Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fast Travel idea.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I think there needs to be a fast travel in instance zones, because lots of times they are big, and sometimes, mounts are disabled! There are really big dungeons (Shirataki temple, Mooshu) and there should be flying objects which vary by world. Here is a list of what I think should appear in these large instances.

Shirataki Temple: Some kind of huge Earth golem, which flings your wizard to destinated location (ooh, ouch.)
Luckily, he lands on him/her's feet. As a cosmetic effect, a ninja pig with a paintbrush stands near the location, which will be identified by a target he painted. Your wizard will randomly hit a bulls-eye.

Katzenstein's lab: A big rocket which your wizard uses. He/she will use some rope or tape to strap him/herself to the rocket, and fly to your spellcaster's location.

Some areas are just big, and they have a lot of walking to do.

Moon Cliffs (Khrysalis) You and Dyvim will go flying on a big bee into your location. Can only be used when honeycomb gate is unlocked. As another cosmetic change, if you have that Dragonfly with Dorian, you will ride that instead.

Nearly all Dragonspyre areas: You will proceed to ride a huge fire dragon and float to your location, much like the one in the Crown room of Fire (you fly through a lava cave.)

Cyclops Lane: A massive cyclops scoops you up with his hammer, and sprints to your location. Any mobs will be avoided unless you have "fight monsters" in the bottom left corner on. If encountering a monster in this case, you will hop off the hammer and engage a duel.

Stormriven (Celestia) A series of moon pylons use beams to strike you, and you teleport to your location.

I think this would be a good idea, Kingsisle, and I'm leaving KI to decide where the end points for the locations are.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Usually developers have used teleporters, but not always. Some of the longest walks are in Mooshu (Jade Palace to Ancient Burial Grounds, or to Village of Sorrow) and Zafaria (Baobab Market to Elephant Graveyard). I am unsure why developers didn't give us any shortcuts in those cases. It makes the thought of actually replaying those areas very unpleasant.

I think if they just made sure the teleport stones were better placed and always available, that would be quicker and better.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This has been addressed in Avalon forward. The last three worlds have teleporter shortcuts to the main areas. Going back to change old worlds isn't as effective a use of developer's time and money as having them make new content is.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I don't really often times find teleporters in Instance zones, and there were no teleporters after Dragonspyre.