Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minor Game Updates - January 2014

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following minor game updates have been made to the game.

Pets
  • When pets cast their spells, the camera should no longer point at the ceiling.
  • The correct color swatches should appear when dying the Polar Fox pet

Spells
  • Finally! Spell animations should now be properly lit, and no longer appear as very dark or completely black.

Interface
  • Quest Finder is now ON by default, but can still be turned off through the Options Panel
  • Players should no longer receive a "Transaction Not Successful" error when trying to stitch or unstitch after logging into different characters on their account
  • Additionally, gear from your other characters should no longer appear in the Stitching window
  • Crown Shop side scrolling arrows now scroll as expected

Gear & Items
  • Paladin armor no longer has a hole in the body
  • Boots of the Slipstream and Boots of the Comet can now be dyed at time of purchase from the Crown Shop
  • The Tower Music box has its music back!

Quests & Duels
  • Players can no longer avoid the last battle in the Moon Shrine.
  • The quest "A Very Brave and Noble Thing" can no longer be declined as it is a mainline quest
  • The quest " The Future's In The Air" can no longer be declined as it is a mainline quest
  • Chasca Dawn will hang out after the quest "The Long March" so that players can continue to speak with her to complete the task
  • The door to Nordri should no longer be blocked for players who have gained access to that zone
  • Penny Dreadful will correctly vanish during the "Penny Saved" quest chain
  • Shadow effects like modify backlash will no longer cause creatures to trigger their cheat

Other
  • There's now a teleporter between Tyrian Gorge & Bastion
  • Dee's mirror should no longer appear when the Lost Pages events are not running
  • Players must be level 10 to rate a house on the Castle Tours
  • The maximum health of creatures on Unicorn Way have been reduced

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:

Pets
  • When pets cast their spells, the camera should no longer point at the ceiling.

Spells
  • Finally! Spell animations should now be properly lit, and no longer appear as very dark or completely black.

Interface
  • Quest Finder is now ON by default, but can still be turned off through the Options Panel
  • Players should no longer receive a "Transaction Not Successful" error when trying to stitch or unstitch after logging into different characters on their account
  • Additionally, gear from your other characters should no longer appear in the Stitching window

Gear & Items
  • Boots of the Slipstream and Boots of the Comet can now be dyed at time of purchase from the Crown Shop

Quests & Duels
  • The quest "A Very Brave and Noble Thing" can no longer be declined as it is a mainline quest
  • The quest " The Future's In The Air" can no longer be declined as it is a mainline quest
  • Chasca Dawn will hang out after the quest "The Long March" so that players can continue to speak with her to complete the task
  • The door to Nordri should no longer be blocked for players who have gained access to that zone
  • Shadow effects like modify backlash will no longer cause creatures to trigger their cheat

Other
  • Dee's mirror should no longer appear when the Lost Pages events are not running
Not a lot of people people must have helped with the test realm because there's a major glitch which needs to be addressed concerning pets. I don't know if it's just my pets but fairy seems to be not casting. I've done countless battles and not one time have my pets cast fairy (the most common casting healing spell) since the update.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:

Pets

Spells

Interface

Gear & Items

Quests & Duels

Other
Going through these 1 by 1.

Pets:
1. Yay! This was annoying me way too much.
2. Don't know what this means...

Spells:
1. Finally indeed...

Interface:
1. Thank you, I was wondering how to turn on quest finder, I found it about 2 weeks ago, but now for newer players it should be a lt easier.
2. Have never stitched/unstitched... ever, but I infer this is very good for people who stitch regularly.
3. Side scrolling arrows? I have never seen them.

Gear & Items:
1. It had a hole!? Ha! I never saw it.
2. Ok then...
3. Tower Music Box...? I totally know what that is.

Quests & Duels
1. I feel this is a cause of why I got stuck... I wouldn't call it exploiting, and I am trying to re-do it and hope Sofia gives me the quest again.
2 and 3. Never noticed these, considering I rarely ever use the decline button, but I guess people about to get these quests won't be too confused now.
4. Mhm, don't even remember this quest.
5. Hip, hip, hooray!
6. VANISH!? But she was one of my favorite characters!
7. Never had this happen, but yay for everybody.

Other
1. Found getting between Tyrian Gorge and Bastion annoying, so thank you very much.
2. I've never hun around to see Dee's Mirror be there after the Lost Pages has been done, but yay!
3. I feel I know why this has happened (to stop people from creating 10,000 characters and rate a castle 1 start all the time), but I don't think anyone will really mind
4. Really? As if they were not a challenge already, now they are REALLY not a challenge... well, all's well that ends well, and I don't think anyone will mind, either.

Overall, great! You fixed some very annoying bugs, and I thank you very much for that, here's hoping that Part 2 will come out sometime this month.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Nathan ShadowFlame on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Not a lot of people people must have helped with the test realm because there's a major glitch which needs to be addressed concerning pets. I don't know if it's just my pets but fairy seems to be not casting. I've done countless battles and not one time have my pets cast fairy (the most common casting healing spell) since the update.
Drrrr you mean this has not happened to you before .... But seriously Mine stopped casting pixy before the update .... My pet would just sit there and watch me die ... But oh God watching buying Healers to help in battle there worse than ever .... Don't get me wrong once in a great while they are ok ( only when you buy 1 and nothing else or it will heal things that are not even hurt .... ) Nothing worse then spending your hard earned cash ( Crowns ) buying minions that heal every thing else but the person that bought it .... But Yet I still love this game and always will ....

Thank You For Reading

Survivor
Feb 08, 2013
So yea my pets stopped healing all together since you guys did this update on my cast fairy! I mean now pets aren't healing at all. And I'm not just speaking on fairy but even the unicorn, spritely, and heal current
You guys don't understand but some of use real hardcore players have been working hard and spending crowns to get our pets to where they are.. And now all of a sudden you want to mess with our pets, because those lazy players who didn't take the time to put into their pets are complaining. Well so what we have to suffer due to the few who don't put the time and effort into their pets and Characters. This is not ok, and if you want to call it balancing out the game. Then make it to where the other heals do more in the amount of the healing. I mean come on spritely doesn't do much in the pvp battles and you guys know it. So who are you really trying to please here? The complainers who aren't putting the work are getting justice while others are suffering because they want but don't work for. I need some answers here, and understand a lot of players are going to quit this game due to all these changes. You make shadow magic but yet you don't give us anything to be able to really counter the damage dealt by it. Sorry but Shadow Sentinel and Shadow Seraph is a joke when criticals and damage has become over powering. Please do not give me an automative response like you did by posting about update on may cast fairy. I get that part, but what you don't get is that it has majorly effected out gaming in general.
Brandon Rider