Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pls add new gem items in the next update!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 27, 2013
i really want to add more items called gems to help us in battle and to keep forever!
1.they do not take space in your backpack
2.you can equip up to 10, 1 for each finger

damage gem: +20% damage

resist gem: +20% resist

power gem: +20% power pip chance

accuracy gem: +20% accuracy

crit gem: +25% critical rating (about +110 crit rating)

block gem: +25% block rating (about +110 block rating)

piercing gem: +15% armor piercing

healing gem: +25% incoming/+25% outgoing healing

card gem: +1 card to all equipment you obtain

health gem: +600 base health

mana gem: +250 base mana

backpack space gem: +50 backpack spaces

enemies lose health gem: enemies lose -1000 health, -100 in pvp

gem damage gem: # of gems equpied x 50+ power pip chance + level

reshuffle gem: automaticly reshuffles your deck when you run out of cards (no pvp ) and gives 1 reshuffle card for pvp

luck gem: +20% pet will cast its may cast, +10% chance of crit, +10% chance of block, +15% damage, gives 1 colossal card, 1 unstoppable card and 1 rank 8 minion

life gem: +50 life crit rating, +20% life damage, +25% outgoing/incoming and +20% accuracy

death gem:+50 death crit rating, +20% death damage, +10% from steal hp and +10% death accuracy

myth gem: +50 myth crit rating, +20% myth damage, +15% myth accuracy

ice gem: +50 ice crit rating, +20% ice damage, +15% ice accuracy

fire gem: +50 fire crit rating, +20% fire damage, +20% fire accuracy

storm gem: +50 storm crit rating, +20% storm damage, +25% storm accuracy

balance gem: +50 balance crit rating, +20% damage, +50 block rating, +10% accuracy

yes, i came up with this plan to add gems a couple days ago. if you add ideas for gems, change gem bonuses or wanna comment, please do so. i'm looking forward to gems items and i think it is a great idea.

please add these gems kingsisle

btw there is many typos in this post so make sure you read properly and quote me if there is anything i can fix

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Really? First of all, you're begging for these to be implemented. Never do that. Second of all, these are overpowered! Don't take up space? Equip 10? +20% resist? That's insane dude! You should really decrease the strengths of these things if you want Kingsisle to even consider them. Third of all, these are basically just rings with only one statistic boost. I don't think these should be added.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2013
poliwhirl555 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
i really want to add more items called gems to help us in battle and to keep forever!

reshuffle gem: automaticly reshuffles your deck when you run out of cards (no pvp ) and gives 1 reshuffle card for pvp

luck gem: +20% pet will cast its may cast, +10% chance of crit, +10% chance of block, +15% damage, gives 1 colossal card, 1 unstoppable card and 1 rank 8 minion

life gem: +50 life crit rating, +20% life damage, +25% outgoing/incoming and +20% accuracy

death gem:+50 death crit rating, +20% death damage, +10% from steal hp and +10% death accuracy

balance gem: +50 balance crit rating, +20% damage, +50 block rating, +10% accuracy

yes, i came up with this plan to add gems a couple days ago. if you add ideas for gems, change gem bonuses or wanna comment, please do so. i'm looking forward to gems items and i think it is a great idea.

btw there is many typos in this post so make sure you read properly and quote me if there is anything i can fix
AMAZING!!! These would be REALLY RARE drops that begin dropping in Zafaria. Zafaria would be a great place to start these and they would get stronger (not by a lot) as the worlds go on.
Until then, great ideas are the beginnings of excellent ideas. ;)
Adrian Silvermancer Level 34

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I will only comment on the overpoweredness (I know not a word but it fits) of one of these items. +20 resist is just a joke. With a proof/defy pet, jade gear and heartsteel you would be immune to all schools. That's just nuts. And that's just ONE of the ten you want to allow. Just way overpowered.

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I agree with all of them except enemies lose health gem cause then lower level characters such as wizards in dragonspyre perhaps could use that and the enemies would only have a hundred or even one health

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
sorry i meant they DO take space in the backpack but theres a new section AND you can have up to 20 total gems

up to 10 can be equipped, 1 for each finger and thumb

and are for lvl 15+ only

and the life gem gives 10% life accuracy not 25%

and more than 30 spelling mistakes in my last post on this topic.

so i fixed my typos

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Bad idea. Bad presentation. We must trust in KingsIsle to not listen to these sorts of ideas. Well, listen to them, just don't take them seriously. Bad idea all around.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
o ya i forgot to tell you

-that i came up with the names

-my best friend came up on the bonuses

-my friend may have gone way to overpowered cause above it says my best friend came up with the amount of bonuses

-and my best friend came up with the idea and i agreed on it.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Clumsy Sebastion L... on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
I agree with all of them except enemies lose health gem cause then lower level characters such as wizards in dragonspyre perhaps could use that and the enemies would only have a hundred or even one health
the enimies lose health gem only works if you finished the 1st arc

AND if the enimie has less than 1,000, it lowers by 500 instead of 1000

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
Here's a way to fix this: get rid of half of it.

Get rid of the card gem, reshuffle gem, pierce gem, "Enemies lose health" gem, crit gem, luck gem, gem damage gem, and backpack space gem.

Make a player only be able to equip 2. 1 for each finger seems a bit strange. Imagine if they showed up on your character. I really don't want to see young wizards with "bling bling" all over them.

They should be level 30+, not 15+.

Decrease the stats. The resist gem should give 5% resist, not 20%. Damage gem should give 5% damage. All the gems should give +5%. Health gem should give 250 health. Mana gem should give 50 mana. Get rid of the crit and block for the the school gems. If the level for them is low, they don't need that.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I don't agree with this idea at all. It's way to overpowered, I don't think they would even put that in a bundle. Plus, it's wouldn't be very good if it didn't take place in your backpack. Also, 10 would be too much.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Adrian Silvermance... on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
AMAZING!!! These would be REALLY RARE drops that begin dropping in Zafaria. Zafaria would be a great place to start these and they would get stronger (not by a lot) as the worlds go on.
Until then, great ideas are the beginnings of excellent ideas. ;)
Adrian Silvermancer Level 34
i like your idea for the realy rare drops starting from zafaria

but i don't like the it gets stronger part. it would be too overpowered if it got stronger as you advance

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
if you wanna answer a bonus question:

Q: What gem do you think is the best and the worst gem?

A: post in the message boards and see what you think!

UPDATE:

piercing gem is now decreased to +10%

the health and mana gem is now decreased:

health gem: +500 base health
mana gem: +200 base mana

luck gem: gives 1 gargantuan instead of colosal
gives a rank 6 minion not rank 8

reshuffle gem: DOES NOT give a reshuffle card in pvp
reshuffling when running out of spell cards only works 3 times

damage, resist and healing gem:

decreased damage and resist to +15%
decreased incoming/outgoing healing to +20%

crit/block gem: decreased critical/block to +100 crit/block

school gems: will add +10% power pip chance to each school gem
can only equip 1 school gem

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
everyone thinks they are OVERPOWERED in their opinion.

but why? everyone needs a slightly big boost in damage+resist combo.

maybe you're right in decreasing these stats. but still want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

and want them, to take up space in backpack but a new section where you can have 20 gems.

i have planned to decrease the stats by a bit cause most of you said they are way OP.

still, you can add gems, change bonuses or comment.

instead of 10 equiped, it is decreased to 8 we are eliminating thumbs cause that would be a lame idea to equip one on thumbs.

but thanks for posting

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I agree with Shadow Ice thing on his/her comment.

These would be a good addition, in limited number.

They do technically have this item already.... it's a "Ring"....
Even goes on your finger as you've stated.

That being said, I don't see why we couldn't have say... 2 Rings. 1 for each hand.
The already existing rings for your dominant hand,a nd the "Gems" for the non dominant.

Tone down the bonuses, and I see it being a viable addition

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I'm also thinking we should be allowed to equip more than 1 ring, but there could be a penalty for it. So for example, if you equip 2 rings you get 1/2 the stats from each, 3 rings and you get 1/3 the stats, etc... That way if you equip 2 or 3 or ... of the same ring you don't boost any more than you have now but then you can 'mix' the stats from multiple rings.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Sarg042 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
I agree with Shadow Ice thing on his/her comment.

These would be a good addition, in limited number.

They do technically have this item already.... it's a "Ring"....
Even goes on your finger as you've stated.

That being said, I don't see why we couldn't have say... 2 Rings. 1 for each hand.
The already existing rings for your dominant hand,a nd the "Gems" for the non dominant.

Tone down the bonuses, and I see it being a viable addition
I agree, allowing right and left hand to be equipped with existing rings would be cool. As long as they are different. Wearing 2 Alpha Omega rings would be a little much. That being said, I think adding another high resist item isn't needed. For the same reason KI hasn't allowed resist potions. The highest accessory defense item right now is hearsteel athame +5% resist and no one but Ice gets rings with resist. That keeps everyone from being immune to all.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Another thought, they have many of these available in crown shop as potions already and you can use up to 3 at once.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
poliwhirl555 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:

Hello, I was viewing your post and I thought maybe I could share my input. Please leave some feedback and tell me what you all think.

They'll be called Gemstones as following the original design. But with different abilities. These Gemstones could also temporarily replace some of these recent ideas about Wizard abilities. As for the whole equipping argument here's what could happen.

Only 2 genstones at a time for Wizards of level 60+ and they'll start by dropping in Waterworks, Tower of the Helephant, Atlantea, and Tartarus. They'll also be Non-Auction, Non-Trade, and Non-Pet Edible. As for their appearance; they can appear as a whips around the Wizard's hands-or magical markings on the Wizard's hands (like runes). Now for the stats.

~Storm~
Celestial Sea Stone (65): WW
10% Storm Damage
5% Storm Accuracy
5% Storm Critical
5% Incoming Healing

Skyscraper Stone (65): TH
10% Storm Pierce
5% Storm Accuracy
10% Myth Resistance

Poseidon's Storm Stone (75): Atlantea
10% Storm Damage
10% Storm Pierce
7% Storm Accuracy
15% Myth Block

Pegasus' Storm Stone (90): Tartarus
15% Storm Pierce
15% Storm Damage
7% Storm Accuracy
30% Universal Block
15% Storm Critical
6% Incoming Healing

~Ice~
Chilled Moon Stone (65): WW
7% Ice Damage
5% Ice Accuracy
10% Universal Block
2% Incoming Healing

Coldfire Stone (65): TH
7% Ice Pierce
5% Ice Accuracy
8% Universal Resistance

Poseidon's Ice Stone (75): Atlantea

7% Ice Damage
7% Ice Pierce
20% Universal Block
8% Ice Accuracy

Valkyrie's Frost Stone (90): Tartarus
10% Ice Damage
10% Ice Pierce
8% Ice Accuracy
30% Universal Block
10% Ice Critical
6% Incoming Healing
8% Universal Resistance

~Fire~
Scalding Stone (65): WW

9% Fire Damage
6% Fire Accuracy
4% Fire Critical
6% Incoming Healing

Helephant Stone (65): TH
9% Fire Pierce
6% Fire Accuracy
10% Ice Resistance

Poseidon's Flame Stone (75): Atlantea
9% Fire Damage
9% Fire Pierce
9% Fire Accuracy
15% Ice Block

Cherufe's Ash Stone (90): Tartarus
13% Fire Pierce
13% Fire Damage
9% Fire Accuracy
13% Fire Critical
30% Universal Damage
12% Incoming Healing

I might finish at some point.

~Sincerely Hunter...

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I agree with the fact that a new equipment item would be nice. From what I hear nobody really disagrees with a new ring for the non-dominant hand just with the stats. So here is my idea lets make special rare rings that drop from a special boss in dragonspyre! Lets open an other door next to the already existing Loremaster chamber and create a new NPC and farm room. Lets call the new NPC Gem-Master for now.

I would call the new item Gem-Rings and give it a special card or a stat. Of course they take backpack space and they can be equiped by all classes. The drop rate will once again be insanely low (1%)! Second chance chest (2%) Happy farming! :D

Please note: The rings are level 45+ since its a dragonspyre area, so no beginners farming for insanely good items by hopping in with a level 95.

Here is my idea:

Gem-Ring of the Divine: +5% pierce, +3% defense +100 health + 50 mana. (Ultra-rare, drop rate lowered to 0.5%)
Gem-Master's Ring: 3 Gem-Master cards. (instructions below) (Ultra-rare, drop rate lowered to 0,5%)
Astralic Gem-Ring: +20 critical, +25 Block (Ultra-rare, drop rate lowered to 0,5%)
Emerald Gem-Ring: +10% incoming healing, +10% Outgoing heal
Onyx Gem-Ring: 3 Tri-fold plague item cards. +200 Health
Perdiod Gem-Ring: +4% Storm defense, +4% Fire defense, + 4% Ice defense
Diamond Gem-Ring: +4% Death, +4% Life, + 4% Myth defense
Mythical Gem-Ring: 3 Myth Treant item cards. +200 Health
Ruby Gem-Ring: +5% damage (global) +25 mana
Crystal Gem-Ring: +250 health + 50 mana
Golden Gem-Ring: +100 mana +50 health (Common drop rate is 5%)
Silver Gem-Ring: + 100 health (Common, drop rate is 5%)

All rings are No Auction, No Trade.

Gem-Master Card:

Animation: A ring flashes on the field and a man raises up. After picking up his ring he uses a beam to everyone and deals damage and debuffs.
Type: Myth
Effect: deal 500 damage to all. Destroy 1 positive ward and blade to all.
Pips: 5

New Myth AOE attack!!!! :D

Hope you enjoyed it

Noah Shadowweaver level 95

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
seethe42 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Another thought, they have many of these available in crown shop as potions already and you can use up to 3 at once.
potions only last for only up to 1 hour. I am saying forever, not for 30 minutes to 1 hour

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
poliwhirl555 on Feb 13, 2014 wrote:
potions only last for only up to 1 hour. I am saying forever, not for 30 minutes to 1 hour
Yeah, and renting the ability of those makes money for the game. Giving away more permanent stat boosts that are so outrageously overpowered doesn't make money for the game.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
poliwhirl555 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
everyone thinks they are OVERPOWERED in their opinion.

but why? everyone needs a slightly big boost in damage+resist combo.

maybe you're right in decreasing these stats. but still want them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

and want them, to take up space in backpack but a new section where you can have 20 gems.

i have planned to decrease the stats by a bit cause most of you said they are way OP.

still, you can add gems, change bonuses or comment.

instead of 10 equiped, it is decreased to 8 we are eliminating thumbs cause that would be a lame idea to equip one on thumbs.

but thanks for posting
20% more resist is not a "slightly big boost". That's the problem right there.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
:( wizard101 costs $35 to download on my computer so i spent $150 to kingsisle right there.

gems come from a new pack called " gem pack" which contains a bunch of awesome tc, minions, pets, pet snacks, ultra rare reagents or seeds and a rare chance of getting a gem.