Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis Part 2 Theory

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
I was thinking about Khrysalis Part 2 for awhile and I've been speculating the story of that part for awhile. This is just my theory on what's to come and could be completely wrong then what's planned.

We know what the new areas are of Khrysalis Part 2 will be (well, that is if you finished the majority of the world, otherwise this might be a good time to turn back if you're not fond of spoilers). I think the story will take a more "fast-paced" approach with a pretty straightforward layout.

Crescent Beach, I would bet, is the Umbra Legion's "port" and where they deliver all the supplies from the Archna's home to Fort Rachias. It would seem to me, the Wizard, Dyvim, Zarozinia, and Magolia will team up again (or at least Dyvim) and cause some havoc in Crescent Beach as well as take some of the weapons there to use for a possible army King Pyat may have assembled while we were in Fort Rachias. Either way, the objective is to stop or stall further intrusions of the Umbra Legion. Then we are faced with getting across the Starfall Sea.

I'm on the fence about the Starfall Sea from a reader's stand point. After Crescent Beach, we'll either A.) steal one of the "horseshoe crab boats?" we saw in the concept picture in the February Newsletter (I don't know what those are) and just go straight to the Iron Gates, or B.) "destroy" the boats and use the Dying Star Stone to find a hidden passage into the sea and go to the ruins of the Radiant Alcazar and purify the Shadow Magic that has afflicted the sea-dwellers (or ghosts) down there (which in turn should stop the impeding storm and whirlwinds of the Starfall Sea). I'm hoping this area is a dungeon more than anything. Then off to the Iron Gates!

The Iron Gates is the main defense of the Umbra Legion. I would think we'd meet a new Warlord here and probably have to wreak a little more havoc and scrabble battle plans. I would think, like the Tyrian Gorge, a major marine armada is being housed here. The headquaters of the Fifth Column could also be here, who will help us stop Morganthe.

The Kondha Desert, once the Kondha Forest until burned down by Morganthe, is meerly steps from the Shadow Palace. I believe this is the home of the corrupted Solar Arc. Like the Eclipse Tower, purify it will restore the Desert, but it will not be easy as this will be the most defended area and where many Warlords dwell. I'd assume this area holds the most lore about Khrysalis. We might meet some friendlier Archna, or new Burrower faces, who used to call the Kondha Forest home.

The Shadow Palace will be the biggest challenge yet, and where Morganthe will really stack all the cards against us. It is also, obviously, where we'll "defeat" Morganthe ('noticed the "or is it?" hints?). Many shocking answers will be revealed here and the secrets of the Spider Magi.

I'm not sure about what the Celestial Heavens are or it's purpose or if it even exists, but it seems important. I think it holds a major plot twist. We'll see what happens.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Not a bad theory. But I think we are going to be stripped of our spells and may have to rely on shadow magic. When we completed the first part of Khrysalis one of the thing Morganthe DID say was, "I will strip you of your spells soon enough!"

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I agree on the point where you say we may not fight Morganthe it could easily we join up with her to fight the corrupt council of light, I easily see Kingsisle putting a plot twist like that in there.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
I agree on the point where you say we may not fight Morganthe it could easily we join up with her to fight the corrupt council of light, I easily see Kingsisle putting a plot twist like that in there.
I never said we may not fight Morganthe and I think you're giving me credit I can't claim. I wasn't the one who brought up the idea to battle a corrupted Council of Light.
And it would kinda stink (even to the writers) that after going through 5 worlds and coming so far we don't fight Morganthe. We more than likely will be fighting Morganthe...and it won't be easy.

However, when I said "defeat", I'm going under the impression that KI does not intend to "kill-off" Morganthe in Khrysalis. I think we will battle and defeat her, but like Malistaire, she may return somewhere else down the line. All I can say is that these mini "or is it?" and "leaving on an unexpected note" hints, drive me to believe that this isn't the last of Morganthe and that there may be someone we didn't expect pulling all the strings.

Like KI says, Khrysalis will rock Wizard101.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
My theory would be that there is an underwater area.

Think about it- all of the worlds in the second arc have one (counting Mirror Lake as an area), and Khysalis part one did not.

Also, I bet KI will add a mount, and I hope they add some more pets.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Here is my theory on how the areas of the second half will shape up to be:

Crescent Beach- Divided by the Starfall Sea, containing the two halves of Crescent Beach: the side as seen from Fort Rachias and the side that is in "Arachna".

"Arachna"- The area of Khrysalis where Morganthe's "Shadow-Web" is located along with the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desertand of course the heart of the Shadow Web, Morganthe's Shadow Palace.

Starfall Sea- It contains a underwater pool which is filled astral magic in its original form as a liquid. The area is underwater and is mostly in ruins. Magalia Spiritcaller also states at the end of part 1: "Your path to face the Shadow Queen will take you over Crescent Beachand across the Starfall Sea. I do not know exactly how you will cross that baleful ocean, but you already have the most important piece of that puzzle. Beyond the Starfall Sealies the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desertand the heart of the Shadow Web: Morganthe's Shadow Palace." This area will also contain the Radiant Alcazar.

Iron Gates- 2 sets of gates made of iron that block the way into and out of the Khonda Desert and the entrance to Morganthe's Shadow Palace. No enemies here and it is just a set of gates.

Khonda Desert- As Cunning Finnigan has already stated, this used to be a forest until Morganthe burnt it to the ground as she did in the Last Wood. We are faced with getting across but there is no easy way across as constant sandstorms and patrols plague the area.

Morganthe's Shadow Palace- We arrive here and successfully get inside. But once inside, old enemies await from past worlds. Tse-Tse Snaketail from Zafaria, and Yacate Farwalker from Azteca are there to stop us. In a twist of fate, Belloq shows up and helps us defeat them. We then face off with Morganthe and right at the end of the duel, Malistare the Undying comes flying in and lands on Morganthe! He then tells us that he now understands that Morganthe is the true enemy, and realizes that summoning the dragon titan would have been the death of him as well...

Survivor
Nov 29, 2011
What if, in the final dungeon, Merle Ambrose ports in to assist you, but later, Morganthe somehow mind controls him and you have to fight him? Just a thought.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
Doesn't anybody else get the feeling the Storm Titan has a part in this? We've already confronted the Dragon (Fire) Titan and Ymir the Ice Titan. It seems fitting that the Storm Titan plays a role in Morganthe's attempted conquest to "rewrite" the spiral in her own way, with the Storm Titan as her minion. This would be just like Malistaire tried to make the Dragon Titan be controlled and bring back Sylvia, then we have the Coven trying to bring the Everwinter upon the Spiral with Ymir.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
i have my own thoughts about this

1. The Iron Gates----maybe the iron gate are in the middle of the star fall sea and the dying star t\stone is the key into the iron gate
  2. The Star Fall Sea---- the way i see it, maybe the star fall sea is split into 3 part by one giant star stone and each titian is in one of the 3 parts. They are enraged be morganthe's dark magic and YOU have to calm them down and in return the help when you call them.
  3. The Konda Forest----it is burnt down and you have to restore it BUT you don't know how. As you think of way to do this task the storm titan offer to bring rain to the forest and put out the fires and the rain has special power and speed grows all the plant
  4. The Konda Desert---- the desert is a dry barren but very thick with debris and you find it very hard to get through. The fire titan shows up and offers his flame to clear the way.
  5. The Outer Shadow Palace----(i believe that there is 2 parts to the palace) there is warlords every where and there is too many the ice titan will offer his frost to freeze the to held get through.
  6. The Inner Shadow Palace----you see morganthe and decide to confront her then she raises up and stripes you of your magic. all you have is rank 1-4 spells.
  7. The Aftermath----after that is all done you see a little girl scared and help less (I would like to hear what you guys want the little girl to say) you leave for Head master ambrose and there is a new enemy arch thank for reading Ben Lifehand

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
I never said we may not fight Morganthe and I think you're giving me credit I can't claim. I wasn't the one who brought up the idea to battle a corrupted Council of Light.
And it would kinda stink (even to the writers) that after going through 5 worlds and coming so far we don't fight Morganthe. We more than likely will be fighting Morganthe...and it won't be easy.

However, when I said "defeat", I'm going under the impression that KI does not intend to "kill-off" Morganthe in Khrysalis. I think we will battle and defeat her, but like Malistaire, she may return somewhere else down the line. All I can say is that these mini "or is it?" and "leaving on an unexpected note" hints, drive me to believe that this isn't the last of Morganthe and that there may be someone we didn't expect pulling all the strings.

Like KI says, Khrysalis will rock Wizard101.
Oh ok I see what your saying now.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Malorn AshThorn446 on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Here is my theory on how the areas of the second half will shape up to be:

Crescent Beach- Divided by the Starfall Sea, containing the two halves of Crescent Beach: the side as seen from Fort Rachias and the side that is in "Arachna".

"Arachna"- The area of Khrysalis where Morganthe's "Shadow-Web" is located along with the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desertand of course the heart of the Shadow Web, Morganthe's Shadow Palace.

Starfall Sea- It contains a underwater pool which is filled astral magic in its original form as a liquid. The area is underwater and is mostly in ruins. Magalia Spiritcaller also states at the end of part 1: "Your path to face the Shadow Queen will take you over Crescent Beachand across the Starfall Sea. I do not know exactly how you will cross that baleful ocean, but you already have the most important piece of that puzzle. Beyond the Starfall Sealies the Iron Gates, the Khonda Desertand the heart of the Shadow Web: Morganthe's Shadow Palace." This area will also contain the Radiant Alcazar.

Iron Gates- 2 sets of gates made of iron that block the way into and out of the Khonda Desert and the entrance to Morganthe's Shadow Palace. No enemies here and it is just a set of gates.

Khonda Desert- As Cunning Finnigan has already stated, this used to be a forest until Morganthe burnt it to the ground as she did in the Last Wood. We are faced with getting across but there is no easy way across as constant sandstorms and patrols plague the area.

Morganthe's Shadow Palace- We arrive here and successfully get inside. But once inside, old enemies await from past worlds. Tse-Tse Snaketail from Zafaria, and Yacate Farwalker from Azteca are there to stop us. In a twist of fate, Belloq shows up and helps us defeat them. We then face off with Morganthe and right at the end of the duel, Malistare the Undying comes flying in and lands on Morganthe! He then tells us that he now understands that Morganthe is the true enemy, and realizes that summoning the dragon titan would have been the death of him as well...
Your theory's not too bad actually. I'd like to point out, though, that I believe "Archna" is a termed used to discribe all Insect inhabitants of Khrysalis who live on the otherside of the world (i.e. Mantises, Spiders, Roaches, Wasps, Scorpians, Ants, Grasshoppers, etc.). Though, it's possible the island the Archna dwell on is of the same name.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Oh I was thinking the striping of spells would be the Star School spells or maybe your 2nd school spells.
I think it would be neat to have a Malistaire pet.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Your theory's are VERY interesting, and I'm sure Kingsisle will use some sort of settings similar to what you have imagined, But as we all know and love, Kingsisle enjoys adding strange twists and turns, and stuff people don't expect! The only was to find out what Kingsisle has planned for us, is to watch, wait, and listen.

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
Here is a theory, as crazy as it may sound. I believe within the walls of the Shadow Palace, The Council of Light will have one final face off with Morganthe and with Kingsisles' amazing poetic dialogue, there will be some sort of plot twist. There is the possibility that a Council of Light member is a traitor. Also I think that Merle Ambrose may die, because in the tutorial, he says that he thinks you will fill his shoes of being Headmaster someday. And after his unfortunate death you become Headmaster of Ravenwood- School of Magical Arts. Also my prediction is that instead of more Shadow spells, Kingsisle will release some sort of Light magic, and that's how you over throw the Queen of Spiders. I believe there may also be a Khrysalis pack with amazing furniture items, along with mounts, pets, spells and houses. It will have to be a major launch because of the recent neglect to the game. And as a side bonus I conclude they will step animation and detail, additionally hitting the gas on the intensity of the music, as they did at the end if Azteca. In my opinion it will be a innovative launch, but they have stalled way to launch. I told you what I think, so what do you think? I would love to have criticism and sharing ideas! So comment below.

-Jason FireSword. Level 95 Fire.