Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
It is no secret that the Waterworks dungeon is getting old now and that getting the still amazing Waterworks gear is a pain to get so what I want to see happen an hope can and will is for Waterworks gear to be added to the crown shop or at the very least at a boss chest to each of the bosses so if you don't get the gear you can pay crowns to get another set of items that Sylster or Luska drop to get Waterworks gear a lot faster.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Farming Waterworks is a milestone in the game. I never want to see Waterworks gear for sale. It should be earned.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
They will not, ever put the WW gear up for crowns.

It makes no monetary sense to do it.
Right now, if you're not a membership player, you have to buy or rent waterworks with crowns, just for the chance to play through and get the drops... eventually.

If they put the set up for crowns, you'd just buy them and be done with it.
They'd lose on everyone renting it, or buying the dungeon.

They already put the mastery amulets up, the only thing left to farm for is the Gear.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
I am a paying member and have been for the past 5 years I just think that they should make it easier to get like putting it in the crown shop, giving the bosses a chest to spend crowns to give another item or at the very least make them more common I have done Waterworks 147 times and not gotten my robe which I think is ridiculous and so I think they need to make it easier.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Talon,

I wasn't actually saying you were a non member...

Just that the money being made from the non members on these items and this dungeon, is most likely well above what they'd make from putting the items in a second chance chest, or in the crown shop.

The wintertusk gear is very comparible to the WW gear. Just go to Sudriland, and check it out.
Relatively easy to craft, only LvL 58, adn the three pieces combined give you a blade, a trap and a global on top of the bonuses that compare closely to WW...

I believe this was KI's way of allowing for people to be close to WW gear, without having to farm for it.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Dakota Death on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Farming Waterworks is a milestone in the game. I never want to see Waterworks gear for sale. It should be earned.
I agree with you. Waterworks is potentially the best non-Crowns gear in the game, second to the Hades gear. My Level 85 Balance wizard is almost entirely a solo player, and I think the reason it's been going so well is because of the great all-around coverage offered by Waterworks gear. While crafting gear has become of much higher quality from Celestia onwards, the gear usually lacks in one area, often Pip chance or Defense, and I often find myself going back to my Waterworks gear. Putting the gear up on the Crowns shop ruins the excitement you get upon seeing your Waterworks gear drop after one of the bosses, and frankly, if the gear went up for Crowns, the dungeon itself has no point, as Mastery Amulets are already on Crowns Shop.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
SporeDemigod on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
I agree with you. Waterworks is potentially the best non-Crowns gear in the game, second to the Hades gear. My Level 85 Balance wizard is almost entirely a solo player, and I think the reason it's been going so well is because of the great all-around coverage offered by Waterworks gear. While crafting gear has become of much higher quality from Celestia onwards, the gear usually lacks in one area, often Pip chance or Defense, and I often find myself going back to my Waterworks gear. Putting the gear up on the Crowns shop ruins the excitement you get upon seeing your Waterworks gear drop after one of the bosses, and frankly, if the gear went up for Crowns, the dungeon itself has no point, as Mastery Amulets are already on Crowns Shop.
Waterworks for its level is much better than Hades, and much of it is better period. Other than that I agree with everything you said in your post.

Waterworks gear should never be sold for crowns. I hope there will be a unique level 100 set like that :)

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
People putting it in the crowns shop was only one of my suggestions I also said to add a boss chest and in my comment added just right out making it more common of a drop not an actual common drop just more common than it is because on my death wizard it took exactly 149 WW runs to get my robe which let's be honest is completely an utterly ridiculous and should not happen all I really want is WW gear to be a bit easier to get I was simply suggesting a few ideas and ways to do so and was not in anyway saying they should do it just to not put in the effort because as you can tell by the fact that I did the dungeon 149 times I have no problem with giving the effort or time I just think there is no need for it to take as long as it took me.