Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet resistain change for player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Is it just mine or are other having the same happening ?
The pet show 10 on Spell proof and 5 on spell defy , but when equipped on a char the stats screen shows 14 .
I am not a math expert , but 10 + 5 I believe equals 15 , am I mistaken in my math or is this a bug ?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Carlos noname on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Is it just mine or are other having the same happening ?
The pet show 10 on Spell proof and 5 on spell defy , but when equipped on a char the stats screen shows 14 .
I am not a math expert , but 10 + 5 I believe equals 15 , am I mistaken in my math or is this a bug ?
It's due to rounding of numbers. If your stats aren't high enough on a pet, you get a false 15. It's like this, 4.7 rounds to 5 and 9.6 rounds to 10, but add them together and it's only 14.3 which rounds to 14. Proof is calculated by (2*Strength + 2*Agility + Power)/125. This isn't going to result in a whole number, so rounding is unavoidable.The false 15 is actually a 14 and the only "bug" is in the display of the 5 and 10.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Sometime's it's not a full number. For example: Let's say you got a 4.93, that is not a 5, it is just rounded... therefore, you didn't even have 5 in the first place. Hoped this helped.

~ Vanessa

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
It's because the display rounds to whole numbers, but your real stats don't. So if you have a 9.6 spell proof it will show as 10% and a 4.8% defy will show as 5%, but when you add them, you will have 14.4% which will show as 14%.

Your true resistance is based on your pet's actual stats and does not round to whole numbers, so don't worry about the display values. You are getting the right amount, it just looks off because the display rounds.