Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell idea for part two of Khrysalis!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
Ok hi everyone. I had this amazing idea about the new life spell which may or may not be coming out when part two of Khrysalis arrives. I thought that the new life spell could be the godess of love Aphrodite. The animation could be a sunset back ground and let a pearl white shell would appear in the distance then make its way closer to the shore. once it reaches the shore a puddle of light green foam could appear and shape into a beautiful woman. Then Aphrodite could see we were in trouble and use her magic to grow thousands of thorny roses! then it would do about 1400-1550 damage then she would sing back to us and give us 760 health. So lol sorry if its a bad idea i just wanted to share it! Im so excited for Khrysalis!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
oceanlova123 on Jan 22, 2014 wrote:
Ok hi everyone. I had this amazing idea about the new life spell which may or may not be coming out when part two of Khrysalis arrives. I thought that the new life spell could be the godess of love Aphrodite. The animation could be a sunset back ground and let a pearl white shell would appear in the distance then make its way closer to the shore. once it reaches the shore a puddle of light green foam could appear and shape into a beautiful woman. Then Aphrodite could see we were in trouble and use her magic to grow thousands of thorny roses! then it would do about 1400-1550 damage then she would sing back to us and give us 760 health. So lol sorry if its a bad idea i just wanted to share it! Im so excited for Khrysalis!
For the first time ever, I am concerned about it being overpowered.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
wraithcaster on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
For the first time ever, I am concerned about it being overpowered.
Lol it's ok we just need to make some other strong spells for the other schools, but with this damage storm will most likely get a spell that does like 2,100+ damage.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2010
The damage is a bit too high for rank 11 spell. Does it attack all of the enemies? If so then the damage should be reduced to 1050 - 1350 to all + heal 560 to all.
Or for a single hit 1250 - 1400 + heal 760 to caster.

Just my two pence (I'm from the UK so I'm using 'pence' instead of 'cents' )

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Outrageously overpowered, both on damage and healing.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
The animation sounds absolutely amazing, but it's way overpowered. Maybe 500 damage, and 800 health? Idk :P

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
seethe42 on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
Outrageously overpowered, both on damage and healing.
Hey, you know what, bud? You ever have a life wizard? Low damage is obnoxious. Just because life would finally get some power doesn't mean it is overpowered. I like the idea earlier where it is an AoE, does ~1050-1250 damage to all and maybe 500 healing to all friends. I'm not really sure what aphrodite has to do with Khrysalis, though.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
I think life just needs some more healing spells, since the last one was rebirth. (mass satyr anyone?)

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist (L95)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I think it's a wonderful idea! I think it would be cool if we had Greek Mythology (Aquila) themed spells although we are in Khrysalis, not Aquila. I've heard rumors over on Wizard101central that the next myth spell is supposed to be something like a Centaur attack on everyone (I doubt it, considering the fact that there is already a Centaur spell). Khrysalis themed spells would be cool too because a bug spell would be interesting to see. The only thing that I have problems with is that you have to solo the battle to get a spell. I don't think it is a bad thing, I think it's good practice, it justs makes me a nervous wreck lol. Anyway, whatever Kingsisle comes out with is probably going to be amazing! I can't wait!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
beastmaster202 on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Hey, you know what, bud? You ever have a life wizard? Low damage is obnoxious. Just because life would finally get some power doesn't mean it is overpowered. I like the idea earlier where it is an AoE, does ~1050-1250 damage to all and maybe 500 healing to all friends. I'm not really sure what aphrodite has to do with Khrysalis, though.
Yes I have a life wizard and Fluffy, Gnomes, Artorius and Spiny are definitely not low damage spells. The original poster's spell idea was basically giving Storm Owl and Rebirth in one spell, and that IS overpowered.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Spiny does DoT, which is great, but hard for big damage with feints and traps because of it. When we got it, forest lord was great, but now i find myself, even with 75 damage boost and sharpened blade, casting 2+ to get out of mob battles, and it is no longer very effective at all against today's high-health bosses. Artorius has a spear mostly pointless except for ice bosses, gnomes has two entangles completely pointless except for blocking a very rare satyr or guiding light on a rare life mastery boss, or on life bosses, which are really easy in the first place. These extras reduce the potential damage a lot, and yeah in hindsight 1k damage+500 health to all is a bit much, it is not too much much for a rank 11. 11 pips is a lot.