Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

story twist sylvia drake

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
what if the story of syvia drake were grown on what i mean is imagine if morganthe was behind making sylvia sick and dying just to get malistaire to go corrupt and get herself a powerful ally that she has now and what if sylvia really didnt die but was actually transformed into the person we see now as moolinda wu and she is completely unaware of who she truly is i would think that would be a cool way to bring sylvia back because i mean lets be real guys sylvia drake is a way cooler looking teacher than moolinda as for malistaire you can have him upon realising he was tricked turn to the side of good because really thats the only reason he was bad anyway then he can go back an be death schools teacher :) the new him would look epic as the death teacher i know its a wild idea but i like it what do you guys think :) let me know

sincerly, Blaze Legendflame

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Sadly, there is at least one flaw in this great idea. Malistare dies after we defeat him in Dragonspyre. After being defeated again as Malistare the Undying, he got tossed into the spiral. I wish this would happen, it seems really cool! But then what would the spirit of Sylvia be that we got in Dragonspyre?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree, and a lot of people have been speculating as much for a while.

Somehow, I sincerely doubt that a theurgist as great as Sylvia would die from a common cold. The world's greatest life professor, as she is called by Gloria Krendell quite early on, would be (I imagine) the embodiment of life and healing... so doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that she died of something so curable as a cold?

And then, there's Morganthistaire. You don't just rip someone out of his grave for no reason... she obviously needs him for something, which leads me to believe that she had something to do with Sylvia's death.

I sense a rise/fall/redemption plot here:

Through the first arc, Malistaire was made to look like a tragic hero. He wasn't evil, so much as heartbroken and misunderstood... buuuuut *spoiler alert* when we run into him on Xibalba, he's angry with the player character, which makes absolutely no sense because we helped him accomplish his end goal: to be reunited with Sylvia, even if not in the way he originally intended. I think he's annoyed that Morganthe crashed his happily-ever-afterlife (and who wouldn't be?), but taking it out on us 4 worlds later doesn't fit with the way the first arc ended.

Something is definitely up, and there's more to this than anyone has let on thus far. My theory is that we'll have to fight Mally again, after which he'll come to his senses and realize that it's Morganthe he should be angry with, not us... After which I imagine Sylvia will become involved again somehow, and the two of them will help us to take down Morganthe.

Sigh. A wizard can dream.

-von
Malistaire minion, literary crusader of amazingness attempting to vanquish plot-holes everywhere!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
the two flaws arent big enough to ruin it malistaire being thrown into spiral probably isnt the end of him especially since we didnt really fight him we kinda fought "around him you can say lol and the sylvia drake i am sure they can bring her back somehow and yess glad i am not the only one who thought that was strange like how can the greatest life professor die all weak like that lol i want malistaire and her as proffessors again :) instead of moolinda and dworgyn lets all hope that they iron the kinks out an d we can see this happen CMON wizard101 you can dooooooo it lol xD glad you guys like this idea lets your friends know about this thread i want to hear all opinions on this :)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Dr Von on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
I agree, and a lot of people have been speculating as much for a while.

Somehow, I sincerely doubt that a theurgist as great as Sylvia would die from a common cold. The world's greatest life professor, as she is called by Gloria Krendell quite early on, would be (I imagine) the embodiment of life and healing... so doesn't it seem a bit suspicious that she died of something so curable as a cold?

And then, there's Morganthistaire. You don't just rip someone out of his grave for no reason... she obviously needs him for something, which leads me to believe that she had something to do with Sylvia's death.

I sense a rise/fall/redemption plot here:

Through the first arc, Malistaire was made to look like a tragic hero. He wasn't evil, so much as heartbroken and misunderstood... buuuuut *spoiler alert* when we run into him on Xibalba, he's angry with the player character, which makes absolutely no sense because we helped him accomplish his end goal: to be reunited with Sylvia, even if not in the way he originally intended. I think he's annoyed that Morganthe crashed his happily-ever-afterlife (and who wouldn't be?), but taking it out on us 4 worlds later doesn't fit with the way the first arc ended.

Something is definitely up, and there's more to this than anyone has let on thus far. My theory is that we'll have to fight Mally again, after which he'll come to his senses and realize that it's Morganthe he should be angry with, not us... After which I imagine Sylvia will become involved again somehow, and the two of them will help us to take down Morganthe.

Sigh. A wizard can dream.

-von
Malistaire minion, literary crusader of amazingness attempting to vanquish plot-holes everywhere!
I agree that would be cool, but I think that there are a few things that you missed. From listening to the people talking in Azteca (and they were confusing), I believe that Morganthe needed Malistare to make the lords of night obey her.
I agree that it doesn't really make sense that he was still mad at our little wiz. I have a feeling Morgathe led him to falsely believe that our wizard was the one who raised him from the dead. I don't think that Morganthe killed Sylvia, because that was set up early in the game.
There was a similar plot twist in the Divergent series, and I think the response to that would be similar to the response if morganthe killed Sylvia, and it wasn't good.
Malistare the undying has full immunity, and I have a feeling that includes the area outside a spiral world...
I think that there will be a prophecy (as always) that in order to defeat morganthe, a heroic wizard will have to sacrifice him self.
In the end, we fight Morganthe, but she laughs and tells our wizard that even after losing a simple duel, she is unbeatable. Right when it seems that the only way that our wizard can defeat morganthe is destroying the building where the boss fight is (the wizard would of course be destroyed too), who is standing in the corner?
Good old evil (kinda) Malistare.
He says: "I am cursed to never join Sylvia because of you morganthe! When first formed, I was corrupted with anger! But now, if I cannot be with Sylvia, then I will make her proud. Run, wizard! Run!"
Our wizard escapes, and right as we leave Morganthe's palace, it explodes. Malistare is standing in the rubble, looking at our wizard.
He says that he will return, and that he will not rest until he finds a way to enter the land of the dead again. Right as he is about to leave, the Headmaster tells him that he has decided that he won't let him leave. He tells him that Ravenwood would be honored if he returned, and that they wouldn't stop until they found a way for him to enter the other side.
I think this would be a good way to bring back Malistare in a great way, without angering people by corrupting his great story line with morganthe's web.
Sorry this went a tad bit long...

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
ohh ok didnt hear about the lords of night thing that makes sense and wow :D i like your ending pretty cool i really want malistaire to turn out good in the end it just seems right you know and for the sylvia thing i know its alot against it but it would just rock if shemwas our teacher i mean you saw her she was WAY cooler than moolinda nothing against her of course :P(dont want to upset any of the beautiful wizards :P ) if they went with your idea or mine it would be cool i really do like your idea too man :)

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
ac3z on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
the two flaws arent big enough to ruin it malistaire being thrown into spiral probably isnt the end of him especially since we didnt really fight him we kinda fought "around him you can say lol and the sylvia drake i am sure they can bring her back somehow and yess glad i am not the only one who thought that was strange like how can the greatest life professor die all weak like that lol i want malistaire and her as proffessors again :) instead of moolinda and dworgyn lets all hope that they iron the kinks out an d we can see this happen CMON wizard101 you can dooooooo it lol xD glad you guys like this idea lets your friends know about this thread i want to hear all opinions on this :)

yea i'd like to have sylvia and drake to be are teachers cause they might teach us a rank for hit
sry but i really want life to have a low pip hit all spell

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
lol thx i agree heres to dreaming lol xD and while we are at it how about some new mutate learned spells!! woot woot lol
:D

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
Fishburt700 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
I agree that would be cool, but I think that there are a few things that you missed. From listening to the people talking in Azteca (and they were confusing), I believe that Morganthe needed Malistare to make the lords of night obey her.
I agree that it doesn't really make sense that he was still mad at our little wiz. I have a feeling Morgathe led him to falsely believe that our wizard was the one who raised him from the dead. I don't think that Morganthe killed Sylvia, because that was set up early in the game.
There was a similar plot twist in the Divergent series, and I think the response to that would be similar to the response if morganthe killed Sylvia, and it wasn't good.
Malistare the undying has full immunity, and I have a feeling that includes the area outside a spiral world...
I think that there will be a prophecy (as always) that in order to defeat morganthe, a heroic wizard will have to sacrifice him self.
In the end, we fight Morganthe, but she laughs and tells our wizard that even after losing a simple duel, she is unbeatable. Right when it seems that the only way that our wizard can defeat morganthe is destroying the building where the boss fight is (the wizard would of course be destroyed too), who is standing in the corner?
Good old evil (kinda) Malistare.
He says: "I am cursed to never join Sylvia because of you morganthe! When first formed, I was corrupted with anger! But now, if I cannot be with Sylvia, then I will make her proud. Run, wizard! Run!"
Our wizard escapes, and right as we leave Morganthe's palace, it explodes. Malistare is standing in the rubble, looking at our wizard.
He says that he will return, and that he will not rest until he finds a way to enter the land of the dead again. Right as he is about to leave, the Headmaster tells him that he has decided that he won't let him leave. He tells him that Ravenwood would be honored if he returned, and that they wouldn't stop until they found a way for him to enter the other side.
I think this would be a good way to bring back Malistare in a great way, without angering people by corrupting his great story line with morganthe's web.
Sorry this went a tad bit long...
Now that would be interesting... Perhaps not only do we bring Malistare back, but the following also happens:

1. Lord Nightshade the Wraith and the undead are banished from Wizard City

2. The death school is risen from Nightside and restored to it's rightful place in Ravenwood

3. Now this may be the best and craziest of all my ideas but, Bartleby gets his missing eye back!

4. When Bartleby regains his missing eye, many amazing things happen, such as:

• a. We are called back to Krokotopia by Alhazred, who tells us that we must face the tuts once more and put them back to sleep
  • b. Sherlock Bones calls us back to Marleybone and tells us that we must face Meowiarty once again, so that we may lock him up for good.
  • c. Emperor Yoshihito calls us back to Mooshu, telling us that the Oni are preparing one final assault and that we must defeat them, thus banishing them from the realm
  • d. In Wizard City, our old friend Cyrus Drake lets us know that we can now explore all of Dragonspyre and meet the rest of its citizens
  • e. In Celestia, Alaric Moonstrider tells us that Morganthe's forces have finally been freed, and that the Storm Titan has done the same as the Dragon Titan and restored Celestia
  • f. In Zafaria, Inyaga Whitestripes sends us to the leaders of the 4 tribes in order to create peace between them
  • g. In Avalon, King Artorius calls us and lets us know that the Wild Hunt is retreating into the Weirwood for a final assault and we must defeat them. Also, Sir Malory shows up but he is alive and asks Artorius for forgiveness for his actions and that he would like to offer his blade to the Knights of the Silver Rose, in which King Artorius forgives Malory and tells him that he may join the Knights of the Silver Rose.
  • f. In Azteca, Pacal Redmask tells us that we now have the power to destroy Xibalba and save Azteca and that we must banish the Hungry Dead first.
  • Finally, Zaltanna the Mirrormask asks us to help the former forces of Morganthe find a home in Khrysalis and become allies with the Burrowers and the Bees.
  • And finally, Moolinda Wu is called back to Mooshu on urgent business, and she must stay in Mooshu but Sylvia Drake is once again teaching the Life School, but is alive! Ambrose tells us that Bartleby gave both Malistare and Sylvia back their lives so that they may teach again.
5. The Death School (not the actual school) is split in half, so that both Dworgyn and Malistare may teach, as Dworgyn has proven himself capable enough of teaching. Malistare teaches about the dead and how Necromancers may summon them to do their bidding, while Dworgyn teaches about the undead and how they can be summoned to serve you.
That's what I've got! I hope you find these ideas interesting!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
wow i love those especially bartelby getting his eye back!!! how he lose it anyway?! lol xD and about death school getting put back :D