Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Colossal and Extraordinary spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2013
Why can't I learn Colossal and Extraordinary spells from the sun school in Drum Jungle even though I'm at level 72 and have 6 training points? I have finished all quests too.
Can any one help me?
Thanks

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lucky 2005 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Why can't I learn Colossal and Extraordinary spells from the sun school in Drum Jungle even though I'm at level 72 and have 6 training points? I have finished all quests too.
Can any one help me?
Thanks
Others seem to be confused as well. just like any other school, the spells are progressive. You have to train the sun school, starting in Celestia, to earn your way to Colossal and beyond.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Lucky 2005 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Can any one help me?
Thanks
In order to learn those spells from the Sun School Trainer, did you know that "you" must fix the broken Sun School Trainer obelisk in The Drum Jungle?

To fix it, you need the quest - "Midnight Sun". Details for that quest are here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Midnight_Sun

Have you done all of the "prequests" to get to this one? You can click on prequests on the link above to see if you did miss something.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you complete the prequests, and you activate the Sun School Obelisk, then you should be able to train on those spells. But remember, just like back in Ravenwood, when we wanted to train on a spell, we had to take the spells "in order". We could not just jump ahead and pick the spells that we wanted. We had to take the lower level spells first.

Did you train on the previous, lower level, Sun School spells already? In case you need to check them, this link shows all of the Sun School spells. You can click on any highlighted items for more details.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_School_Spells

Just as an example, I clicked on "Gargantuan", and the requirements were "being Level 58, and having trained for Strong, Giant, and Monstrous".

Does this help?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
If you don't want to waste training points on the Sun school spells before Colossal then you can also go to the Archivist in Celestia and buy a boosted version of the Gargantuan Sun spell. It's a 250 damage boost compared to a 275 boost you get with the actual Colossal spell. Your choice but you will want the new Sun school spells Sharpened blade, Potent trap and to a lesser extent Mend that are available when you get to Azteca. So use your training points wisely.