Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
I have noticed there is a main quest in every world to get to a different world I hade no idea what section to put this in anyway I think when someone is on a new quest to a different world go on with that quest so if you want to get through a world faster try and remember this

brooke spirit hunter level 42 ice student

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes there is a main quest line, and it does move you on to later worlds. So you can get to new worlds "faster" by only doing the main quest lines. However, if you only focus on the main quest and not the side quests, two things happen:

1) After a while you will discover that the new worlds are too hard for you, because you have not leveled up and got the benefits of XP and added spell power from side quests.
2) You will have a lot of unfinished side quests to come back to -- and for these the reverse of #1 will occur: you will be overpowered for the side quests of earlier worlds, which makes them a little boring to do.

So "faster" is not always "better" when it comes to moving on in the Spiral. Each world has a lot of great stuff in it. Why not enjoy the world you are in?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
yea I do that but half the time I forget which quest it is

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Faster is not always better in this case. You don't want to rush through the game or you will get to a point where you are too low of a level to move on. Take your time, do side quests and have fun!

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Okay, let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, a theurgist name Vanessa Rainbowpetal was battling Malistaire. She was level 46 when she and her team defeated him. Vanessa was horribly underleved... needing two more levels to advance to Celestia. She grew sick and tired of the side quests she had to do, but eventually she got to level 48 and went to Celestia. She had learned her lesson, but after finishing Trial of the Spheres, she STILL had exp that was needed to advance, this time, it took only re-doing an instance dungeon for her to level up and become level 60. Vanessa went to Zafaria, and became extremely addicted to doing side quest. She couldn't stop, and was constantly restraining herself so that she could do main quest. Now, she is in Avalon happily, with an average level. :)

I had learned my lesson the very hard way... and I must say, I am much happier that I spent the time to do side quest... So, if you don't want to end up the way I did... You know what to do.

~ Vanessa

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
RavenLady777 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Faster is not always better in this case. You don't want to rush through the game or you will get to a point where you are too low of a level to move on. Take your time, do side quests and have fun!
he or she can play the game they want they can use help ever heard of friends

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
coolguy2170 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
he or she can play the game they want they can use help ever heard of friends
No one said they couldn't. We are trying to HELP. I don't see a post from you offering advice; only an attack on me who is trying to HELP.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
RavenLady777 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
No one said they couldn't. We are trying to HELP. I don't see a post from you offering advice; only an attack on me who is trying to HELP.
i know but ever Here of henchmen or minions did you forget them or being good at solos

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
RavenLady777 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
i know do they have minions or do you have a minion well i am helping to

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I personally am a member of the "faster is better" crowd and skip all side quests until needed. It's pretty much impossible to lose your main quest if you skip sides. That said, it's also impossible to make it past Dragonspyre if you don't do side quests. I finish Dragonspyre at level 45 when I solo a wizard. You need to be level 48 to get to Celestia, so ignoring all sides just backs you up. You still need to go back and do a lot of them just to make it to Celestia and then again to move on to Zafaria. That said, I accept all quests, because side quests get completed in course of normal combat anyways. Accept all quests but stay on the main storyline.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
well it is true the worlds will be to hard for you but im in mooshu and have teleported to some friends in drangonsprye and done some side quests so for drangonsprye I think im ready but I know what is to come like fighting malistre I have doe that already lol

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
you can play the game how you wanted i did loads of side quest on my storm he is lvl 47 in the grand chasm

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
You will level up faster and progress through the game faster if you stick to only doing the main storyline. The only issue is that, although you will level up faster, you will not be appropriately leveled when you advance to the next world. My method for running through a character is this, and I find it to be very efficient:

-Skip all side quests, just don't even pick them up unless it's a quest from your teacher for a new spell.
-Upon finishing Dragonspyre, go back and take the quest to go through Grizzleheim, and complete that world. The experience will be garbage but you will acquire good gear and this leads to the real XP gains.
-Once you finish Grizzleheim, (remember to stick ONLY to the storyline quests) go through Wintertusk.
-After finishing Wintertusk, you should be well prepared to move through Celestia because even if you didn't take any side quests prior to doing it, the XP you acquire from Wintertusk will put you out ahead.

You can also do all dungeons twice for extra XP. The first time you will obviously get full XP, and the second time it will be halved; from then on you will receive no XP. I recommend doing any dungeon in Krokotopia and beyond twice for the bonus XP, because doing this is another easy way to keep up with your levelling as you quickly progress through the game. Hope this helps!

-Aerier