Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Identify blades and traps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
I think that there should be a way to know what traps and blades you have used. I find it frustrating when I try to attack someone with many traps and i find out that i used the same trap many times.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
  • Well, let's say I casted a Spirit Blade spell. Obviously, i'd know if I had casted it already if there's a myth and death blade around my head. Although, you can just remember what you have to cast. Just make a list in your head, from blades to traps ( or traps to blades ) and what order you like to do them in. Every time you finish your list and are able to attack, you just start over. Memory's the key.
  • Mine is: Lifeblade, Spirit Blade, Dragonblade ( sometimes ), Life Trap, Spirit Trap and Feint. I cast my Life Prism, when I need it. It works for me perfectly.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I guess there many different strategies you could use, you could cast them in power order like (for fire)
Fire Blade (+35% fire damage)
Elemental Blade (+35% fire, ice, and storm damage)
TC Fire Blade (+40% fire damage)
TC Elemental Blade (+40% fire, ice, and storm damage)
Enchanted Fire Blade (+45% fire damage)
Enchanted Elemental Blade (+45% fire, ice, and storm damage) etc.
(can go from highest to lowest or vice versa)
Same with traps.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i agree 100%. maybe put an "already used" in the bottom of the card. one that's removed after the blade or trap is activated...

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
Vanessa891011 on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
  • Well, let's say I casted a Spirit Blade spell. Obviously, i'd know if I had casted it already if there's a myth and death blade around my head. Although, you can just remember what you have to cast. Just make a list in your head, from blades to traps ( or traps to blades ) and what order you like to do them in. Every time you finish your list and are able to attack, you just start over. Memory's the key.
  • Mine is: Lifeblade, Spirit Blade, Dragonblade ( sometimes ), Life Trap, Spirit Trap and Feint. I cast my Life Prism, when I need it. It works for me perfectly.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist
Well, i am a death wizard. I have two traps that confuse me all the time. Feint looks exactly the same as Curse. When I am with balance wizards, i confuse my spells with their spell Hex. Also, the blade I get with Dark Pact looks exactly the same as a Dragonblade and a Balanceblade. See my problem?