Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question for KI

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Is there ever going to be a fix for the PvP turn system?
I don't care if the answer is no. I hope it's yes, but if no at least I can move onto other games that are more worth my time.

I think Wizard101 is a great game and has potential to be one of the best MMORPG's, but the broken PvP is preventing it from being this. I can put up with things like unbalances gear like Jade and Hades because I think the balance will be restored eventually, but this unfair turn advantage has been around from the very beginning. I can't believe it still hasn't been fixed yet.

I understand that your main player base is for the adventure of PvE, but you need to stop neglecting PvP or you will lose your competitive player base.

I have had great hope for this game. It would be perfect if not for these unnecessary problems that are preventing it.
Please KI just give us an answer.

Sincerely a player that is tired of putting up with a flawed PvP system and is done waiting for a fix.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
I think king isle already fixed it though. If they haven't they will.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
kymma shadow on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I think the original poster was referring to the turn-based advantage going first always has in most cases. Other turn-based combat systems alternate every action, not every turn. So player 1 chooses and casts...Player 2 sees the cast and chooses spell and casts. This would allow all players to see the other players action and react. It would prevent blindly attacking in shields and such, but it would also limit strategy and make some spells like bequile totally obsolete.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
Kingsisle has never made a fair fix to the turn system in what, 5 years? I don't know what makes you think that they'd make one now. The only slight "fix" they made to the turn system was to give the player in second an extra pip, which does not really help much at all. In most matches, an extra pip first turn is not life or death, while being able to see everything your opponent does and being able to adapt to it can. The turn system would probably be fairly easy to fix, a fair system is in Pirate101 currently where the turns for each team are separate, allowing each team to see what the other team did in their previous turn and make a decision off of that.