Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightmare Hybrid

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
Is it still possible to hatch a nightmare hybrid since the nightmare pack came out?

I've read in an old post Professor Greyrose related it was still possible (but very rare). In later posts in that thread players stated it was no longer possible (https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pet-pavilion/is-the-nightmare-hybrid-still-available-32779).

I've got the unicorn and helephant I just don't want to waste time and snack leveling them up for a pet I could never get.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I have both kinds. How do you tell the difference once they are hatched and grown? Is there a way to know that your pet is a pack nightmare or a hybrid baby?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I have both kinds. How do you tell the difference once they are hatched and grown? Is there a way to know that your pet is a pack nightmare or a hybrid baby?
The first gen has a pedigree of 60, so if it's anything else it's a hybrid. Also the first gen gets unicorn at teen, the hybrid doesn't have that talent possible from either parents.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I would say the hybrid will manifest life and/or fire talents that the original would not get since the original Nightmare is Death so except for Unicorn all the rest are Death type talents?

We tried a few times for a hybrid but didn't have much luck getting one and being not that persistent moved on. We just gave up on proof with a bunch of Starfish also. Now going to try to get Frankinbunny/starfish hatch so we can get proof, spritely and energizing battery maybe in one pet. Some times on a second hatch we have gotten what we want from a pet.

Mary

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I don't think you can tell the difference. Maybe by pedigree?

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
seethe42 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
The first gen has a pedigree of 60, so if it's anything else it's a hybrid. Also the first gen gets unicorn at teen, the hybrid doesn't have that talent possible from either parents.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around hatching and hybrids so if I hatch a hybrid nightmare with a pet that does a "MC" that I want, is it possible for the the offspring to gain that ability? Or

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
seethe42 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Wouldn't that depend on the parents? If they were not first gen pets then they could have had any trait breed into then.
The pedigree tip sounds like a good one though. Since parents can have all kinds of stuff in them including a variance of pedigrees that sounds like a good guide. Thanks.