaver on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Im not sure I see the difference between Team Up and simply hanging around a dungeon entrance waiting for someone else to show up? You can't leave the dungeon area, you can't move around, so it makes it basically the same as just hanging around waiting.

I was hoping Team Up would be more like the Pet Races, where you ask to join, and are put in a queue and can go about your business till you have a race ready.

If Im missing something here, please let me know?

Alura WinterWeaver -
Team Up! draws from people on -all- realms, not just the realm you are standing it. There may be someone waiting at the beginning of the same dungeon, but they're on another realm so you wan't see them - Team Up! sees them, and teams them up with you!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Team Up! draws from people on -all- realms, not just the realm you are standing it. There may be someone waiting at the beginning of the same dungeon, but they're on another realm so you wan't see them - Team Up! sees them, and teams them up with you!
Lydia this isn't what she and also I meant, we mean it is we are unable to move when we are in the queue and its rather annoying. We want to be more productive while we wait in the Team Up status window, similar to how Pet Derby and Pvp does it. It seems a waste of time when I sit around with the queue right in front of my face for a half hour with no one showing up and I can not do jack. I even timed one encounter with the team up feature and gave up at 31 minutes and 49 seconds cause no one shown up and the entire time I could not move. That's how angry I am with this new feature, before I am to like it I want mobility during the queue.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I haven't used Team Up yet, but the recall and just 'resume' when standing on the sigil are fantastic. No more marking needed!

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Starblood653 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
I love it! I only wish we could move around while we were waiting for more people to join the Team Up! queue, kind of like the way we can wait for PvP matches while still being able to do other things.
I agree. Like the pet derby and pvp matches, it should be in the top corner and you click on it to see the status. Then, you do not have to stand around forever waiting for someone, who might not even come.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Team Up! and Dungeon Recall are fantastic additions to the game. I have enjoyed them both in live realm already.

Team Up! will not only help those of us who have been playing the game for years, it will help newcomers find assistance when needed. I remember when I was starting out and had trouble with the big bosses. Sometimes they can be so difficult to defeat.

Dungeon Recall will help me mostly when I do silly things like accidentally hit the end key on my laptop and accidentally port to the commons. Also, when I run out of Mana or forget to add a Prism. It will be nice to go back and get things I need for battle.

Thank you so much for adding them to the game!! We <3 Team Up! and Dungeon Recall!!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
I used the team up and resume dungeon on the tower of the helephant and when I completed it I got way more XP than the quest said and I didn't get a badge!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Yes, I did it in Waterworks, and my only complaint is the 2:00 wait. I think that all players need to press a ready button, then they go to the dungeon.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011

started using Dungeon recall the second it was available on the game.

Works well, but I'd like to see it put me back into the room I was in, not just back at the start of the dungeon. Some dungeons are pretty long and if I have a group waiting for me to get back, they could easily be dying while I'm running (all the way up big ben... all the way through sunken city avoiding all the mobs we didn't fight the first time... etc) back.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Team up is a good idea, but would be MUCH more effective if it worked like a PvP/Derby queue so we could move/quest/chat/garden/etc while waiting. People try to use it, but get bored and quit before they find a team.

There should be a menu chat option for "Use the team-up button to join".

During the countdown, the other player(s) names on the team box should become clickable so we can talk with them & see stats/gear even if they are on another realm. It's nice that we can see name and school of teammate(s) but it would be even better if we could spend the countdown time making a plan.

Recall seems to work well.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I agree with everyone who posted that they would like to have the ability to move around while waiting for a team up to happen. I admire the patience of the people who waited a half an hour to find a team up. I would never wait that long. I have tried to use it about 35 times with all of my wizards in various worlds and dungeons and have only been teamed up once. I was beginning to think that it just was available on couple of dungeons even though the button appears on so many.