Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

...Lets Talk Magic...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Blaze Deathward on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
like , , and , we do not need an opposite for the school of . plus it would't make much sense.
I agree. While it makes sense theoretically, it seems rather redundant to have a school of darkness, when seems to have that covered. Also, light seems too much like life.
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Emerald9649 on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry to all the Balances that like to PvP. But, I really dislike they're advantages in PvP. They can spam 0-Pip Weaknesses, Shields, and even Blades. Then after stacking they used a Judgement that would kill anyone instantly. Not to mention they can already destroy a Wizard's pips and a Wizard's aura while doing damage. I find them a bit overpowered and I think that most of their current spells should gain a requirement of an extra pip. It just isn't fair and I'd much appreciate it if KingsIsle looked into this and did something about it. Does anyone else agree? Or am I just nagging because I can rarely beat a Balance wizard?
If you take judgement and weakness and shields and blades away from balance, what else can they use to win? Balance needs all of its spells to put it in perfect harmony, or else it is useless. If you take spells away from us, we would be the worst PVP school instead of one of the best.
If it's really important to you, train balance, buy balance treasure cards, and get yourself a mastery amulet.
I'm sick and tired of people complaining about balance. At the end of the day, doesn't at least one school have to be the best at PVP, anyway? Why not balance?
Myrna Dragoncloud

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Blaze Deathward on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
like , , and , we do not need an opposite for the school of . plus it would't make much sense.
~ Actually, it's not recognized but Sun, Moon, and Star do have opposites. They oppose each other. Sun (Fire, Life, and Storm) is the opposite of Moon (Ice, Death, Myth.) and then Star is Balance. ~

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Nightsultan1 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
I agree. While it makes sense theoretically, it seems rather redundant to have a school of darkness, when seems to have that covered. Also, light seems too much like life.
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff Initiate
~ It's a recurring theme that Shadow magic is an evil art. But I don't believe that. I believe that Shadow is a balance between Darkness and Light. Because without Light it wouldn't exist and only Darkness would thrive, and if there was to much Light then Darkness and Shadow wouldn't exist. Thus saying that Shadow relies on the goodness of Light and the evil of Darkness to take form. ~

~ The only true reason we see Shadow as an evil art is because we've only seen people with hearts of evil utilize it. And like Swordrolls says; he doesn't believe Old Cob (the creator of Shadow Magic) is evil but that he simply wants to bring balance to the Spiral. ~

~ Thus, in theory, Dark Magic along with Light Magic must exist. Wouldn't you agree? ~

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
If you take judgement and weakness and shields and blades away from balance, what else can they use to win? Balance needs all of its spells to put it in perfect harmony, or else it is useless. If you take spells away from us, we would be the worst PVP school instead of one of the best.
If it's really important to you, train balance, buy balance treasure cards, and get yourself a mastery amulet.
I'm sick and tired of people complaining about balance. At the end of the day, doesn't at least one school have to be the best at PVP, anyway? Why not balance?
Myrna Dragoncloud
~ Because, there are Schools such as the Myth school struggling to even get past Celestia without a bit of help. Ever since the end of the Malistaire Arc. the population of them has been declining. And KingsIsle has noticed this. And I'm not saying they need to take anything away from them. I simply think that their Elemental Shields and Spirit Shields should cost a Pip. Nothing more, nothing less. And that they shouldn't frequently spam (this goes for all Schools). ~

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ Here are my ideas for the Rank 11 and Rank 12 School Spells. ~

Pegasus;
Rank 11 Storm: 1400 Storm damage to All Enemies + 12% Windstorm.

Valkyrie;
Rank 11 Ice: 1075-1175 Ice damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Allies.

Cherufe;
Rank 11 Fire: 1450-1550 Fire damage to a Single Enemy + Stun.

Hecate;
Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.

Moerae;
Rank 11 Death: 1100-1250 Death damage-swap half into health for Caster to a Single Enemy + 25% Death Damage Globe.

Griffin;
Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth damage to all Enemies + Enfeeble on all Enemies.

Nature's Carol;
Rank 11 Life; 675-700 + 500 Life damage Overtime to All Enemies or 850 Healing to All Allies.

Rank XII Death: The Litch ~ 750 Death Damage, Swap Half to Health + Steals 300 Health Over 3 Rounds to a Single Target.

Rank XII Myth: The Archangel ~ 170 Myth Damage + 1200 Myth Damage + 2 Myth ((Seraph)) Minions to a Single Target.

Rank XII Life: Heavenly Radiance ~ Rank 12 ~ 1150 Health Restoration to all Allies + Namaste.

Rank XII Ice: Máni ~ 1000 Ice Damage + 300 Moon Damage to a Single Target.

Rank XII Storm: Atlas ~ 1735 Storm Damage + Astraphobia.

Rank XII Balance: Cataclysm ~ 1350 Balance Damage + Resets Opposing Team’s’ Pips to 2.

Rank XII Fire: Agni ~ 320 Fire Damage + 1280 Fire Damage over 6 Rounds + Removes All Positive Wards to a Single Target.

~ Please tell me what you think of them and also, if you have any ideas please share them with me. I'd love to read them. ~

~ Sincerely, Umbra ShadowHunter . . . .

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Emerald9649 on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
~ Because, there are Schools such as the Myth school struggling to even get past Celestia without a bit of help. Ever since the end of the Malistaire Arc. the population of them has been declining. And KingsIsle has noticed this. And I'm not saying they need to take anything away from them. I simply think that their Elemental Shields and Spirit Shields should cost a Pip. Nothing more, nothing less. And that they shouldn't frequently spam (this goes for all Schools). ~

I don't see how this has to do with balance. Myth needs better spells, you don't need to do anything with balance though. Just give myth a way better multi-attack spell and they'd be fine, don't take anything away from balance.

Explorer
May 07, 2009
All of those types of magic could be a star, moon, or sun magic. Adding unnecessary categories just complicates things.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
I don't see how this has to do with balance. Myth needs better spells, you don't need to do anything with balance though. Just give myth a way better multi-attack spell and they'd be fine, don't take anything away from balance.
I never said they had to take anything away from Balance. And their Elemental Shields and Spiritual Shields need to cost a pip to make fairness on the battlefield, plus. The Elemental Traps and Blades as well as the Spiritual Traps and Blades cost A PIP, thus the shields need to cost A PIP.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Emerald9649 on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:
I never said they had to take anything away from Balance. And their Elemental Shields and Spiritual Shields need to cost a pip to make fairness on the battlefield, plus. The Elemental Traps and Blades as well as the Spiritual Traps and Blades cost A PIP, thus the shields need to cost A PIP.
They do not need to cost A PIP. The shields only give 50% for each, that's like saying tower shield costs a pip. Sorry, but I don't see why balance has to be altered just because Myth is neglected.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Nov 2, 2014 wrote:
They do not need to cost A PIP. The shields only give 50% for each, that's like saying tower shield costs a pip. Sorry, but I don't see why balance has to be altered just because Myth is neglected.
~ I don't recall saying that because of Myth is neglected that Balance should have to suffer. I'm saying that because the Elemental Traps, Elemental Blades, Spirit Traps, and Spirit Blades all cost a pip then the Elemental Shields and Spirit Shields should cost a pip too. After all, the Blades and Traps which give less cost a pip then the Shields which give more should cost a pip too. And the reason Tower Shield doesn't cost a Pip is because it gives ONE shield, while Legion Shield gives 1-4 and costs ONE pip. ~

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Emerald9649 on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
~ I don't recall saying that because of Myth is neglected that Balance should have to suffer. I'm saying that because the Elemental Traps, Elemental Blades, Spirit Traps, and Spirit Blades all cost a pip then the Elemental Shields and Spirit Shields should cost a pip too. After all, the Blades and Traps which give less cost a pip then the Shields which give more should cost a pip too. And the reason Tower Shield doesn't cost a Pip is because it gives ONE shield, while Legion Shield gives 1-4 and costs ONE pip. ~
Balance is not op, and it never will be. Why not make glacial shield or one of those cost a pip? It gives 70% shield so that the spell does next to nothing instead of just 50% off. If you add up glacial shield and elemental, it comes out to be elemental 150% and glacial 140%.

So you're saying that balance can't have a shield that we can use easily just because of a 10% difference. There's only a few good things about balance and we're pretty much the school everyone forgets about. Can't you at least let us have a few good spells?

Myrna Dragoncloud, Legendary