Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fundamental Flaw

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
My son and I share an account. I think it is a huge flaw in the game that either one of us can sign on and boot the other one off without warning. I do not think the person who is playing first should be the one to get kicked off. How hard would it be for the person trying to sign on to be told they cannot since someone is already signed on to that account? It is VERY frustrating to be booted out of dungeons and battles because my 8 year old son signs on when he is away for the weekend visiting his dad.

Administrator
Thank you for your feedback but this is not a fundamental flaw, it is how our, and every other online game, is designed to work.

You can request to move the characters you use to a separate account and then the two of you can play concurrently. Visit https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444 for instructions on requesting character transfers.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
VykingPrincess on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Ah, I see...the fix is more money.
No, it's a security measure as well.

If, for some reason, your account was compromised and someone got into it, would you rather have the hacker in the account with you, ransacking your bank and selling their ill-gotten gains, while you could do nothing but stand by and watch them take your stuff? If you answered no, this is exactly why each player needs his or her own account to play the game as intended.

Think of it like a bank account: anyone who knows your PIN can withdraw funds from that account at any time; if you accidentally leave that PIN lying around somewhere and another unauthorized person finds it, then you're sunk. Therefore, having your own account is the only way to protect yourself; similarly, if you log into your w101 account while someone is on it, it will boot them out, thus sparing (or mostly sparing) you the fate above.

I run 2 accounts, and I pay for both. If both accounts are part of the same "family", you actually get both memberships at a discounted rate.

How to play with family members:
https://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/86/kw/account%20safety/related/1

How to make a Family of Accounts:
https://kingsisle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/92/kw/account%20safety

I hope this helps.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
VykingPrincess on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Ah, I see...the fix is more money.
It's really not about making more money. It's about preventing the obvious cheating that allowing you to play multiple wizards on the same account would allow. No game anywhere in the world allows people to be logged in to same account more than once. Even totally free games don't allow it for OBVIOUS reasons. Why do you think it's fair for you to share items and play all your wizards at once? The flaw here was making one account instead of making one account the parent account of the other. This would allow you control over your son's account access and still allow you both to play together.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
No, the fix is not using one membership for two people. Unlike many MMOs, this one does actually give a discount for family memberships. Link the accounts as a family account. The family account is a wonderful feature, especially as I have two young daughters. I can transfer just enough crowns to their account to let them open the areas I approve. I can also monitor their purchases and set their accounts to not allow them to gift others.

There is no cost to create the new account either, but for obvious reasons KI needs to charge for subscriptions and premium content on a per-account basis, and one account is for one person.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I am assuming one cannot transfer characters already under one account to another one but need to start over fresh.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
VykingPrincess on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I am assuming one cannot transfer characters already under one account to another one but need to start over fresh.
You can transfer characters between accounts. Below are the conditions:

"Yes we can transfer characters between two accounts if:
a) both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts
b) both accounts pass our security checks
c) both accounts have a Membership for a 1 year term

If your situation meet these conditions, send an email to support@wizard101.com and let Mr Lincoln know the Source Account, the Destination Account, and the name of the character(s) to be transferred and he will look into the transfer for you.

All of Mr Lincoln's decisions are final when it comes to character transfer requests."

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Yes, you can transfer characters from one account to another, as long as they are linked in the family accounts and they both have a one year membership. Professor Greyrose explained it here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I can't say officially, being only a player, but I think they will do that for you as a one time favor if you have a full year subscription on both accounts and ask very nicely :)

My experience with this company has been overwhelmingly positive. They are not always super quick to respond (not surprising given the size of the customer base) but they make a good effort to help, as with Prof Greyrose taking the time to respond personally to posts here. (thanks!)

I don't know of any game that lets you have two chars open on one account. As others have said, the policy here is normal and needed to prevent potential abuse.

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Yes, characters can be transferred, provided that they meet the conditions outlined in this post.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444

Hope this helps!

-v.
(this is my second account)

Administrator
Please read my original reply to this thread.

You can request to move the characters you use to a separate account and then the two of you can play concurrently. Visit https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/can-i-transfer-a-character-between-accounts-16444 for instructions on requesting character transfers.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Okay so i have this suggestion that i really hope you make by 2 people can be on the same account at once. Me and my sister always complain about who gets to play wizard101 first and then either me or her gets it and i just think it is not fair. I think we should be able to have 2 players on one account at a time.