Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is the lambrynth the longest dungeon?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I started using the dungeon warning to see the estimated times and when I went in for stone rose, it said two hours and thirty minutes or something like that. But in comparison the dungeon Waterworks got two hours and Tower of the Helephant got about an hour and a half. And Xilbalba THE FINAL dungeon of Azteca only got an hour and a half. Why is it so much longer?

Level 95
Level 73

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, it has a posted time that is longer than most, but it is not the longest dungeon. In later worlds I think they started underestimating the amount of time it takes to finish. In the earlier worlds the time estimates seemed to be much more realistic.

Of course, how long a dungeon takes a wizard actually depends on their level, abilities, equipment, pets, and the group they are with -- so times can vary quite a bit in any given dungeon.

Xibalba is by far the longest dungeon I have done (around four hours solo, with henchmen, and I have heard of it taking anywhere from less than the posted time for really high-powered groups to six hours or so solo).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Well, it has a posted time that is longer than most, but it is not the longest dungeon. In later worlds I think they started underestimating the amount of time it takes to finish. In the earlier worlds the time estimates seemed to be much more realistic.

Of course, how long a dungeon takes a wizard actually depends on their level, abilities, equipment, pets, and the group they are with -- so times can vary quite a bit in any given dungeon.

Xibalba is by far the longest dungeon I have done (around four hours solo, with henchmen, and I have heard of it taking anywhere from less than the posted time for really high-powered groups to six hours or so solo).
I would disagree on pretty much all points except that it depends on the wizard/group. Xibalba took me less than 2 hours solo with no henchmen, so I find 6 hours a bit of a stretch. The Labyrinth also isn't a very long dungeon. The reason it's posted higher times on low level dungeons is actually pretty obvious. The times are based on low level players being able to finish within that time. Xibalba says 1.5 hours but it takes less than an hour with a party. It's no longer than Mirror Lake. Same number of battles.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It's long, but at the level you get the quests Big Ben, Mali, Nastrond, Warehouse, Atlantea, or Waterworks might take as long or longer.

Xi is brutal thing to solo, but with a good team it's pretty quick, maybe 35 to 45 minutes.